LSU 2018

Advertisement
Look at the lines. If at least 1 or 2 of DTs stays for their senior year, we'll be monster at DL to go with the Bermuda Triangle. I think LSU's QB will be running scared, and no Fournette back there, though they always have exceptional RBs.

The offensive side of the ball is where we need some work. The vets will be St Louis, Gauthier, Brown, hopefully Milo can get there. Regardless, we'll be dependent on this 2017 class (Donaldson, et al) to hold the line against that LSU defense. Felder and Searels are going to have to earn their paychecks between now and then for true sophomores to last 4 quarters, much less manhandle them. We have the talent, but it's a race against the clock starting right now. Can Donaldson and team hold the line and create space for Homer, Burns and Lingard?

1st paragraph you nailed it and to piggy back it Guice might be the best running back in college and he will be gone too. The offense will be fine with all that speed on the outside. Homer is a different bread than what we've had and adding a 5 star with track speed doesnt hurt. The biggest question and I know its kinda important is QB, but when you have playmakers all around you it makes your life easier.

White bread? Multi-grain like Kayaa?

lulz

that 2019 game against the gators....
holy **** are we going to be absolutely loaded. good times ahead boys. lord knows weve earned it.

Advertisement
I still remember the peach bowl and the arrogance that comes from my LSU family. We need to beat them down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot teams that we need to pay back. LSU is one of them. Clemson is another (although i aint too mad about it since they got Golhden fired). FSU of course. UNC. And then Notre Dame. We could pay back all of these teams over the next two years.

payback aint the appropriate terminology here....we aint giving them b!tches ****.

we taking that a$$, raping them behind the woodshed. Hope we break the NCAA single game scoring record against each of these sons of b!tches.

Advertisement
Why wait until 2018? 2017 is the year we will make a statement!

Of coarse we want to win in 2017 and I think we can easily win the coastal but winning the ACC next year is possible it's not probable. However if we open 2018 with a win against LSU, I think we can make a National title run with all those guys who will have experience and the depth that we're bringing in that we haven't had in over a decade.

Advertisement
Will be Richt's first true challenge to see if he can have his team focused after winning the 2017 national title.

I"m not worried about the team focus.

I'm worried about his stubborn, limited play calling.

It's almost as if you stopped watching the games at 4-4.

****, he actually opened it up more against ND, but the defense essentially spotted them 17 before they woke the fvck up (not to unfairly blame them considering they were the stronger side of the ball this year, but it's true).

It's almost like you didn't see any games at all.

Yeah, our offensive line had problems - Kaaya didn't have all day - so what do you do - if they stack eight in the box? How about some quick hits?

See the Super Bowl? The comeback? How they did it? The Patriots Oline was not getting it done - but they had a smart coach who didn't take four games to figure it out. Quick, short passes - and amazingly - the sacks and hurries were stopped.

Richt DOES know that by establishing the run, it opens up passing. But he sure as Hades took about eight games to figure out that passing will open up the runs.

No matter what a defense does - they're vulnerable to something.

And Richt hasn't shown me much to indicate he can quickly see what they're giving him.

Advertisement
Will be Richt's first true challenge to see if he can have his team focused after winning the 2017 national title.

****, he actually opened it up more against ND, but the defense essentially spotted them 17 before they woke the fvck up (not to unfairly blame them considering they were the stronger side of the ball this year, but it's true).

Yeah, our offensive line had problems - Kaaya didn't have all day - so what do you do - if they stack eight in the box? How about some quick hits?

See the Super Bowl? The comeback? How they did it? The Patriots Oline was not getting it done - but they had a smart coach who didn't take four games to figure it out. Quick, short passes - and amazingly - the sacks and hurries were stopped.

Richt DOES know that by establishing the run, it opens up passing. But he sure as Hades took about eight games to figure out that passing will open up the runs.

And Richt hasn't shown me much to indicate he can quickly see what they're giving him.

I clearly didn't disagree about the first eight except the ND game, so I'm not sure what your point is. Richt hadn't called plays in **** near eight years, and he adjusted to his personnel (putrid OL, namely) by passing to set up the run instead of vice versa. If you can't see that we made big improvements down the stretch, then you're just seeing what you want to see to drive the narrative.

Everyone was losing their **** during the losing streak and rightly so, but if you've noticed, mostly everyone but a handful of people have given Richt and the offense their props by now for improving. If he comes out next season shytting the bed again, I and most others will agree that he needs to bring on a dedicated OC before 2018, but until then, Richt has shown his competency in his willingness to adjust.

Yes compare Richt to Bellichick, who has been coaching his team for the past 17 years and has had the same QB for 16 years. No it didn't take him 4 whole games to figure out what he needed to do with his team and his quarterback and his culture in a certain game. Amazing comparison. Top notch. Would read again.

I clearly didn't disagree about the first eight except the ND game, so I'm not sure what your point is. Richt hadn't called plays in **** near eight years, and he adjusted to his personnel (putrid OL, namely) by passing to set up the run instead of vice versa. If you can't see that we made big improvements down the stretch, then you're just seeing what you want to see to drive the narrative.

Everyone was losing their **** during the losing streak and rightly so, but if you've noticed, mostly everyone but a handful of people have given Richt and the offense their props by now for improving. If he comes out next season shytting the bed again, I and most others will agree that he needs to bring on a dedicated OC before 2018, but until then, Richt has shown his competency in his willingness to adjust.

That's my point.

What makes him think he's up to calling plays? Our early schedule was easy - then when we got into the meat - he wasn't up to it.

So yeah, I'm not worried about our players being in the right frame of mind - I'm worried about our play calling and the early lack of adapting to what defenses were showing us.

Advertisement
Back