LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Seems like yall should just be a shoe in for a natty huh....

Drop in, don't drop in, I can't say I really care.
But the idea that Esminger was some desired OC who just kinda self-exiled himself until Coach O came along, is something you should keep on whatever LSU message board you post on. Because it's just fantasy.

Advertisement
Drop in, don't drop in, I can't say I really care.
But the idea that Esminger was some desired OC who just kinda self-exiled himself until Coach O came along, is something you should keep on whatever LSU message board you post on. Because it's just fantasy.
Listen I was not happy about the O hire or the Ensminger hire at all. He did do well with Cam Camerons play book and he may shock people and he may fall flat on his face which is very possible. And if you go to the LSU board you will see nobody is!

All im saying is this isnt going to be some give me game like some of you think it is. LSU's defense is use to being on the field all game and this year having more depth than ever is going to help that...But i hope to god something sparks on offense to help them out...

I just came here to answer the players to watch for questions and see what everyone was thinking. This is the best opening game this year and it is going to be a good one...

Yall got a lot of fans travelling? One thing i hear is Miami doest travel well? Is that true? Seems like it is going to pretty much be a home game for use cause im sure we will bring about 50k or so

LSU is so arrogant. I expect there to be an LSU tears thread up after we whip their candy asses

By my count LSU must replace 16 starters from 2017.

QB Etling
RB Guice
HB Moore
WR Gage
WR Chark
LT Malone
C Clapp
RG Ingram
RT Weathersby
DL Gilmore
DL Lacouture
LB Key
LB Thompson
LB Alexander
DB Tolliver
DB Jackson

QB= Big Question mark
RB= We will be fine but wont be quite as talented as Guice.
HB= Tory Carter and David Ducre are going to fill in fine
Wr= Giles is going to be dang good ( Need a competent qb for this to matter)
Wr= Chase, Jefferson, Sullivan, Mcmath are all studs ( Need a competent qb for this to matter)
OL and DL= Will be fine we recruited heavy and got some good JUCO guys
DB= Greedy and if we get Fulton back will be big but we still have Kary Vincent and Manie Netherly
OLB= Chaisson, Divinity
ILB= White, Phillips, Queen
DE= We are loaded Fehoko, Lawrence, Farrell, Logan are all good

Advertisement
Seems like yall should just be a shoe in for a natty huh....

I think we have a punchers chance at a spot in the CFP. Maybe not a shoe-in because we've got tougher teams than LSU to get through on our way.

Did you know FPI gives us a better chance of beating LSU than Boston College this season?

LSU is so arrogant. I expect there to be an LSU tears thread up after we whip their candy asses
Everything i have said is truth, im not the arrogant sounding one here. I said it was going to be a close game and can go either way, yall are talking the blowout stuff. And you are the douche sounding one with youre little sorry comment

I think we have a punchers chance at a spot in the CFP. Maybe not a shoe-in because we've got tougher teams than LSU to get through on our way.

Did you know FPI gives us a better chance of beating LSU than Boston College this season?
FPI the media, nobody is ever on LSU's side. You know who has the hardest schedule in all of college football?

Advertisement
Listen I was not happy about the O hire or the Ensminger hire at all. He did do well with Cam Camerons play book and he may shock people and he may fall flat on his face which is very possible. And if you go to the LSU board you will see nobody is!

All im saying is this isnt going to be some give me game like some of you think it is. LSU's defense is use to being on the field all game and this year having more depth than ever is going to help that...But i hope to god something sparks on offense to help them out...

I just came here to answer the players to watch for questions and see what everyone was thinking. This is the best opening game this year and it is going to be a good one...

