LSU finished #3 in FPI, #2 in SP+

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are people just making up **** for new ways to rank teams. My goodness. That said, LSU was very good this year, but our 2001 team would have beat the tiger **** out of them.

Advertisement
Yeah might be time to recalibrate these metrics.
I don't think it would take a lot, but when the FPI ratings have zero correlation with the end results, you have to question how good of a predictor it is. If you question that, what value does it provide and how relevant is it?

I don't think it would take a lot, but when the FPI ratings have zero correlation with the end results, you have to question how good of a predictor it is. If you question that, what value does it provide and how relevant is it?

Nobody said that the predicted results are exactly the same as the actual results. S&P and FPI basically predict what would be most likely to happen if we went back in time and played the 2019 season all over again.

Do you really think the 1986 PSU team was better than the 1986 Miami team, for example? By that standard, you’d argue that S&P and FPI should be refined until they rate 1986 PSU ahead of 1986 Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nobody said that the predicted results are exactly the same as the actual results. S&P and FPI basically predict what would happen if we went back and time and played the 2019 season all over again.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Advertisement
Back