Lowered Expectations

There is not a sole who posts here who will decide who coaches the Miami Hurricanes next year or any year...

Well there's a nugget of wisdom.

What do you think the purpose of having a football team is... good exercise? It's to entertain the fans. Fans pay the bills. The University of Miami football team is a product, and you and I are the paying customer.

You don't think they care what their customers think?

Advertisement
There is not a sole who posts here who will decide who coaches the Miami Hurricanes next year or any year...

What do you think the purpose of having a football team is... good exercise? It's to entertain the fans. Fans pay the bills. The University of Miami football team is a product, and you and I are the paying customer.

Fans don't pay much of the bills. Never have. Our attendance has always been crappy, and that's why we joined the ACC--to get the bulk of our finances out of the hands of the fans. The admin pays attention to big-money donors, sure...but we don't have very many of those, and I'm willing to bet you're not one of them.

Fans don't pay much of the bills. Never have. Our attendance has always been crappy, and that's why we joined the ACC--to get the bulk of our finances out of the hands of the fans. The admin pays attention to big-money donors, sure...but we don't have very many of those, and I'm willing to bet you're not one of them.

**** no, I'm not. I'm not in the habit of throwing my money away.

I don't donate to losers.

It's like I told the nice young man who called me to ask for a donation the other day.... WIN first, and then I'll donate.

It's like I told the nice young man who called me to ask for a donation the other day.... WIN first, and then I'll donate.

My guess is you didn't donate squat when we were winning, either.

Low expectations are insidious.

I'll tell you a story about Dennis Erickson. He came here from WSU, and his first year here he went 11-1 and won a NC. He felt like king of the world. He told the story about how after his second season when he lost 2 games he started hearing former players and boosters calling for him to be fired. He couldn't believe it, but he said that's when he knew just how rabid Miami fans were and how high the expectations were.

All the dipshyts on here are always bringing up the Champs to Chumps banner that fans flew for Davis. They act like the fans were unreasonable idiots then and that's what they are now for flying banners to fire Folden. Well, the fact is Davis wasn't meeting expectations as they stood back then. The fans were rightfully upset with him. He felt the heat, fired his long-time pal and DC Miller and got better.

Unfortunately, UM fans have been listening to excuses for so long that they buy in. They buy into the cloud. They buy into the fake **** about UM being poor and unable to hire good coaches. They buy all the **** that the failures have fed them. They're a beaten lot of losers, and there aren't many of the real hardcores left.

Thank God for the few hardcores who are left because they will keep putting the heat on until Folden is gone. You should be kissing the feet of those men from the WestEndzone, who spearhead the banners. These are the real UM men. These fruitcake fringe faygs you see on here and the sycophants who love Folden more than the program? They're nothing but Low T assh0les who watch games if it's convenient or if they're not with the wife picking apples or shopping for area rugs that weekend.

Crown this man

Advertisement
Franchise nailed it. These new UM "fans" make me sick.

A lot of these "fans" who constantly defend Golden also predict records like 8-4 or 9-3. Like that's ******* acceptable here?!? Like that's some type of accomplishment?

Last edited:

I was attending the University the last time we were winning. UM class of '03

Franchise nailed it. These new UM "fans" make me sick.

A lot of these "fans" who constantly defend Golden also predict records like 8-4 or 9-3. Like that's ****ing acceptable here?!? Like that's some type of accomplishment?

This new generation of UM kids are powder soft. It's like they drop estrogen in the Sbarros pizza nowadays.

- Ten years ago, 9 wins = fired at Miami. Today, 7 wins gets you a contract extension.

- Years ago, the fans expected national titles. Five years ago, the bar was to win the ACC. Today, the bar is set at winning the Coastal.

Years ago, we expected and demanded great things from our football program, and the admin listened.

Before they were at Miami:

Lou Saban - Head Coach, Buffalo Bills
Howard Schnellenberger - Head Coach, Baltimore Colts (prev. OC at Miami Dolphins, Super Bowl, undefeated season)
Jimmy Johnson - Head Coach, Oklahoma State (Big 12)
Dennis Erickson - Head Coach, Washington (PAC)
Butch Davis - Defensive Coordinator, Dallas Cowboys (Super Bowl Champ)

Since then? Lowered expectations.

Larry Coker - College assistant
Randy Shannon - College assistant
Al Golden - LOL

Low expectations are a DISEASE. Raise the bar again and don't put up with this "can't do" attitude from the admin. Give them an inch, any excuse to ignore football and be cheap, and they'll take a mile.

As a fan, I expect national championships, and I expect the University to spend whatever money it takes to hire a competent staff like they used to do. Don't tell me it can't be done or it isn't realistic. We've done it before.

loweredexpectations.jpg

AMEN!!!

