LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Advertisement
I said it before and I will say it again. This has the making of an ugly defensive game.
Both defenses are speedy and ready to show the world that they can bring the pain.

My gut says at the end of the day we will win something like 17-12 or a late FG to make it 20-12 and everyone around here will be angry and say we got lucky..

I hope I am wrong though and we blow them out and make it a statement game to the world that we are back.
In order for that to happen we have to be more efficient and score off turnovers.

Like I've said, as long as we continue to have Rosier at QB, a mediocre offensive line and Manny Diaz continues to get braindead on 3rd downs, I don't have the utmost confidence.

In regards to a few comments here, I watched some of those Esminger called games. The offense was much better under him. However, they relied a ton on those great backs.

Judging by the spring game and his previous play calling, I bet you we will see him try to imitate some of what Wisconsin did in the fact that they used a lot of double tight and some unbalanced line. Manny just couldn't adjust to Wisconsin in their Double tight sets. Wisconsin created extra gaps that our DBs had to defend. They also managed to chip the End with their TE and FB and slow our edge rush down a little. Wisconsin also ran a lot of waggle plays dragging a receiver or tight end across the field. Esminger does that a lot as well. When Wisconsin went spread they took advantage of the space between the linebackers and our safeties which played way inexplicably deep. Our LBs had to respect the run fake and couldn't turn and run underneath the bracket. They isolated Johnson and Redwine in coverage consistently.

Now LSU doesn't have Hornebrook but the way we made every QB look good at the end of the year, I would be concerned. They don't have Wisconsin's O Line but they have more talented receivers, IMO. Giles the guy from Texas Tech is legit.

Last year Rosier's inaccuracy and the O line's mediocre play meant that we were a feast or famine offense. We struggled against some defenses that we should have scorched with our skill talent. It was big play or bust. Not methodical ball movement. That is what worries me against Aranda's disruptive defense. It's designed to force offenses into dink and dunk patience.
Spot on. Game is absolutely a toss up.

LSU's OL is pretty underrated and they will attempt to make this a Big Boy football game. It can go the way of the ND game, or it can go the way of the Pitt/Wisconsin game.

I'm more concerned about our Defense than their's.

Advertisement

LSU's OL is pretty underrated and they will attempt to make this a Big Boy football game. It can go the way of the ND game, or it can go the way of the Pitt/Wisconsin game.

This is quite the opposite. They absolutely do not want to make this a big boy football game because they are changing their offense to become more finesse. Les Miles was the "big boy football" guy...Orgerons approach plays right into our hands. A 4-5 wide offense isn't telling me you want to test our metal in the trenches. Tells me you don't feel good about your run game and want to play to your strengths which is a deep WR group.

Agree with Jassid. If LSU had the personnel to pound the ball down our throat, they wouldn't abandon their offensive scheme. Especially since they have to rely on true freshmen receivers under their new spread system. Diaz and our secondary must be licking their chops waiting to out-muscle and step in front of those kids for a pick 6. We've had our own experience with freshmen receivers lately (Ahmmon, Thomas and Harley) and all took several games to acclimate before they were able to contest balls.

The real question won't be how many points can LSU score. I think we'll hold them to below 20, potentially below 10. So the real question is can we score more than 20 while avoiding turnovers? Like him or not, Rosier is battle hardened. And the only games where he failed to score more than 20 were Pitt and Clemson, when we were down Walton, Herndon and Richards. Barring new injuries to either team, my expected outcome is 24-14. But I could see a scenario where we paste 30+ on them, given our experience on offense and all of our weapons.

Agree with Jassid. If LSU had the personnel to pound the ball down our throat, they wouldn't abandon their offensive scheme. Especially since they have to rely on true freshmen receivers under their new spread system. Diaz and our secondary must be licking their chops waiting to out-muscle and step in front of those kids for a pick 6. We've had our own experience with freshmen receivers lately (Ahmmon, Thomas and Harley) and all took several games to acclimate before they were able to contest balls.

The real question won't be how many points can LSU score. I think we'll hold them to below 20, potentially below 10. So the real question is can we score more than 20 while avoiding turnovers? Like him or not, Rosier is battle hardened. And the only games where he failed to score more than 20 were Pitt and Clemson, when we were down Walton, Herndon and Richards. Barring new injuries to either team, my expected outcome is 24-14. But I could see a scenario where we paste 30+ on them, given our experience on offense and all of our weapons.

I think they will score only off turns overs, either td s or that put them with great field position

Like it or not, this is going to be a close game for 3 quarters. The team that wins the turnover battle shall win this game. Yes I know, simple reasoning but it’s the truth given both team’s defenses. I like Miami’s chances if Rosier can play to his strengths and doesn’t throw dirt balls like he did vs Pitt, Clemson, and Wisconsin. If he’s truly gotten his game and accuracy up I can see us spreading them out and punishing them with the combination of Homer, Dallas, and Lingard. Then when they adjust to that, we’ll go over top with Richards or Thomas. I think who plays at thei 2nd CB spot is who will play key to this game as well. If he’s not that good then Thomas is going to eat him alive.

Advertisement

Worded perfectly. We either play up to our ability like ND or VT or they will do the things that Pitt & Wisconsin did that frustrated us.

I think we win but I'm not going to go all homer and say we dominate.

Only 3.5 weeks to go fellas. Feel free to drop any LSU videos, articles, tweets, message board links, ect., here to help everyone get familiar with our opponent on September 2nd.
I'll start us off...

Link to LSU message board tigerdroppings
Tiger Rant - LSU Football - Sports Forum

LSU fan dropping in....

