LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

I didnt say he wasn’t good, just that he can get beat which is true and he was a redshirt freshman last year. when he went against the best receivers on LSU schedule last year damarkus lodge from ole miss and Calvin Ridley from bama exposed him quite a bit. Ahmmon Richards is definitely that caliber of receiver
Also i was reading about yall saying running the ball at D. White would be the best way to expose him. Last year he did have problems over running the read but not often, the dude can flat out fly and he will lay the wood a few times in this game. I honestly have never seen a linebacker in my life time that moves sideline to sideline like him and we have had some great ones come through LSU ( Deon Jones, Beckwith, Duke Riley, Kwon Alexander)

Advertisement
What LSU needs to be worried about is how will the cover the rest of Miami’s weapons. Miami is pretty loaded this year
Im not worried about it I can promise you. Our secondary is nothing as a LSU fan to worry about.

Grant Delpit
Kary Vincent Jr.
John battle
Jacoby Stevens
Ed Paris
If we get Kristian Fulton back it is going to be bad news
Manny Netherly
Eric Monroe

The list goes on, we arent lacking on Defense

What LSU needs to be worried about is how will the cover the rest of Miami’s weapons. Miami is pretty loaded this year
Well fellas just wanted to drop in and give yall some input on what is going on. If yall would like to yall can check out tiger rant on tigerdroppings.com, you can find out stuff there!

I'm still holding firm to my pre-camp prediction.

41-13 Canes.
:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Im not cutting LSU out to be some billy badasses but dude you dont understand what kinda defense and coordinator your gong against. The hardest D yall played last year was who Wisconsin and yall put up 24?

Advertisement
F*ck off!!!!
Hey man look, im about as honest as can be, LSU is on the fence, nobody knows anything with the QB situation and new offense. All i am saying is 41 points will not be scored on LSU's defense. Nobody has scored 40+ points on LSU since 2014. Aranda is a special coordinator! Im not bashing miami at all, when it comes to schools outside of LSU i like Miami and i pull for the U if they arent playing LSU.

Im not worried about it I can promise you. Our secondary is nothing as a LSU fan to worry about.

Grant Delpit
Kary Vincent Jr.
John battle
Jacoby Stevens
Ed Paris
Manny Netherly
Eric Monroe

Any poster on here who questions your Defense is just talkin' **** so take that with a grain of salt. Any knowledgable poster knows your D will come to play.

What I am banking on as a UM fan is your offense just not being ready to take on the task this early in the season (especially with a new QB, RB and change in offensive philosophy) and your D getting worn out late in the game.

I know your fans probably question Rosier just like we question Burrow/McMillan but at least we know Rosier has the ability to perform when the lights are on. (FSU, VTech, ND)..Not sure if LSUs QBs can say the same. First time for everything though.

Advertisement
Offense who knows. Clyde Edwards Helaire is a Darrius Guice type back at 5'8" 210 ish he is a bowling ball and runs angry. We do have some big physical recievers but dont know much about them due to the lack of offensive play from QBs. I think Ensminger will open it up with multiple formations and do everything from smash mouth I-formation to 4 or 5 wide outs. It will be interesting to see. This is the first year in a while we have had serious depth in the trenchs.

I think it is going to be a fun game to watch

Dont fool yourselves thinking we have a running back problem because Chris Curry and Clyde are going to be great.

And did i mention K'lavon Chaisson he is a monster at D end!

lol @ an OC that nobody has wanted to call plays in like 20 years, coming out and running every formation in his first game. I really hope that is exactly what he does.

Any poster on here who questions your Defense is just talkin' **** so take that with a grain of salt. Any knowledgable poster knows your D will come to play.

What I am banking on as a UM fan is your offense just not being ready to take on the task this early in the season (especially with a new QB, RB and change in offensive philosophy) and your D getting worn out late in the game.

I know your fans probably question Rosier just like we question Burrow/McMillan but at least we know Rosier has the ability to perform when the lights are on. (FSU, VTech, ND)..Not sure if LSUs QBs can say the same. First time for everything though.

Im not worried about running back at all, they may not have played much but they are work horses. Qb is definitely something us LSU fans have been worried about for years.

