LSU Looking to hire Blake Baker *Update* BAKER TO LSU

He's just another fall guy. Manny's D system is Trash.
And yet give me the 2018 and we probably lose only to Clemson. You want to blame Diaz. Blame him for the worst P5 linebacker room in the country and a corner room that cannot play man let alone zone. We get a huge break here if Baker goes and we pick up a linebacker coach who can recruit. T-Rob already talked about some coverage concepts that will make us better against slots.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kevin Steele gave up 70 points to West Virginia on the very same field, got fired by Dabo, then found a way to coordinate very good defenses since. I swear it is like context or historical knowledge of college football is completely absent sometimes. Manny got got. How he responds to that will determine what he'll be. Could be an awful footnote or the beginning of the end.
Clemson and West Virginia played at UNC?

I think you've got the sh*tkickings Manny has taken all mixed up.

The footnotes are beginning to add up imo.

We'll see.

SEC RB's like...

Herb Dean Sport GIF by UFC

If it happens it will be interesting to see what route we take filling the spot. Does Diaz still call plays and just fill with a LB coach and allocate CO-DC duties or do we hire a legitimate DC?
I don't care if Manny calls plays or not (I wouldn't if I was him, but whatever); but I would like him to hire someone with different ideas just for an infusion of some new ideas/concepts. Since T-Rob has that experience, I wonder if he gets elevated?

Advertisement
If it happens it will be interesting to see what route we take filling the spot. Does Diaz still call plays and just fill with a LB coach and allocate CO-DC duties or do we hire a legitimate DC?
My guess is a new LB coach and Manny will keep the play-calling duties.

I think it might be too late for a new DC.

I don't care if Manny calls plays or not (I wouldn't if I was him, but whatever); but I would like him to hire someone with different ideas just for an infusion of some new ideas/concepts. Since T-Rob has that experience, I wonder if he gets elevated?
That’s what makes it interesting. Lots of routes we could go here.

Really hope there’s an external hire of a good upcoming DC.

Advertisement
Manny already showed us he doesn’t think his system is the issue

So for everyone thinking we bring in a highly regarded DC to run their own system is chasing fools gold

If Baker leaves, Manny will promote Patke or bring in a lower level LB coach to run his system

Well, at minimum we need a competent linebacker coach CAN recruit. I am not opposed to T-Rob and Jess having co-DC titles and game plan together.

Advertisement
The LSU writers on 247 are saying they hear from their Miami connects the details are still being worked out. apparently the $$ is a bit of an issue.

Advertisement
Back