LSU new QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re talking about a guy who I’m assuming will have just about 3 months to pick up their offense, build chemistry with his wideouts, and then prepare for our defense.

Depends on how much stock you put into 7 on 7 shorts and shirts drills. I'm not one that believes you can gain that much chemistry through those. So he's probably looking at more like a month.

Advertisement
This discussion is just silly. Jackson is projected to be the first corner taken in the draft by NFL DraftScout.com, 18th overall pick by USAToday, 18th overall by Bleacher, 12th overall by the BigLead, 19th overall by SBNation.
I have no idea how acclaimed one needs to be to be considered "elite," I'll leave that to our esteemed LSU visitors. But the combination of Jackson, Bandy, Redwine, and Johnson is unequivocally an elite secondary. There is no "objective measure" in which one could argue otherwise.

I'm saying these 2 LSU guys are elite and doing elite things as Freshmen. I don't really know much about the Miami guys, but elite DBs don't typically play college ball as seniors, which they both are. That tells me they were going to be lower round picks and decided to come back to improve their draft stock. I think both of the LSU guys will go in the first round and neither will play as seniors. The safety may be a better college player this year in his 4th year than Delpit is in his 2nd, but it won't be by much. As for the corner, Williams is better and it's not really that close.
You got to do a better job trolling 3/10

Who knows. Either way, he's statistically better and projected higher in the draft. There's not really an objective measure you can use to say that Jackson is an equal or better corner.

The other corner spot is really the question. There are some highly recruited guys fighting for that spot. Who wins and how well they play next season (especially in the opener) is a big "?".
Bro get the tiger **** out of your mouth

This discussion is just silly. Jackson is projected to be the first corner taken in the draft by NFL DraftScout.com, 18th overall pick by USAToday, 18th overall by Bleacher, 12th overall by the BigLead, 19th overall by SBNation.
I have no idea how acclaimed one needs to be to be considered "elite," I'll leave that to our esteemed LSU visitors. But the combination of Jackson, Bandy, Redwine, and Johnson is unequivocally an elite secondary. There is no "objective measure" in which one could argue otherwise.

Jackson is good. I googled 2019 NFL mock draft and checked the first page of results. Jackson was listed on most as a first rounder (none predicted past the first round). A couple didn't have him going in the first and he ranged from mid teens to 20s. Williams was on every mock as a first rounder and ranged from #5 to mid teens.

He's got one year of CFB under his belt. He is objectively the better corner. My point with Jackson, is that if he were elite as a Junior he'd have elite stats and gone pro after his junior year, as elite corners are at a premium in the NFL and make ridiculous money. Williams is the first player in SEC history to lead the conference in INTs and PBUs as a freshman and will go in the top 10-15 picks after his rsSoph season. That's elite.

The UM safety wasn't in any of the mocks as a first rounder, so I don't know where that idea came from.

I wasn't arguing that UM's secondary isn't good, just that 1. LSU does in fact have established safeties and 2. Jackson is not as good as Williams by any objective measure. Carry on.

Advertisement
The UM safety wasn't in any of the mocks as a first rounder, so I don't know where that idea came from.

I wasn't arguing that UM's secondary isn't good, just that 1. LSU does in fact have established safeties and 2. Jackson is not as good as Williams by any objective measure. Carry on.

Whom does SbNation have Dallas taking with the 20th pick in their first round mock draft?

Clemson will dominate the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft

The other QBs 1 was an elite 11 and the other would have been even better had he not been injured his Jr and Sr years.
Our QB and offensive line better be ready because they are much deeper than they were in the trenches and many are projecting that line backer Devin White as a top 10 pick in next year’s draft.

Their defense will be better. Their biggest weakness is at corner. They have 1 good one. We will need a lot of throws to TE ans RB out of the backfield to be able to keep them off balance.

As much **** as I've given him, Brevin Jordan looks like he can play the RPO tight end/slot man that Njoku played. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Speaking of, our defense should produce in the flats this year. If we have Pinkney, Derrick smith, Jaquan Johnson, and Trajan B patrolling the flats, I'm predicting some production in the form of pick sixes, sacks, and even forced throws to the middle of the field. So long as Shaq/Pinkney and Redwine can stay with the middle receivers for 2 seconds our defense will be suffocating.