Grant Delpit
Kary Vincent Jr.
John battle
Jacoby Stevens
Ed Paris
Manny Netherly
Eric Monroe

You are not lacking on defense. We know this. But you wasn’t lacking on defense when you lost to Troy and got blown out by Mississippi state and how did that turn out?

Im not worried about running back at all, they may not have played much but they are work horses. Qb is definitely something us LSU fans have been worried about for years.

That means neither side is worried about RB at LSU. That's good, one less thing for both sides to stress about.

Advertisement
lol @ an OC that nobody has wanted to call plays in like 20 years, coming out and running every formation in his first game. I really hope that is exactly what he does.
Ensminger isnt a bad coach, he has came out himself and said he hasnt wanted an OC job due to wanting to not have that amount of stress; however whenever he went in as interim it was pretty special what he did with someone elses playbook. We are just as skeptical as yall are about our offense but Ensminger is going to come in with different formations, you are going to see different styles of offenses, they showed that in the spring game. Having a competent QB is the big question mark

Very unproven QB who lost the starting job, then the second string job to Tate Martell. No way he goes in week 1 against a strong P5 defense and does much. Not saying he won't do anything but some people down there believe this kid is like some Johnny Manziel QB and will walk right in and light it up lol There is a reason why he transferred...

That means neither side is worried about RB at LSU. That's good, one less thing for both sides to stress about.
You just keep believing what you want about that. Im not going to sit here and argue with you. Just because they didnt see the field because Guice and Williams were all we needed doesnt mean they arent good. Any school that has a Guice type back is going to run the **** out of them

Advertisement
:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Im not cutting LSU out to be some billy badasses but dude you dont understand what kinda defense and coordinator your gong against. The hardest D yall played last year was who Wisconsin and yall put up 24?
That’s been my score prediction since before camp started. It’s pretty optimistic, I’ll give you that. But LSU has no proven commodity on offense. I’m having trouble seeing how they’re going to move the ball and manufacture points.

On the other hand, the best defense our offense faces, they face every day on the practice field, and early reports seem to indicate that they’re holding their own so far. I really think our offense has the weapons to create matchup problems for any defense we’ll see this season.

I’m banking heavily on at least moderate improvement along our offensive line, but when I look at our weapons at the skill positions, who’ll likely get even more possessions than usual against a team that has been known to struggle moving the football and against our defense that prides itself in sacks, TFLs, and take aways...yeah I’m sticking to that score, at least for now.

Ensminger isnt a bad coach, he has came out himself and said he hasnt wanted an OC job due to wanting to not have that amount of stress; however whenever he went in as interim it was pretty special what he did with someone elses playbook. We are just as skeptical as yall are about our offense but Ensminger is going to come in with different formations, you are going to see different styles of offenses, they showed that in the spring game. Having a competent QB is the big question mark

Just stop. The idea that Esminger was a desired offensive mind, and it's only through his own desire, that he hasn't been an OC in 20ish years, is simply something you're telling yourself to feel better.
He wasn't highly sought of when he was an OC (back in the 90's), and he's not now.
And like I said, I hope he does. Please let him try to go in and out different formations in Week 1.

You just keep believing what you want about that. Im not going to sit here and argue with you. Just because they didnt see the field because Guice and Williams were all we needed doesnt mean they arent good. Any school that has a Guice type back is going to run the **** out of them

That's fine. Life's too short to stress over whether a 3* RB and a low 4* RB that our coaches didn't want, are going to run all of our football team. If they do, they do. But it's not anything to worry about.

Just stop. The idea that Esminger was a desired offensive mind, and it's only through his own desire, that he hasn't been an OC in 20ish years, is simply something you're telling yourself to feel better.
He wasn't highly sought of when he was an OC (back in the 90's), and he's not now.
And like I said, I hope he does. Please let him try to go in and out different formations in Week 1.

That's fine. Life's too short to stress over whether a 3* RB and a low 4* RB that our coaches didn't want, are going to run all of our football team. If they do, they do. But it's not anything to worry about.
Seems like yall should just be a shoe in for a natty huh....

Advertisement
Back