LSU - Gaytors

Advertisement
We laughed at UF for hiring Mullen. Cited his record vs Ranked teams.

We laughed at UF for signing Trask. Citied he was a backup to a star CFB QB in HS.

Both have Florida in national championship contention

We hire Manny who hires Enos and keeps the DB staff. We regress on defense and it more of the same on offense.

Pathetic.
Some knew Mullen was the real deal. Myself, WTH, and a few others. What he did at Miss St was impressive. You have to look beyond the record to understand how great of a job he did. Talent he’s working with at UF isn’t much better than ours to give you an idea of how good of a job he’s doing right now and how bad of a job manny is doing. If he ups their talent level they will be really good

I don’t think it changed because Enos saw what we were working with. If that was the case he would’ve gone full spread fast.
Agreed. Cross that one of the list (or you’d have to hope). I think this offseason is going to tell us a lot about Manny as a CEO and head coach. At this point he has to do what he did with the defense and put his foot down/demand a scheme change. I do think one thing Manny showed as a DC was an ability to analyze, adapt, and change. Sometimes it just took a while. I’m hoping that trait shows itself with the offensive scheme.

Advertisement
Agreed. Cross that one of the list (or you’d have to hope). I think this offseason is going to tell us a lot about Manny as a CEO and head coach. At this point he has to do what he did with the defense and put his foot down/demand a scheme change. I do think one thing Manny showed as a DC was an ability to analyze, adapt, and change. Sometimes it just took a while. I’m hoping that trait shows itself with the offensive scheme.
His hires were not good. He’s not much to f a recruiter but I’d actually be fine with him as HC if he cans a bunch of staff and hires real coaches this offseason. That will show a lot.

Advertisement
Some knew Mullen was the real deal. Myself, WTH, and a few others. What he did at Miss St was impressive. You have to look beyond the record to understand how great of a job he did. Talent he’s working with at UF isn’t much better than ours to give you an idea of how good of a job he’s doing right now and how bad of a job manny is doing. If he ups their talent level they will be really good
Feel like Mullen will get close but wont win a NC, unless he can get a generational talent at QB. Not a good enough recruiter imo. His teams are always well coached.

His hires were not good. He’s not much to f a recruiter but I’d actually be fine with him as HC if he cans a bunch of staff and hires real coaches this offseason. That will show a lot.
Agreed all around. Very few people are going to be really good at everything. Half of being a good leader, coach or otherwise, is being humble enough to recognize your weaknesses and find people to work under you strong in those areas. I hope he is humble and confident enough to do so.

Edit - it is also a huge concern why I don’t think this will work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back