Just thinking out loud, maybe roll out with Brian Hightower and Cager on the edges, and AR in the slot with Brevin at TE. Throw Deejay at in the backfield with Malik/Jarren. Jeff Thomas as a week to week X factor. Our offense should be fun to watch this year.

Delpit is just a Sophomore. I'm pretty sure he was better than Johnson was as a Frosh. If Johnson was elite, he would be working out with his new NFL team, not coming back as a senior. Same goes for Jackson. As much as you may want him to be, he is not as good as Williams. Williams was elite as a Frosh, and will not be playing college ball as a Senior. Starting LSU DBs rarely play college ball as seniors. I guarantee you both Delpit and Williams are drafted higher than Johnson and Jackson and they'll have a year less experience to boot.

Miami is on the way back, and Richt is a good coach, but don't get carried away. Even after a few years of decline, the LSU roster is clearly better.

LSUs DBs play in the worst passing league in cfb. Then they go to the nfl and get exposed. Miami has more talent on defense and offense not even close.

LSUs DBs play in the worst passing league in cfb. Then they go to the nfl and get exposed. Miami has more talent on defense and offense not even close.

Hello Canes fans, I come in peace and looking forward to fun dialogue. I've read this entire thread and wanted join in the banter! Name me LSU db's getting exposed. Lsu puts a **** of a lot more NFL players in the league than Miami has in the last 15 years and it's not close. I'll name a few db's. Honey badger, Patrick Peterson, Jamal Adams, tre white, jalen mills, Ronald Martin, Morris Claiborne, donte Jackson. Name me one please that's a bust???? Greedy will be the top db drafted next year if he stays healthy. Unfortunately that means he will be gone. Our #2 corner isn't in the same hemisphere. That's a concern, but not a huge drop off due to all the talent. The safety position is very strong and deep. I think the biggest concern for LSU fans will be how the Oline performs. Imo that's the weak link on the team until proven otherwise. LSU's dline is nasty this year and will give Olines fits. Aranda finally has depth and players will rotate regularly to stay fresh. I honestly think this well be a **** of a game. I don't know if I see either team scoring more than 20 points.

Advertisement
Many buckeye fans felt he was going to win the starting spot and were perplexed when Urban didn't pick him.
Because Haskins is the better talent and shown more flashes, it’s simple

Many buckeye fans felt he was going to win the starting spot and were perplexed when Urban didn't pick him.
Meyer has won enough to be given the benefit of the doubt.. I guess we gonna find out in about 4 months

Advertisement
Hello Canes fans, I come in peace and looking forward to fun dialogue. I've read this entire thread and wanted join in the banter! Name me LSU db's getting exposed. Lsu puts a **** of a lot more NFL players in the league than Miami has in the last 15 years and it's not close. I'll name a few db's. Honey badger, Patrick Peterson, Jamal Adams, tre white, jalen mills, Ronald Martin, Morris Claiborne, donte Jackson. Name me one please that's a bust???? Greedy will be the top db drafted next year if he stays healthy. Unfortunately that means he will be gone. Our #2 corner isn't in the same hemisphere. That's a concern, but not a huge drop off due to all the talent. The safety position is very strong and deep. I think the biggest concern for LSU fans will be how the Oline performs. Imo that's the weak link on the team until proven otherwise. LSU's dline is nasty this year and will give Olines fits. Aranda finally has depth and players will rotate regularly to stay fresh. I honestly think this well be a **** of a game. I don't know if I see either team scoring more than 20 points.
“Not close”
Who's No. 1? Ranking schools that are best producers of NFL talent - NFL.com
Miami has the 2nd most draft picks in the country since 2000.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the biggest concern for LSU fans will be how the Oline performs. Imo that's the weak link on the team until proven otherwise. LSU's dline is nasty this year and will give Olines fits. Aranda finally has depth and players will rotate regularly to stay fresh. I honestly think this well be a **** of a game. I don't know if I see either team scoring more than 20 points.

The biggest concern for LSU fans is the guy with the cajun accent. Your worst unit on the field is a far, far distant concern compared to the man heading your program and his ability to lead a team beyond 4 to 5 losses every year.

What's many? I'd imagine many people probably did think the rJR was going to win the job instead of the true sophomore. That's not really shocking or doesn't really say much about Burrow's ability. That's just what people expect. If you're worth a ****, then your experience will win out.
How many of those many were "perplexed" afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back