Advertisement
Not to be "that guy" but OSU was in the Big Eight, and Erickson coached at Washington St, not Washington.

And not sure what point you're making with the other guys. Saban was out of a job, and Schnelly and Butch were coordinators.

Schnelly had the best resume of any coach we ever had. He had been NFL HC after OC for Miami's Perfect Team and came back the Fins before taking the Cane job. We are talking about dude who recruited and coached Joe Willie at Bama under The Bear. BOT ponied up big money for him.

Butch was the only guy who said yes. May that be true again.

So you didn't donate squat.

i lower my explications when I am really drunk... how do you think all the fat b_itches get laid in Miami?

So you didn't donate squat.

When I was 18? Nope sure didn't.

Weird, huh.

Advertisement
Bottom line....7 LOSSES in your FOURTH full year as head coach at the University of Miami is no longer considered a fire-able offense.

That about sums up the state of the program and the apathetic ******** currently making the decisions on its behalf.

Not to be "that guy" but OSU was in the Big Eight, and Erickson coached at Washington St, not Washington.

And not sure what point you're making with the other guys. Saban was out of a job, and Schnelly and Butch were coordinators.

Schnelly had the best resume of any coach we ever had. He had been NFL HC after OC for Miami's Perfect Team and came back the Fins before taking the Cane job. We are talking about dude who recruited and coached Joe Willie at Bama under The Bear. BOT ponied up big money for him.

Seems like a lot of people are trying to whitewash our history. You don't hire a guy like Howard Schnellenberger if you aren't serious about winning. People want to act like he was some bum off the street.

The guy coached under Bear Bryant for christs sake. Under Don Shula during the perfect season. He was an NFL head coach.

Miami would never pay out to hire a guy like that today.

They wanna act like we've always shunned the football program.... probably because that's what the admin and BOT want you to believe.

Franchise spoke the truth and posted the greatest thing ever written on this site.

OP on the other hand is a ****** that wants Lane Kiffin or Mark Richt as the next head coach. Talks about low expectations and then aims for bottom of the barrel trash for a coach. **** outta here

Advertisement

I'll tell you a story about Dennis Erickson. He came here from WSU, and his first year here he went 11-1 and won a NC. He felt like king of the world. He told the story about how after his second season when he lost 2 games he started hearing former players and boosters calling for him to be fired. He couldn't believe it, but he said that's when he knew just how rabid Miami fans were and how high the expectations were.

All the dipshyts on here are always bringing up the Champs to Chumps banner that fans flew for Davis. They act like the fans were unreasonable idiots then and that's what they are now for flying banners to fire Folden. Well, the fact is Davis wasn't meeting expectations as they stood back then. The fans were rightfully upset with him. He felt the heat, fired his long-time pal and DC Miller and got better.

Unfortunately, UM fans have been listening to excuses for so long that they buy in. They buy into the cloud. They buy into the fake **** about UM being poor and unable to hire good coaches. They buy all the **** that the failures have fed them. They're a beaten lot of losers, and there aren't many of the real hardcores left.

Thank God for the few hardcores who are left because they will keep putting the heat on until Folden is gone. You should be kissing the feet of those men from the WestEndzone, who spearhead the banners. These are the real UM men. These fruitcake fringe faygs you see on here and the sycophants who love Folden more than the program? They're nothing but Low T assh0les who watch games if it's convenient or if they're not with the wife picking apples or shopping for area rugs that weekend.
Somebody loves Golden? Who?

Firing Day is 82 away.

This single game is often cited as our resurrection. Edgerin James was good for 299 yards.
We lost to McNabb's Syracuse 13-66, the previous week.

We had tickets to the original scheduled date, but Hurricane George did it in.

[video=youtube;KQHIPVIN5OI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQHIPVIN5OI[/video]

Seems like a lot of people are trying to whitewash our history. You don't hire a guy like Howard Schnellenberger if you aren't serious about winning. People want to act like he was some bum off the street.

The guy coached under Bear Bryant for christs sake. Under Don Shula during the perfect season. He was an NFL head coach.

Miami would never pay out to hire a guy like that today.

They wanna act like we've always shunned the football program.... probably because that's what the admin and BOT want you to believe.

Standford was a Southerner and caring about football seems to comes with that. The demise started with Foote who was embarrassed by the team but still wanted the $$$ it brought in. He was the classic left winger we have become accustomed to at THE U. He should have been fired for the ncaa scandal while Dennis was here-- the Pell Grant dell really was the fault of the administration. The fact that football players got extra money too brought the heat but the fraud was administrative. Donna got us into ACC and was freed from needing to win to get the $$$, so the death began in earnest.

Bravo, I'd rep you if I could

Advertisement
Back