LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Advertisement
Most of that board seems pretty dull. I realize that we have our share here too, but it seems like they definitely have more. While I have seen many on here claim it will be close or that we even lose, I can count on one hand the amount of them that haven't said anything other than "hurrr durr our defense" or "hurr durr this isn't the 80's anymore" (which is ironic, considering most of them seem to believe they are still in their glory days).

**** LSU and **** TigerDroppings. I am going to be high-stepping all over that ******* trash dump of a forum when it's all said and done. This is a match between two programs going completely opposite directions.
Lsu has glory days?

Like I've said, as long as we continue to have Rosier at QB, a mediocre offensive line and Manny Diaz continues to get braindead on 3rd downs, I don't have the utmost confidence.

In regards to a few comments here, I watched some of those Esminger called games. The offense was much better under him. However, they relied a ton on those great backs.

Judging by the spring game and his previous play calling, I bet you we will see him try to imitate some of what Wisconsin did in the fact that they used a lot of double tight and some unbalanced line. Manny just couldn't adjust to Wisconsin in their Double tight sets. Wisconsin created extra gaps that our DBs had to defend. They also managed to chip the End with their TE and FB and slow our edge rush down a little. Wisconsin also ran a lot of waggle plays dragging a receiver or tight end across the field. Esminger does that a lot as well. When Wisconsin went spread they took advantage of the space between the linebackers and our safeties which played way inexplicably deep. Our LBs had to respect the run fake and couldn't turn and run underneath the bracket. They isolated Johnson and Redwine in coverage consistently.

Now LSU doesn't have Hornebrook but the way we made every QB look good at the end of the year, I would be concerned. They don't have Wisconsin's O Line but they have more talented receivers, IMO. Giles the guy from Texas Tech is legit.

Last year Rosier's inaccuracy and the O line's mediocre play meant that we were a feast or famine offense. We struggled against some defenses that we should have scorched with our skill talent. It was big play or bust. Not methodical ball movement. That is what worries me against Aranda's disruptive defense. It's designed to force offenses into dink and dunk patience.

Last edited:
Their D's performance against Troy's OL.

While Devin White is quite instinctual, an OL can easily wash him out of a play. We need to find ways to get our interior OL to the second level.

Advertisement
Against back ups Lu.
Sorry bruh you played ball
BUT IS HE GOOD? let me go watch some film.
Listen, I hear all of it and I get it. I'm not hear to proclaim he can carry LSU. Simply giving my observation: he can throw an accurate ball in the short and intermediate game, it seems, and those QBs have hurt us. Hopefully, we rectify those vulnerabilities and our DL changes the dynamic of 3rd downs.

Listen, I hear all of it and I get it. I'm not hear to proclaim he can carry LSU. Simply giving my observation: he can throw an accurate ball in the short and intermediate game, it seems, and those QBs have hurt us. Hopefully, we rectify those vulnerabilities and our DL changes the dynamic of 3rd downs.

He isn't a complete schit qb. He's actually pretty decent if you watch him play.

While Devin White is quite instinctual, an OL can easily wash him out of a play. We need to find ways to get our interior OL to the second level.

Looks like Troy came out decisive, ran some motion, stretched out LSU on some jet sweeps and then banged it right at them with multiple formations (were often in spread looks). Didn't see anything they did that we can't duplicate, and based on what I've seen and heard from our own camp....... I hope LSU tries to match up with us when we go 4WR.

Looks like Troy came out decisive, ran some motion, stretched out LSU on some jet sweeps and then banged it right at them with multiple formations (were often in spread looks). Didn't see anything they did that we can't duplicate, and based on what I've seen and heard from our own camp....... I hope LSU tries to match up with us when we go 4WR.
LuCane, I live in Louisiana so I know a bit about LSU. Throw out the Miss St & Troy games to an extent, their DL was very banged up. Kind of like our game vs VT 2 yrs ago. Doesn’t excuse a Troy loss at home completely but something to take into account

Advertisement
He isn't a complete schit qb. He's actually pretty decent if you watch him play.

I am not understanding where people are getting all of this game footage. Even LSU fans on their site are saying the only footage out there is him in mop up duty in blowouts and OSU Spring game footage where it was a controlled environment. (no fancy blitzes, knows hes not gonna get hit, etc).

I still question why he would leave OSU if he had a confidence in his skills to win the job. The job should have been his for the taking. He was there for 3 years! I'm not buying the "he wanted a guarantee from Urban that he would be given the job" BS. He doesn't have a guarantee at LSU right now. Hes competing with 3 other guys.

Nobody said he was a **** QB (well, OSU fans are saying it from the ones I spoke to) but LSU is going to a 4 WR set offense..the question is can he run it with the skillset he has? We will see. And furthermore, this is all predicated on the fact that he actually wins the job.

Should be interesting either way. I'm starting to get excited the more I watch them on defense. I want to see us phsyically get after it. It's the second week of camp.

LuCane, I live in Louisiana so I know a bit about LSU. Throw out the Miss St & Troy games to an extent, their DL was very banged up. Kind of like our game vs VT 2 yrs ago. Doesn’t excuse a Troy loss at home completely but something to take into account

Lmao.

Yup gonna RL them. You have Ed Orgeron as coach...thats all i needed to know.

I am with you on that -2.5...Gotta bet big on that. The way I see it, if we don't beat them by a FG or more we aren't going to win anyway. I don't see this being a 1 or 2 pt win by us here although I would take it.

Advertisement
Didn't they just have another player arrested for driving get-away car in robbery of pawn shop?

Exactly I was Saying the same thing when I watched The film for this game

Advertisement
The Syracuse QB got thrown a curveball when we went Nickel and man. They had torn it up throwing the ball and we challenged the **** out of their offense. We basically hadn't shown it much up to that point. Also, I'm not comparing this QB directly to the Syracuse QB. Just that ability to scramble a bit. Think Craig Krenzel-ish.

Hope the LSU kid is thrown at least a few blitz and coverage packages we've never put on film. I'm not saying much about what he will do, but the videos do not back up the statements he is a wild thrower. Hope he is, though.

Now why did you have to bring his *** up? Gawd that game was painful to watch...******* Dorito...

I still question why he would leave OSU if he had a confidence in his skills to win the job. The job should have been his for the taking. He was there for 3 years! I'm not buying the "he wanted a guarantee from Urban that he would be given the job" BS. He doesn't have a guarantee at LSU right now. Hes competing with 3 other guys.

This is 100% the right take. I'm not saying he can't be competent to good, but everything else about the discussion of the situation is LSU fans framing it in optimism.

All else equal, why would he choose the CFB program known for not being able to generate competent QB play for the past decade over the program known for having every starting QB look like a Heisman candidate? Why would he leave one of the best offensive HCs in CFB for a DL coach masquerading as a HC on a short leash? Why would he choose a team that just fired their OC to go back to a retread who was serving as the TE coach (btw who has LSU produced at TE under him?)?

The answer is because he knew he was getting passed up at OSU and was looking for the easiest path to starting

Advertisement
Back