Luigi to Oregon

Why is Oregon trying to get a footprint in Florida when they should be focusing on California and the surrounding area

This... I think that's a bad move for Taggart. If he abandons Cali he's an idiot. Not going to get that many kids to go 3k miles for school when they can go 2k and go to USC or some other UC school. Got my popcorn waiting.

He would have bern better off pulling Lupoi because thst guy recruits the West Coast.

Advertisement
Saban re-tooling? Anyway, again, there are plenty of ballers on the west coast who can help Oregon win the Pac 12 and make the playoffs. Silly to waste money trying to get guys to travel from one corner of the country to the other - it's not going to be successful in any meaningful way and he'll just alienate HS Coaches in his natural recruiting base.

Advertisement
Looks like Beanerdict's "business decision" really reaped him some great rewards when he committed treason against UM to run to Alabaga. He languished there for 4 years or so, had to work for a total cvnt face in Sabag, got demoted, and never got mentioned for any good HC gigs.

Mario went there to boost his resume and to gain the experience that would put him in line for another HC gig at a Power 5 conference. Not only did that not happen, but he's now solidified strictly as a recruiting position coach.

Looks like Beanerdict's "business decision" really reaped him some great rewards when he committed treason against UM to run to Alabaga. He languished there for 4 years or so, had to work for a total cvnt face in Sabag, got demoted, and never got mentioned for any good HC gigs.

Mario went there to boost his resume and to gain the experience that would put him in line for another HC gig at a Power 5 conference. Not only did that not happen, but he's now solidified strictly as a recruiting position coach.

Correct. He's turned into a hired gun for recruiting - nothing more. He sold his soul when he decided to "coach" in the underbelly of CFB and now he's stuck there jumping from team to team to be their ace recruiter.

Why is Oregon trying to get a footprint in Florida when they should be focusing on California and the surrounding area

This... I think that's a bad move for Taggart. If he abandons Cali he's an idiot. Not going to get that many kids to go 3k miles for school when they can go 2k and go to USC or some other UC school. Got my popcorn waiting.

He would have bern better off pulling Lupoi because thst guy recruits the West Coast.
It's the same mistake strong made at Texas.

I don't get the hatred for Cristobal. As Miami as it gets. **** of a recruiter. Seems like a lot of sour grapes. Would take him as our OL coach in a heart beat.

Advertisement
Looks like they hired Jim Leavitt to run their defense. I guess Willie T is trying to surround himself with Florida dudes.

Looks like they hired Jim Leavitt to run their defense. I guess Willie T is trying to surround himself with Florida dudes.

Makes about as much sense as if VaTech hired all California or Texas dudes. Fools gold based on their geography alone. Will lose multiple West Coast kids they should be getting to chase Florida and southeast kids they won't. Phil Knight is old as fizuck now and is desperate and/or delusional.

Makes about as much sense as if VaTech hired all California or Texas dudes. Fools gold based on their geography alone. Will lose multiple West Coast kids they should be getting to chase Florida and southeast kids they won't. Phil Knight is old as fizuck now and is desperate and/or delusional.

My thoughts exactly. No kids want to go 3000 miles across country to Oregon!

Advertisement

Correct. He's turned into a hired gun for recruiting - nothing more. He sold his soul when he decided to "coach" in the underbelly of CFB and now he's stuck there jumping from team to team to be their ace recruiter.

Ha and he got himself demoted in the process...honestly its probably the best thing to happen to us that he did leave. When Golden got fired this admin would've made him interim, and then made the lazy LSU like hire by removing the interim tag. Saban may have actually saved us here

My thoughts exactly. No kids want to go 3000 miles across country to Oregon!

A few do. Oregon's 2nd leading rusher (771 yards) is from Gainesville, and their leading pass receiver by number of receptions (52) is from Daytona Beach.

They don't pull many, but they seem to be contributors. Still, the point is sound, as it seems the long way around to recruit talent. The west coast is their breadbasket.

Advertisement
Any chance Saban goes after Searles to replace him?

He was his OL coach at LSU.

They have an OL coach. Mario is the TE/Tackles coach and Brent Keys in the G/C coach

Bama has a coach for every position on the OL, they have a MIKE coach, a WILL coach, and a SAM coach, they have a long snapper coach, they have a fullbacks coach, and a boundary corner coach. They also have analysts that analyze each of the coaches.

How many coaches does the NCAA allow again? Or is it Miami that has a limit?

Advertisement
Back