Luke Sickle the guy that lost to Golden is the hero on this board

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now y’all scarred or Non P5 cincy..charmin soft *** mofos
1604279178413.gif

Can we please stop sucking off a middle of the road G5 team that has had unimpressive wins against the following powerhouses:

Austin Peay
Army
USF
SMU
Memphis

Not even a low or mid level P5 team in that murderer’s row of opponents.

But we have other threads begging to hire this HC. There is some kind of contagious brain trauma permeating throughout CIS.

Nobody knows if this guy ends up being something or not, but nothing about him screams “must get“ at this time.

The Ridder kid is good but stop it. They’re not better than Louisville and we handled Louisville.

Advertisement
Didn’t Randy Shannon beat Dabo? Lmao

Yup, he sure did. Hard to believe.

October 2, 2010. Miami 30, Clemson 21.

I had totally forgotten about that game.

Anyway, at the time, I’m sure it seemed like a completely meaningless win. Clemson went on to finish 6-7.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not to be objective or anything, and I've never in my life typed "Luke Fickell" before stumbling upon this thought provoking thread, but...he was the interim coach of a bad O$U team serving as the placeholder for Meyer after Tressel got booted, when he lost to Golden. He had no business being the HC of a major D1 program, they just needed someone to do the job for a year so they could sign *** the following season.

Al Golden did however manage to lose to Cincinnati, coached by Tommy Tuberville if I recall. The same Al Golden who hasn't come close to sniffing a HC nor coordinator gig since Dabo made him bite the pillow to the tune of 58-0. You can believe Fickell is or isn't the next big thing based on what he's doing at Cincinnati, but at least someone thought he was worthy of another shot at being a HC. He's had back-to-back 11 win seasons. Al Golden is the LB coach for the Bengals. If you had to hire one of them to replace Manny tomorrow, which one are you taking?

Consecutive 11-win seasons followed by an undefeated season and being the first Group of 5 team to qualify for the CFP is impressive.

Urban Meyer’s resume before Florida was a 17-6 record in two seasons at Bowling Green, followed by an 22-2 record in two seasons at Utah, then in the Mountain West Conference. He went undefeated his last season, beating not one single ranked team until beating #19 Pittsburgh in the Fiesta Bowl. He was fortunate to have Alex Smith, a great QB and first pick in the draft.

I’m not saying Fickell is the next Meyer, although Fickell was Meyer’s co-DC at OSU.

Fickell played DT at Ohio State and spent all but his first two years as assistant coach at Ohio State. He may be waiting to see if Ryan Day takes an NFL job. Day was on Chip Kelly’s staffs at Philadelphia and San Francisco. Maybe the Jets call, and Day has his choice of Lawrence or Fields? Or a team just below the Jets, with a shot at Fields?

I doubt CIS has anything to worry about.

Advertisement
Yup, he sure did. Hard to believe.

October 2, 2010. Miami 30, Clemson 21.

I had totally forgotten about that game.

Anyway, at the time, I’m sure it seemed like a completely meaningless win. Clemson went on to finish 6-7.
They had a 5”11 baseball player not named Russell Wilson playing QB..the next year they beat us when we’re ranked in the top 10. Ever since then they’ve never looked back tbh

Consecutive 11-win seasons followed by an undefeated season and being the first Group of 5 team to qualify for the CFP is impressive.

Urban Meyer’s resume before Florida was a 17-6 record in two seasons at Bowling Green, followed by an 22-2 record in two seasons at Utah, then in the Mountain West Conference. He went undefeated his last season, beating not one single ranked team until beating #19 Pittsburgh in the Fiesta Bowl. He was fortunate to have Alex Smith, a great QB and first pick in the draft.

I’m not saying Fickell is the next Meyer, although Fickell was Meyer’s co-DC at OSU.

Fickell played DT at Ohio State and spent all but his first two years as assistant coach at Ohio State. He may be waiting to see if Ryan Day takes an NFL job. Day was on Chip Kelly’s staffs at Philadelphia and San Francisco. Maybe the Jets call, and Day has his choice of Lawrence or Fields? Or a team just below the Jets, with a shot at Fields?

I doubt CIS has anything to worry about.
It’s like a novel concept that people can actually get better at their job. I wouldn’t even count the one year he was “HC” at OSU.

They had a 5”11 baseball player not named Russell Wilson playing QB..the next year they beat us when we’re ranked in the top 10. Ever since then they’ve never looked back tbh
Was that the game where everyone in the stands was yelling "Don't kick it to C.J.Spiller and we did anyway? He took it to the house.

Was that the game where everyone in the stands was yelling "Don't kick it to C.J.Spiller and we did anyway? He took it to the house.
Yup..I was like 13. We was up 3 and They scored on like a 3rd and 12 from the 30 to win smh

Advertisement
Back