Love The Miami Vibe

UknowWhat

Senior
Wife and I made a quick road trip to Miami to see Shaq yesterday. Love being in Miami... My wife notice KOD for the first time as we passed and was like oooooh that's the place everybody is always talking about... I replied what place? Picked Shaq up from his place and had lunch with a good friend (also a poster on CIS) and his wife at the Villagio at Merrick Park. While having lunch Shaq told us the story on how he and Pinkney plotted from day 1 to be starters. How they would stay up late at night studying and quizzing each other on the play book. They knew they were on a level playing field because it was a brand new defense for everyone. How in the first day of contact at THUD Tempo, they decieded to go FULL Contact anyways. He went on to say on the first play of the scrimmage Pinkney bombs Gus and the next play He bombs Yearby, forces a fumble and Pinkney scoops and score. By the end of practice on Day 2 they went from running with the 3s to rolling with the 1s. After lunch we went by the Hecht to see the progress on the IPF... Thing looks like it should be ready before the start of the season. Shaq told us that he met TC and his family while he was in the Training Room.. he said they seemed pretty excited, but so were we, everywhere we visited. He did say Chat wasn't AS excited. He didn't go out with them on Friday night... but Pinkney told him it was a really good time and he needed to be ready for Saturday night. Talk with Pat Bethel while at he Shaq and Zach's apartment he is mature beyond his age and I swear every time I see him he has gotten bigger and slimmer at the same time if that is possible. Pat is the sleeper on our Defense. As we were leaving, Shaq was getting ready to hit the streets with the Recruits I reminded him no SnapChats or Instagram... treat the night like Vegas. Trip home was pretty quiet because I was telling my wife I felt that we would go 4 for 4 with AH4 and she replied I don't think we will get any of them ... Didn't have anything nice to say after that... so I said nothing at all. Our trips to Miami are always a good time.

Advertisement
P.S. I was asking Shaq about the Quarterbacks... who would step up ... he don't want to come out and say it but I thinks he feels Cade. He tells me how Cade would torch them often as the Scout QB. He said its been times where they would have to throttle him down like they would do Willis on defense. Just said he needs to chill a bit off field.

Great story on the quiet ride home. Great news on Cade. Competition will make every position better.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
My parents and I would often go to Villagio when they’d visit also. I’ve heard the same things about Cade. He’s the best athlete out of all the QBs and has a lot of raw talent. I got to know him some last spring, he likes to enjoy himself but he’s a nice kid. I think his suspension at the end of the year will be a wake up call for him and lead to an increased focus.

Advertisement
My parents and I would often go to Villagio when they’d visit also. I’ve heard the same things about Cade. He’s the best athlete out of all the QBs and has a lot of raw talent. I got to know him some last spring, he likes to enjoy himself but he’s a nice kid. I think his suspension at the end of the year will be a wake up call for him and lead to an increased focus.

We got to stay in touch !

I really liked Cade's HS tape when he came in. Some of the reads/throws he made were legit. I remembered the conversations on here were split between him and Perry.....so it's really not surprising to hear comments like this. It should be a nice competition moving forward. That said, if he doesn't clean up his act off the field, he will never step foot on it as the starting QB here. Hopefully the suspension did wake him up.

Wife and I made a quick road trip to Miami to see Shaq yesterday. Love being in Miami... My wife notice KOD for the first time as we passed and was like oooooh that's the place everybody is always talking about... I replied what place? Picked Shaq up from his place and had lunch with a good friend (also a poster on CIS) and his wife at the Villagio at Merrick Park. While having lunch Shaq told us the story on how he and Pinkney plotted from day 1 to be starters. How they would stay up late at night studying and quizzing each other on the play book. They knew they were on a level playing field because it was a brand new defense for everyone. How in the first day of contact at THUD Tempo, they decieded to go FULL Contact anyways. He went on to say on the first play of the scrimmage Pinkney bombs Gus and the next play He bombs Yearby, forces a fumble and Pinkney scoops and score. By the end of practice on Day 2 they went from running with the 3s to rolling with the 1s. After lunch we went by the Hecht to see the progress on the IPF... Thing looks like it should be ready before the start of the season. Shaq told us that he met TC and his family while he was in the Training Room.. he said they seemed pretty excited, but so were we, everywhere we visited. He did say Chat wasn't AS excited. He didn't go out with them on Friday night... but Pinkney told him it was a really good time and he needed to be ready for Saturday night. Talk with Pat Bethel while at he Shaq and Zach's apartment he is mature beyond his age and I swear every time I see him he has gotten bigger and slimmer at the same time if that is possible. Pat is the sleeper on our Defense. As we were leaving, Shaq was getting ready to hit the streets with the Recruits I reminded him no SnapChats or Instagram... treat the night like Vegas. Trip home was pretty quiet because I was telling my wife I felt that we would go 4 for 4 with AH4 and she replied I don't think we will get any of them ... Didn't have anything nice to say after that... so I said nothing at all. Our trips to Miami are always a good time.

My dad tried teaching me early on that the key to a happy marriage is acknowledging the wife is always right (he said it's just easier that way, lol). In this instance, i hope your wife is completely wrong!

Appreciate the stories Papa Shaq. We love the insights you are able to share.

Advertisement

I really liked Cade's HS tape when he came in. Some of the reads/throws he made were legit. I remembered the conversations on here were split between him and Perry.....so it's really not surprising to hear comments like this. It should be a nice competition moving forward. That said, if he doesn't clean up his act off the field, he will never step foot on it as the starting QB here. Hopefully the suspension did wake him up.

Competition brings the best out of everyone and I think this spring will be a tough battle. I know N’Kosi is many people’s favorite but I don’t think anyone is a shoo-in.

Yessir of course

Advertisement
How do you feel about tyson and Surtain?

My opinion and $11.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, but here goes anyways: After three years of recruitment, the letter filling the mail box every day, going here and there... it wears you out. At the end of the recruiting process you are tired and want it to be over. Clemson, Ohio State and Michigan State really pushed at the end to get Shaq to visit.... We were done ... played with the thought of going but Shaq's mind was made so why bother, was our position. With that said I don't think they would have come if they were not interested. Granted they are right around the corner but so was UF for us (but Shaq burned that bridge going to Friday Night Light dawned in the latest Hurricane outfit) I think we land Nesta, TC, and PS2 not sure about Chat.

Yessir of course

Reminds me... the packet for you is on the back seat of my car... I will get it out this week.

How do you feel about tyson and Surtain?

My opinion and $11.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks, but here goes anyways: After three years of recruitment, the letter filling the mail box every day, going here and there... it wears you out. At the end of the recruiting process you are tired and want it to be over. Clemson, Ohio State and Michigan State really pushed at the end to get Shaq to visit.... We were done ... played with the thought of going but Shaq's mind was made so why bother, was our position. With that said I don't think they would have come if they were not interested. Granted they are right around the corner but so was UF for us (but Shaq burned that bridge going to Friday Night Light dawned in the latest Hurricane outfit) I think we land Nesta, TC, and PS2 not sure about Chat.

I’ll TAKE IT!!!!!!! [emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817] Hope to see this to fruition on Wednesday

Advertisement
Back