Love Artie Burns but he should come back

Considering his situation, I actually think he should go. CB are always a hot commodity on draft day.

Combine will only boost his status IMO. High character kid. Should be a lock for top 2-3 rounds.

Advertisement
He needs to bolt and never look back. He'll be fine on the next level. He's had to endure yrs of the lack of a coaching staff and our front runner fan base...

Or go to a NFL team and let them work on your craft while getting paid. If he's a stud he will outplay his rookie contract anyway and make a pile of money.

Advertisement
...and perfect his game next year. His speed has been blown way out of proportion on this board. Did you see him after his pick and in chase mode on that kick return TD? He was lumbering and laboring. Not the first time he's looked very slow footed to me.

Come back, drop a little weight, work with the track team, perfect your game hopefully under a professional staff.

Depends on how bad he needs $.

Burns is gone mane.

I will say, I know he had a good track time but I've never seen him look fast on the field. I think he'll be a low 4.5 at the combine but that's fine with his size/length.

Advertisement
Agreed. The fact that anyone thinks he's even remotely draftable is comical. There are a million physical freaks who pass the eye test at other colleges that have twice the production. On that last TD run he got manhandled by the TE. Come back under a real DC and make yourself some money. Otherwise he'll be back in NJ looking for a 9-5 w/o a degree.

How much playing time could Artie get his first year in the NFL as a CB? I don't think any... If so, that's no worthy of a 1 or 2nd round pick.

Burns is gone mane.

I will say, I know he had a good track time but I've never seen him look fast on the field. I think he'll be a low 4.5 at the combine but that's fine with his size/length.

And will be ten times better in the NFL than he was here. Kid hasn't had a legit coach in his life.

Advertisement
Nobody thinks AQM is ready to go. We're only talking about it because we have had many players who left when they werent ready. AQM could possibly make that mistake e.g tommy streeter

Nobody thinks AQM is ready to go. We're only talking about it because we have had many players who left when they werent ready. AQM could possibly make that mistake e.g tommy streeter

I beg to differ. Some on this board do seem to think he's ready to go. If not, then why aren't we talking about other players that are eligible to leave (dobard, carter, Gus, Jenkins, etc)?

Burns is gone...and will beast out with the proper coaching. Solid second round pick. Next year could put him in the first round but he might have to look out for his brothers.

Advertisement

I beg to differ. Some on this board do seem to think he's ready to go. If not, then why aren't we talking about other players that are eligible to leave (dobard, carter, Gus, Jenkins, etc)?
Exactly!!

Agree, but I think he's gone, and I can't blame him.

AQM and Coley would be crazy to leave early, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Hire a big-time coach, and they might stay. Good coaching will improve their draft status. One problem is that AQM might need the money now since he has a kid.

It hard not to speculate about Burns and Elder leaving when NFL scouts and writers rave about their abilities.

Agree, but I think he's gone, and I can't blame him.

AQM and Coley would be crazy to leave early, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Hire a big-time coach, and they might stay. Good coaching will improve their draft status. One problem is that AQM might need the money now since he has a kid.

I don't know there is usually attrition when a new staff comes in. Once agents get in these kids ears and tell them about the money, they're gone.

Advertisement
Back