As far as players to look far of course yall have figured it out Devin White is a nightmare to most teams. Weighting 240 lbs and runs a 4.3-4.4 40. Greedy Williams is a really good will be first round draft pick at cornerback. Grant Delpit is very good in the secondary and John battle is a veteran. Rashard lawrence at D end and Braden Fehoka are some bad dudes.

Offense who knows. Clyde Edwards Helaire is a Darrius Guice type back at 5'8" 210 ish he is a bowling ball and runs angry. We do have some big physical recievers but dont know much about them due to the lack of offensive play from QBs. I think Ensminger will open it up with multiple formations and do everything from smash mouth I-formation to 4 or 5 wide outs. It will be interesting to see. This is the first year in a while we have had serious depth in the trenchs.

I think it is going to be a fun game to watch

Dont fool yourselves thinking we have a running back problem because Chris Curry and Clyde are going to be great.

And did i mention K'lavon Chaisson he is a monster at D end!

Attachments

• Chaisson-LSUsportsnet.jpg
    Chaisson-LSUsportsnet.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Clyde.jpg
    Clyde.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 16
  • D White.jpg
    D White.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Greedy.jpg
    Greedy.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Like it or not, this is going to be a close game for 3 quarters. The team that wins the turnover battle shall win this game. Yes I know, simple reasoning but it’s the truth given both team’s defenses. I like Miami’s chances if Rosier can play to his strengths and doesn’t throw dirt balls like he did vs Pitt, Clemson, and Wisconsin. If he’s truly gotten his game and accuracy up I can see us spreading them out and punishing them with the combination of Homer, Dallas, and Lingard. Then when they adjust to that, we’ll go over top with Richards or Thomas. I think who plays at thei 2nd CB spot is who will play key to this game as well. If he’s not that good then Thomas is going to eat him alive.
It doesn’t matter who is their2nd cb, they won’t be unbeatable with our weapons and greedy Williams certainly isn’t some lockdown corner that people try to portray he is. Most of his ints came from trash competition and he was beat multiple times in their biggest games. Imagine what a healtjyAhmmon would do to him

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter who is their2nd cb, they won’t be unbeatable with our weapons and greedy Williams certainly isn’t some lockdown corner that people try to portray he is. Most of his ints came from trash competition and he was beat multiple times in their biggest games. Imagine what a healtjyAhmmon would do to him
I think it is safe to say you are wrong, dude was a true freshman and yes he did get beat at time but not much, he isnt rated to be a first round draft pick at his sophomore year for no reason... 6 ints as a true freshman is pretty dang good no matter who it is against and that is with Donte Jackson and Kevin Tolliver a lot of the time

I think it is safe to say you are wrong, dude was a true freshman and yes he did get beat at time but not much, he isnt rated to be a first round draft pick at his sophomore year for no reason... 6 ints as a true freshman is pretty dang good no matter who it is against and that is with Donte Jackson and Kevin Tolliver a lot of the time
I didnt say he wasn’t good, just that he can get beat which is true and he was a redshirt freshman last year. when he went against the best receivers on LSU schedule last year damarkus lodge from ole miss and Calvin Ridley from bama exposed him quite a bit. Ahmmon Richards is definitely that caliber of receiver

Chaisson is a monster @ DE

Thanks for stopping in @SwampBandit

Give me your prediction as an LSU fan please
It is going to be close, I think it will be who wins the turnover battle. Only thing that will make LSU break away is if by some chance they run the ball all over the place and wear yall out but nobody can guess that right now because we are blind to what our offense will do. I do know Clyde and Chris are going to break out this year especially with our revamped o line and we will have a **** good D like we always do. Im going 24-20ish either team. One big play will determine the game i think

Advertisement
I didnt say he wasn’t good, just that he can get beat which is true and he was a redshirt freshman last year. when he went against the best receivers on LSU schedule last year damarkus lodge from ole miss and Calvin Ridley from bama exposed him quite a bit. Ahmmon Richards is definitely that caliber of receiver
Yea covering Calvin Ridley as a true freshman is never fun.... It is going to be fun to watch these two for sure... Both of the bawws are ballers

It is going to be close, I think it will be who wins the turnover battle. Only thing that will make LSU break away is if by some chance they run the ball all over the place and wear yall out but nobody can guess that right now because we are blind to what our offense will do. I do know Clyde and Chris are going to break out this year especially with our revamped o line and we will have a **** good D like we always do. Im going 24-20ish either team. One big play will determine the game i think

Yeah I been warning these guys that LSU ALWAYS has quality RBs, it's a given. Just because they don't know the names they shouldn't sleep on them, but they don't wanna hear it. I got Miami 27-21, with a defensive TD

Yea covering Calvin Ridley as a true freshman is never fun.... It is going to be fun to watch these two for sure... Both of the bawws are ballers
What LSU needs to be worried about is how will the cover the rest of Miami’s weapons. Miami is pretty loaded this year

This is quite the opposite. They absolutely do not want to make this a big boy football game because they are changing their offense to become more finesse. Les Miles was the "big boy football" guy...Orgerons approach plays right into our hands. A 4-5 wide offense isn't telling me you want to test our metal in the trenches. Tells me you don't feel good about your run game and want to play to your strengths which is a deep WR group.

Don't buy into everything you hear. They want to try and use their WR talent more because their RB talent is subpar but if you watch their spring game they ran plenty of I and double tights. What they want to do is use more tempo to limit our substitutions. I don't fear their WR talent but Giles is a very good WR. I don't fear their Qbs either. Like I said its all up to if Manny has his head up his ***. If not we should be able to slow down their offense. Pitt gave us a hard time and moved the chains without a spectacular RB and a Freshman Qb, running power with Jet sweep motion.

Advertisement
Back