Yall got a lot of fans travelling? One thing i hear is Miami doest travel well? Is that true? Seems like it is going to pretty much be a home game for use cause im sure we will bring about 50k or so

I have no idea why you're saying anything you've said in response to me? You're just kinda saying things.
I haven't said the game is going to be a blow out in any of our interactions, so the fact that you don't think it's going to be a blowout is fine by me.
Fans don't fear RBs that weren't highly recruited and haven't done anything in college, especially when one of them wanted to play for your school and your coaches passed on him. That doesn't mean these guys won't be studs, it just means it's something that will have to be proved. And until it is proved, it's out of sight, out of mind.
And no team in the country is worried about Steve Ensminger. And none of them should be worried about him. He's a nobody in the offensive world of college football. Maybe he will turn out to be an offensive guru. But once again, until he proves it, you have to assume he sucks based on the evidence we have before us.
None of these things means we will win the game. None of these things mean you shouldn't think LSU is going to win the game. These are just things that have to be conceded in any discussion. When one of the LSU fans earlier asked how Miami's special teams are, I said they are one of the worst in the country. We were 100th in the S&P+ last year in special teams. We sucked. For an honest discussion to be had, that has to be conceded from my end.

I have no idea why you're saying anything you've said in response to me? You're just kinda saying things.
I haven't said the game is going to be a blow out in any of our interactions, so the fact that you don't think it's going to be a blowout is fine by me.
Fans don't fear RBs that weren't highly recruited and haven't done anything in college, especially when one of them wanted to play for your school and your coaches passed on him. That doesn't mean these guys won't be studs, it just means it's something that will have to be proved. And until it is proved, it's out of sight, out of mind.
And no team in the country is worried about Steve Ensminger. And none of them should be worried about him. He's a nobody in the offensive world of college football. Maybe he will turn out to be an offensive guru. But once again, until he proves it, you have to assume he sucks based on the evidence we have before us.
None of these things means we will win the game. None of these things mean you shouldn't think LSU is going to win the game. These are just things that have to be conceded in any discussion. When one of the LSU fans earlier asked how Miami's special teams are, I said they are one of the worst in the country. We were 100th in the S&P+ last year in special teams. We sucked. For an honest discussion to be had, that has to be conceded from my end.
I believe this myself, i was just reffering to the other douche (MnHurricane) who said they were going to send our candyasses home crying and that we are arrogant when im not arrogant and i was referring to the other fan who predicts 41-13. He is entitled to believe what he wants just like I am entitled to disagree. I was simply explaining who to look for, who has replaced the guys that went on to the NFL, the qb situation, and so on. Also every fan base has arrogant fans just like Mnhurricane himself. I know Mnhurricane i have seen Miami players and fans crying like candy asses before with a long trip home from Omaha. It happens.

I to believe everything needs to be proven on our offensive side of the ball with the QB situation being the main thing. I feel Steve can come up with some good schemes but if there isnt a qb who can make the plays happen god bless our defense lol

True and logical!

Advertisement
QB= Big Question mark
RB= We will be fine but wont be quite as talented as Guice.
HB= Tory Carter and David Ducre are going to fill in fine
Wr= Giles is going to be dang good ( Need a competent qb for this to matter)
Wr= Chase, Jefferson, Sullivan, Mcmath are all studs ( Need a competent qb for this to matter)
OL and DL= Will be fine we recruited heavy and got some good JUCO guys
DB= Greedy and if we get Fulton back will be big but we still have Kary Vincent and Manie Netherly
OLB= Chaisson, Divinity
ILB= White, Phillips, Queen
DE= We are loaded Fehoko, Lawrence, Farrell, Logan are all good

Fulton sounds like he'd make a big difference. Do you all expect Ed Alexander to play?

I believe this myself, i was just reffering to the other douche who said they were going to send our candyasses home crying and that we are arrogant when im not arrogant and i was refering to the other fan who predicts 41-13. He is entitled to believe what he wants just like I am entitled to disagree. I was simply explaining who to look for, who has replaced the guys that went on to the NFL, the qb situation, and so on.

I to believe everything needs to be proven on our offensive side of the ball with the QB situation being the main thing. I feel Steve can come up with some good schemes but if there isnt a qb who can make the plays happen god bless our defense lol

that's very well possible to happen tho. watch the ND game from last year. and I'm pretty sure you guys lost that game. they scored 21 against you guys and now you lost more than half your starters and think its not possible?

