Loved what I Saw, but I have Only One Gripe

its risky but I like it, the entitlement and lazy culture that was built here is being cleansed out.. It was clear that the staff was sending a message by doing this, the country club is officially closed, and no-one here has earned the right to sit and watch

Advertisement
First, some facts:

1. The score was 70-3 at the end of the 3rd Quarter. The game was a blow out. On the 11 offensive plays we ran in the 4th Quarter, 10 were runs. In fact, of the last 20 plays we ran, 80% were running plays.

2. There was another scholarship option. His name is Ryan Fines.

3. Other walk-ons played.

And if we replace all the guys with walk-ons (for why stop at def. tackle? can we any better afford injuries at DE or LB or CB?) and FAMU scores a touchdown or two, then what?

Nothing, the game was over. See point #1 . The game was a blowout and if they score a TD or 2, we still have a 53 point lead.

Then people would be complaining that we let up, that we're not developing the killer instinct that we've been missing for a while and that we need to win impressively for pollsters.

This is fine (the killer instinct), I think that is a fair point.

The pollsters aren't shooting loads over a 63 point win against a 1-10 team (last year). It is a cupcake.

Bottom line is that backups want to get as much playing time as possible. I'm sure Jenkins wanted to be out there, felt like he deserved to be playing rather than benched for some 3rd teamer or walk-on.

Fair point, my question is it worth the risk?

its risky but I like it, the entitlement and lazy culture that was built here is being cleansed out.. It was clear that the staff was sending a message by doing this, the country club is officially closed, and no-one here has earned the right to sit and watch

That is a fair point.

Not encouraged with Badgley missing a 33 yd no pressure field goal. Maybe he was tired from 2 PATs and 3 kick offs in 13 minutes?

It was nice to see kick offs go into the end zone and not out of bounds.

Advertisement
Not encouraged with Badgley missing a 33 yd no pressure field goal. Maybe he was tired from 2 PATs and 3 kick offs in 13 minutes?

It was nice to see kick offs go into the end zone and not out of bounds.

IDK man. I wouldn't think that 2 kicks and 3 kickoffs would get a guy who's been practicing this all the time tired. I think he just **** the bed there. Hope he learns from it.

Ryan Fines was available and played a lot, I even noticed him (surprisingly) playing in the 1st quarter.

Jenkin's injury is no ones fault.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back