Loving the Mario Press Conference but how long before Jake hits the portal?

Advertisement
Why would Jake leave? TVD had an insane stat line playing half a season. If he does what he should next year, he’s gone to the draft and Garcia takes over as a well seasoned RS Soph.

I realize TVD may have a year left.

Many people thought Jake looked as good or better in the spring. I don't claim to know Jake's mindset and I would love to have him be the understudy and roll right in when Tyler leaves but this generation is not known for their patience when it comes to the portal.

Im not saying they shouldn't build an offense around Tyler, he has been great, I'm just not sure that was the best messaging.

I realize this wont be a popular thread but Oh well.

For the record I could not be happier with the Mario hire.
When Mario lands some 5star recruit QB's anything can happen.

Why would Jake leave? TVD had an insane stat line playing half a season. If he does what he should next year, he’s gone to the draft and Garcia takes over as a well seasoned RS Soph.
Stop saying TVD is leaving early. He hasn't said a word about doing so.

Advertisement
Stop saying TVD is leaving early. He hasn't said a word about doing so.
He has 3,000 yds this year and an insane TD-Int Ratio in barley half a season.

If he does that again next year (he will with a full season) he’s a first round pick. He’d be gone.

Makes no sense for Jake to leave. Newsflash folks, TVD will be here for the 2022 season then he's GONE. That means Jake only needs to wait ONE year and can redshirt to further stagger.

So Tyler balls out and could be gone, Garcia needs to stick around for at least one more season.
Anyone can go down in a instant. Nothing is a given to last a whole season. Jake is the second string QB and just an injury away from hittin the field. With our OL Jake will see the field next year.

Advertisement
I said it once and I'll say it again... I highly doubt Jake leaves Miami. Yes, TVD stepped up in a major way this year. He proved himself to be the goods and most definitely deserves to be the starter going into next year. But in my opinion, I honestly think Jake is better than TVD, if only slightly. Jake is a year or two younger and in the spring game he made more throws and looked to have more swag on the field. The young WRs love Jakes moxy his personality is infectious. For him to leave UM with all the investment that is coming his way that would be, in a word, shortsighted. Mario is going to preach Iron sharpens Iron. Tip of the spear. I'd wager TVD, Jake and Jacurri will buy into that narrative.

Jake staying sets up perfectly for Miami.

2022 - TVD continues to blow up and leaves for the NFL after the season.
2023 - Jake takes over and blows up and leaves for the NFL as a one and done.
2024 - Brown takes over after 2-3 years of development and blows up as a RS-SO.

Advertisement
Back