LSU 2018

Will be Richt's first true challenge to see if he can have his team focused after winning the 2017 national title.

I"m not worried about the team focus.

I'm worried about his stubborn, limited play calling.

It's almost as if you stopped watching the games at 4-4.

****, he actually opened it up more against ND, but the defense essentially spotted them 17 before they woke the fvck up (not to unfairly blame them considering they were the stronger side of the ball this year, but it's true).

It's almost like you didn't see any games at all.

Yeah, our offensive line had problems - Kaaya didn't have all day - so what do you do - if they stack eight in the box? How about some quick hits?

See the Super Bowl? The comeback? How they did it? The Patriots Oline was not getting it done - but they had a smart coach who didn't take four games to figure it out. Quick, short passes - and amazingly - the sacks and hurries were stopped.

Richt DOES know that by establishing the run, it opens up passing. But he sure as Hades took about eight games to figure out that passing will open up the runs.

No matter what a defense does - they're vulnerable to something.

And Richt hasn't shown me much to indicate he can quickly see what they're giving him.

Yes compare Richt to Bellichick, who has been coaching his team for the past 17 years and has had the same QB for 16 years. No it didn't take him 4 whole games to figure out what he needed to do with his team and his quarterback and his culture in a certain game. Amazing comparison. Top notch. Would read again.

No, you simple minded **** ****.

I used that as a very recent, very obvious example. One half defense was creating havoc in backfield - halftime adjustment - then second half - doing something quite simple to negate their powerful rush.

No one compared Richt to Bellichick - you're pulling stuff outta your sphincter.

As I recall you were also a big Golden sack massager till the end of that zero's employment here.

Advertisement

****, he actually opened it up more against ND, but the defense essentially spotted them 17 before they woke the fvck up (not to unfairly blame them considering they were the stronger side of the ball this year, but it's true).

Yeah, our offensive line had problems - Kaaya didn't have all day - so what do you do - if they stack eight in the box? How about some quick hits?

See the Super Bowl? The comeback? How they did it? The Patriots Oline was not getting it done - but they had a smart coach who didn't take four games to figure it out. Quick, short passes - and amazingly - the sacks and hurries were stopped.

Richt DOES know that by establishing the run, it opens up passing. But he sure as Hades took about eight games to figure out that passing will open up the runs.

And Richt hasn't shown me much to indicate he can quickly see what they're giving him.

Yes compare Richt to Bellichick, who has been coaching his team for the past 17 years and has had the same QB for 16 years. No it didn't take him 4 whole games to figure out what he needed to do with his team and his quarterback and his culture in a certain game. Amazing comparison. Top notch. Would read again.

I used that as a very recent, very obvious example. One half defense was creating havoc in backfield - halftime adjustment - then second half - doing something quite simple to negate their powerful rush.

No one compared Richt to Bellichick - you're pulling stuff outta your sphincter.

As I recall you were also a big Golden sack massager till the end of that zero's employment here.

Yoh are easily the biggest dumbass on this board and your memory is ****. I remember why i had you blocked for so long.

Yoh are easily the biggest dumbass on this board and your memory is ****. I remember why i had you blocked for so long.

Well don't stop now!

I clearly didn't disagree about the first eight except the ND game, so I'm not sure what your point is. Richt hadn't called plays in **** near eight years, and he adjusted to his personnel (putrid OL, namely) by passing to set up the run instead of vice versa. If you can't see that we made big improvements down the stretch, then you're just seeing what you want to see to drive the narrative.

Everyone was losing their **** during the losing streak and rightly so, but if you've noticed, mostly everyone but a handful of people have given Richt and the offense their props by now for improving. If he comes out next season shytting the bed again, I and most others will agree that he needs to bring on a dedicated OC before 2018, but until then, Richt has shown his competency in his willingness to adjust.

That's my point.

What makes him think he's up to calling plays? Our early schedule was easy - then when we got into the meat - he wasn't up to it.

So yeah, I'm not worried about our players being in the right frame of mind - I'm worried about our play calling and the early lack of adapting to what defenses were showing us.

Truthfully, it's very difficult to "adapt" to how bad our o-line was playing during that stretch. Your concerns are valid, but to be fair, I believe after the VT game we were top 5 in the country in dropped passes. I remember very vividly in the UNC game, particularly the first half, we had a few drives where we moved it to/past midfield rather easily, but then the drive would be killed due to a couple dropped passes and penalties. Not to mention Kaaya would get into these funks where he simply couldn't hid the broad side of a barn. Frankly, I think it's fair to say the entire offense was a clusterfvck at the time, and obviously the conservative, at-times stubborn playcalling wasn't helping.

Also, speaking of top competition, neither UNC nor ND had very good defenses at all. NC State had a better total defense on the season (as well as top 5 rush D when we played, not sure where they ended up) than both, so I would argue it was more about pure self-destruction as opposed to struggling against top competition. As I said, the improvement definitely came down the stretch. If we struggle mightily on offense next year, THEN I say it's time to clamor for a dedicated OC.

Advertisement
There are a lot teams that we need to pay back. LSU is one of them. Clemson is another (although i aint too mad about it since they got Golhden fired). FSU of course. UNC. And then Notre Dame. We could pay back all of these teams over the next two years.

Clemson gets a pass from me, they put us out of our misery.

There are a lot teams that we need to pay back. LSU is one of them. Clemson is another (although i aint too mad about it since they got Golhden fired). FSU of course. UNC. And then Notre Dame. We could pay back all of these teams over the next two years.

I will forever and always be indebted to Clemson for that drubbing they gave us! I live in Tampa and I personally thanked every Clemson fan I saw walking around town for finally setting our program free and ridding us of that cancer!

Advertisement
Back