Lowered Expectations

There is not a sole who posts here who will decide who coaches the Miami Hurricanes next year or any year...

Well there's a nugget of wisdom.

What do you think the purpose of having a football team is... good exercise? It's to entertain the fans. Fans pay the bills. The University of Miami football team is a product, and you and I are the paying customer.

You don't think they care what their customers think?

Fans don't pay much of the bills. Never have. Our attendance has always been crappy, and that's why we joined the ACC--to get the bulk of our finances out of the hands of the fans. The admin pays attention to big-money donors, sure...but we don't have very many of those, and I'm willing to bet you're not one of them.

CaneinHeels,

As you are always the first one to pull the "how much did/do you donate" card, how much did/do you donate to UM? I'll hang up and listen.

Advertisement
There is not a sole who posts here who will decide who coaches the Miami Hurricanes next year or any year...

Well there's a nugget of wisdom.

What do you think the purpose of having a football team is... good exercise? It's to entertain the fans. Fans pay the bills. The University of Miami football team is a product, and you and I are the paying customer.

You don't think they care what their customers think?

Fans don't pay much of the bills. Never have. Our attendance has always been crappy, and that's why we joined the ACC--to get the bulk of our finances out of the hands of the fans. The admin pays attention to big-money donors, sure...but we don't have very many of those, and I'm willing to bet you're not one of them.

CaneinHeels,

As you are always the first one to pull the "how much did/do you donate" card, how much did/do you donate to UM? I'll hang up and listen.

Tampon Wingz,

Not much...a few hundred a year. But then, I also don't complain about the University needing to fork over more money from its endowment to pay for the football team. I recognize that the pool of donations and fan support at UM is pitifully small in comparison to many other big-time programs, and as a result, UM's hands are tied in many ways. We celebrate a million dollar gift here or there, while other schools rake in 15 or 20 mil gifts, or have 20X more alumni to get money from, or get guys like T Boone Pickens or the Papa John's pizza guy or the Nike guy at Oregon to fork over a crap-ton of money.

Last edited:
Low expectations are insidious.

I'll tell you a story about Dennis Erickson. He came here from WSU, and his first year here he went 11-1 and won a NC. He felt like king of the world. He told the story about how after his second season when he lost 2 games he started hearing former players and boosters calling for him to be fired. He couldn't believe it, but he said that's when he knew just how rabid Miami fans were and how high the expectations were.

All the dipshyts on here are always bringing up the Champs to Chumps banner that fans flew for Davis. They act like the fans were unreasonable idiots then and that's what they are now for flying banners to fire Folden. Well, the fact is Davis wasn't meeting expectations as they stood back then. The fans were rightfully upset with him. He felt the heat, fired his long-time pal and DC Miller and got better.

Unfortunately, UM fans have been listening to excuses for so long that they buy in. They buy into the cloud. They buy into the fake **** about UM being poor and unable to hire good coaches. They buy all the **** that the failures have fed them. They're a beaten lot of losers, and there aren't many of the real hardcores left.

Thank God for the few hardcores who are left because they will keep putting the heat on until Folden is gone. You should be kissing the feet of those men from the WestEndzone, who spearhead the banners. These are the real UM men. These fruitcake fringe faygs you see on here and the sycophants who love Folden more than the program? They're nothing but Low T assh0les who watch games if it's convenient or if they're not with the wife picking apples or shopping for area rugs that weekend.
Somebody loves Golden? Who?
Any **** for brains Low T loser who isn't rabidly and constantly screaming from the rooftops that Folden should be fired. That's who.

Either you're fighting for his ouster or you accept him as HC. There's no in between. If you accept him without a constant fight then you're guilty.

Advertisement
Back