Fulton sounds like he'd make a big difference. Do you all expect Ed Alexander to play?
Fulton is a big deal!

And Alexander is going to take his time coming back. Reports from summer and fall camp are that Fehoko who is moving to his place is something serious

Sounds like alexander is having knee problems so my guess is they want to take there time with him. Knee problems on the big bawws aint ever a quick recovery

Advertisement
that's very well possible to happen tho. watch the ND game from last year. and I'm pretty sure you guys lost that game. they scored 21 against you guys and now you lost more than half your starters and think its not possible?
Yea that was a complete **** show. Man look anything can happen but I am family friends with a couple of the players family and know them personally and on the defensive side of the ball they said its going to be good, Aranda with his third year in is starting to implement different schemes and with the depth we have at D-Line and line backer they are going to stay fresh. Im excited for the Defense and am going to enjoy all i can watching Devin White this year because I think he will be one of the greatest to come through LSU... But to answer your question yes anything can happen and our offense may cost us to lose that bad if the qb play isnt at least as good as it was last year.

I believe this myself, i was just reffering to the other douche who said they were going to send our candyasses home crying and that we are arrogant when im not arrogant and i was refering to the other fan who predicts 41-13. He is entitled to believe what he wants just like I am entitled to disagree. I was simply explaining who to look for, who has replaced the guys that went on to the NFL, the qb situation, and so on.

I'm not saying LSU is garbage or anything like that. My 41-13 prediction has everything to do with the question marks you've pointed out surrounding the LSU offense. New QB who just began his first camp trying to learn an offense from a guy who hasn't ran one in 20 years, plus having to rely totally on unproven, even if talented skill guys also learning this new system and performing well is just, to me, a recipe for a team to struggle moving the ball on opening day against a very good defense.

I'm not saying your defense isn't one of the better defenses in college football or that our offense is all world, but we do have a ton of guys who have the ability to score anytime they touch the ball. For that reason, I feel like if your offense comes out flat and inconsistent moving the chains, our skill guys will get a lot more opportunities and your defense will eventually wear down.

Yeah I been warning these guys that LSU ALWAYS has quality RBs, it's a given. Just because they don't know the names they shouldn't sleep on them, but they don't wanna hear it. I got Miami 27-21, with a defensive TD

As one of the bigger Chris Curry advocates during the last recruiting cycle, I must say that while i think he will be a good player. The fact that LSU fans are propping him up as one of the reasons why their running game will be legit is super encouraging to me. It would be the equivalent of us being in a position where we were pinning our running game hopes on Camron Davis breaking out in the LSU game. It's worth noting that Curry was a UM fan and probably would have been ours if we really pursued him but the coaches chose Davis over Curry to be the 2nd back in the class along with Lingard (the gem).

I think Curry will end up being a good player. But hes a true freshman that didn't enroll early and is not a generational talent. Pair that with their passing game hopes being pinned on talented freshman, and I'm feeling like our D is gonna eat. I don't care how talented the freshman WRs are, they need a few college games (at least) to be dependable in all facets of the game that make an offense run well (downfield blocking, option routes, reading defenses, etc.).

As one of the bigger Chris Curry advocates during the last recruiting cycle, I must say that while i think he will be a good player. The fact that LSU fans are propping him up as one of the reasons why their running game will be legit is super encouraging to me. It would be the equivalent of us being in a position where we were pinning our running game hopes on Camron Davis breaking out in the LSU game. It's worth noting that Curry was a UM fan and probably would have been ours if we really pursued him but the coaches chose Davis over Curry to be the 2nd back in the class along with Lingard (the gem).

I think Curry will end up being a good player. But hes a true freshman that didn't enroll early and is not a generational talent. Pair that with their passing game hopes being pinned on talented freshman, and I'm feeling like our D is gonna eat. I don't care how talented the freshman WRs are, they need a few college games (at least) to be dependable in all facets of the game that make an offense run well (downfield blocking, option routes, reading defenses, etc.).
Just remember the number 22. He is going to be the feature back.

Advertisement
Back