LSU new QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Coach O isn't my favorite, he's amassed a **** of a coaching staff. While many where aggravated Esminger was promoted to OC, I think he's a **** of a coach and the main reason Burrows came to LSU.

Advertisement
What's many? I'd imagine many people probably did think the rJR was going to win the job instead of the true sophomore. That's not really shocking or doesn't really say much about Burrow's ability. That's just what people expect. If you're worth a ****, then your experience will win out.
How many of those many were "perplexed" afterwards?
Let me take a poll lol

Nobody should be terrified about Manny leaving, coordinators leaving for better jobs happens everywhere. It’s a fact of life if you’re running a good program.

But if you’re waiting for a defense where the “QB is running for his life every play and failing” that defense doesn’t exist and has never existed...not outside of very short stretches.

Even our best defenses had their lapses, and people forget sometimes they were torched as well.

Agreed. I remember the lapses, but never chewed on by unknowns like we saw last year. Although that slow white QBs from osu did make a living running up the middle in that last HC game. We have had trouble with that ever since. It does seem that they would adjust better than mannys when something was working against them.

While Coach O isn't my favorite, he's amassed a **** of a coaching staff. While many where aggravated Esminger was promoted to OC, I think he's a **** of a coach and the main reason Burrows came to LSU.

lol. Wut? He literally fired his OC after a season. How could he have "amassed" a **** of a coaching staff? And is there actually a single bit of evidence that Esminger is a **** of a coach? When is the last time, before this season, he was hired to be OC for a team?
And I get it. You are at what I like to call the "Randy Shannon" point of your fandom. This is when you realize your coach is just horrible, and not the type of CEO, manger, or leader of men that can lead a team to any kind of success. But you start trying to convince yourself that maybe if he can just recruit and then surround himself with really good coordinators, it will work out. Then one day you will wake up and find yourself celebrating over losing to South Florida because it means there's no way they can't fire him now and the nightmare is over. I'm not sure why Troy wasn't that moment for you, but you'll get there soon enough.

Advertisement
Let me take a poll lol

You made the statement. You have to have some ideas about a %? 50%?
I get why Ohio State fans would think he was going to win the job. He was the experienced QB. Usually you have to suck to lose the job to somebody with 2 less years in the program. But the "perplexed" idea just reads as somebody making an excuse. "Usually you do have to suck. But he didn't. He was so good that many OSU fans were perplexed he didn't get it. So don't group him with the Max Brownes of the world." I was just wondering what percentage of OSU fans do you think were perplexed when he didn't win it?

Which programs have the most NFL draft picks in past 10 years?

SEC has almost 100 more picks than the acc combined. Miami isn't in the top 10. Lsu and Bama have 65 picks in the last 10 years.
Miami is definitely in the top 10 with draft picks in the last 10 years and that’s with a down year. Even with all of that Miami is still top 5 in active players in the league

Since 2010 Miami is actually 6th on the list of most playersdrafted.

Which colleges produce most NFL Draft picks? Top programs since 2010

Miami obviously had more draft picks than Oklahoma and clemson in 2018 so we aren’t tied with them anymore

Last edited:
lol. Wut? He literally fired his OC after a season. How could he have "amassed" a **** of a coaching staff? And is there actually a single bit of evidence that Esminger is a **** of a coach? When is the last time, before this season, he was hired to be OC for a team?
And I get it. You are at what I like to call the "Randy Shannon" point of your fandom. This is when you realize your coach is just horrible, and not the type of CEO, manger, or leader of men that can lead a team to any kind of success. But you start trying to convince yourself that maybe if he can just recruit and then surround himself with really good coordinators, it will work out. Then one day you will wake up and find yourself celebrating over losing to South Florida because it means there's no way they can't fire him now and the nightmare is over. I'm not sure why Troy wasn't that moment for you, but you'll get there soon enough.
Esminger has been OC at Clemson, Auburn, Texas A&M. If you want to talk about coaching let's look at your head coach. How many NC's does he have under his belt???

Advertisement
Esminger has been OC at Clemson, Auburn, Texas A&M. If you want to talk about coaching let's look at your head coach. How many NC's does he have under his belt???
He’s won a national title as an offensive coordinator at FSU and another as an assistant coach there as well

How many as head coach????
What’s that got to do with Miami? Georgia is not in the same tier of football program as Miami. We have won 5 titles totals with 4 different coaches winning at least 1.

What’s that got to do with Miami? Georgia is not in the same tier of football program as Miami. We have won 5 titles totals with 4 different coaches winning at least 1.
Miami is like LSU right now. Trying to live off the past. Both programs are solid, but until proven otherwise won't be in the conversation for a national championship

Advertisement
Miami is like LSU right now. Trying to live off the past. Both programs are solid, but until proven otherwise won't be in the conversation for a national championship

You can say that for LSU, don’t put that on us lol. We Have had sh*tty coaching prior to richt being here from 2005-2015 and still was pumping out talent. Our problems are going to get fixed real soon since we have a staff leaps and bounds ahead of what we had in that terrible decade of football

Advertisement
It’s levels to this and you are several behind Miami.
Keep living my on the PAST. Not one player on your team has sniffed the BCS. This back and forth is going no where and unproductive. Tell me what concerns you about your team. I'll start. LSU's Oline while it's talented, is very young at key positions. Losing Clapp to the NFL is huge. He was a solid center. If the Oline can't figure out blitzes and stunts, then it will be growing pains.

Keep living my on the PAST. Not one player on your team has sniffed the BCS. This back and forth is going no where and unproductive. Tell me what concerns you about your team. I'll start. LSU's Oline while it's talented, is very young at key positions. Losing Clapp to the NFL is huge. He was a solid center. If the Oline can't figure out blitzes and stunts, then it will be growing pains.
Our oline is mainly Miami’s weakness too, they aren’t terrible but they aren’t that good either. They struggle with 3rd down blocking and short yardage/goal line situations but are serviceable otherwise

- qb, while malik rosier had a productive year and started off 10-0, he tailed off the last 7 games of the season after he had put up a really good statistical season in the first6 games or so. He’s not accurate enough for Miami’s fans liking but is serviceable. We are hoping he can improve but if not we want the young guns to start. Most of us want them to start regardless tbh

Our oline is mainly Miami’s weakness too, they aren’t terrible but they aren’t that good either. They struggle with 3rd down blocking and short yardage/goal line situations but are serviceable otherwise

- qb, while malik rosier had a productive year and started off 10-0, he tailed off the last 7 games of the season after he had put up a really good statistical season in the first6 games or so. He’s not accurate enough for Miami’s fans liking but is serviceable. We are hoping he can improve but if not we want the young guns to start. Most of us want them to start regardless tbh
Was the 10-0 start due to him playing solidly or being carried by special teams/defense? What's he good at? Deep ball, intermediate throws? Does he audible a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back