Louisville

LOL, you tried to say that Miami would win because it was after five innings. There is no level of baseball in which a game is final when the visiting team takes the lead and the home team doesn't get to bat.

I gave the **** rule... And you'd have to be a fool to think Miami wins with L'ville still batting in the bottom of the 6th without completing the inning..

Advertisement
For y’all thinking a 7 inning game is possible, I don’t believe the ACC has a rule on that but from my understanding the two teams would have to have a double header for it to be set like that

You show me where it says the home team has to bat in a rain situation. Here's the rules:

Halted games on Saturday should be completed Sunday (9 innings) followed by a 9 inning game. If interrupted or rained out on Friday AND
Saturday games will be played under the NCAA halted game rule (Rule 58), unless the halted game exceeds the conference policy of no more than two games on Sunday.

In that case:
1. In the halted game, if one team is ahead after five (5) * innings (NCAA Rule 5-7 Regulation Game), the game shall
be a complete game and a winner declared. Two seven (7) inning games shall be played on Sunday.
* 4 1/2 innings if the home team is leading.
2. In the halted game, if less than five (5) innings have been completed, the first game Sunday would be a completion of
the halted games and would be a nine (9) inning game as originally scheduled. The second game Sunday would be a
nine (9) inning contest. The third game would be canceled and deemed a rainout.
3. In the halted game, if more than five (5) innings have been played, but the score is tied, the contest will be ruled a tie
and go on each team's record as such. Two seven (7) inning games shall be played on Sunday.
4. In halted games, umpires are responsible for determining if games will be played on next day (not the host
institutio
The key ? is who decides if can start game? In MLB, the home club has complete say (ok, Natl TV muscles in) BEFORE a game starts, AFTER, the Ump Crew Chief makes call.

If Louisville in charge, I think...well @pcitycane said it straight. If Umps, well how did dinner go? and then see what pcitycane said.

Looking at the forecast objectively, they shouldn't be playing any baseball in Louisville today. Hope they can get in the half inning.

Advertisement
The key ? is who decides if can start game? In MLB, the home club has complete say (ok, Natl TV muscles in) BEFORE a game starts, AFTER, the Ump Crew Chief makes call.

If Louisville in charge, I think...well @pcitycane said it straight. If Umps, well how did dinner go? and then see what pcitycane said.
It's up to the umpires in NCAA Baseball. Home team has no say.

Was just texted this,

Gonna try and finish the game today at noon....
Weather is pretty bad...
If we can’t finish, they win, 3-1, which was the score at the end of the 5th...
And that sucks!!

They are the home team and entitled to bat in the bottom of the 6th, which is where we are when the game was stopped....

Was just texted this,

Gonna try and finish the game today at noon....
Weather is pretty bad...
If we can’t finish, they win, 3-1, which was the score at the end of the 5th...
And that sucks!!

They are the home team and entitled to bat in the bottom of the 6th, which is where we are when the game was stopped....

That would be some bull**** for Miami...so I'm confident that will end up being the case.:cautious:

Advertisement

.Short Term...(Today and tonight)
Issued at 340 AM EDT Sat Apr 20 2019

Moderate to at times heavy rain continues over portions of southwest
Ohio through southern Indiana into west central Kentucky in the
deformation band of a low pressure system passing just to our east.
The latest high-res models suggest these steady moderate to at times
heavy rains should continue through about 5-7am before tapering to
light rain. Radar rainfall estimates early this morning indicate 1-
2.5+ of rain has fallen along an axis from roughly
Ohio/Hancock/Perry to Floyd/Clark counties. No flooding reports in
the worst of these areas so far, but night time flooding can be
difficult to pin down. Have issued Flood Advys and Flood Warnings
along this axis largely based on radar rainfall estimates and precip
observations nearby in conjunction with 3-6 hr FFG. Use caution if
you happen to be out driving in the heavier rains early this morning
especially before sunrise when flood waters are more difficult to
spot.

In addition to the rainfall, the NAM and HREF still indicate the
possibility of a brief mix of rain/snow along the I-65 corridor
around sunrise. Still not convinced this will happen based on other
guidance but will continue to monitor AMDAR soundings and dual
pol parameters for potential p-type change overs.

By mid morning expect light rain across the area with precipitation
slowly becoming less in coverage throughout the day as moisture
thins. There may even be a period of light drizzle this
afternoon/evening before precipitation exits all together from west
to east. Expect high temperatures to range through the 40s today
over much of the area. Portions of west central KY that see late
afternoon clouds clearing may reach the low 50s for highs.

You show me where it says the home team has to bat in a rain situation. Here's the rules:

Halted games on Saturday should be completed Sunday (9 innings) followed by a 9 inning game. If interrupted or rained out on Friday AND
Saturday games will be played under the NCAA halted game rule (Rule 58), unless the halted game exceeds the conference policy of no more than two games on Sunday.

In that case:
1. In the halted game, if one team is ahead after five (5) * innings (NCAA Rule 5-7 Regulation Game), the game shall
be a complete game and a winner declared. Two seven (7) inning games shall be played on Sunday.
* 4 1/2 innings if the home team is leading.
2. In the halted game, if less than five (5) innings have been completed, the first game Sunday would be a completion of
the halted games and would be a nine (9) inning game as originally scheduled. The second game Sunday would be a
nine (9) inning contest. The third game would be canceled and deemed a rainout.
3. In the halted game, if more than five (5) innings have been played, but the score is tied, the contest will be ruled a tie
and go on each team's record as such. Two seven (7) inning games shall be played on Sunday.
4. In halted games, umpires are responsible for determining if games will be played on next day (not the host
institutio

My man, everyone but you seems to understand that there has to be an equal number of at bat opportunities. There is literally no scenario in which we win this game if Louisville doesn’t complete the 6th inning.

Advertisement
Does this cycle get repeated every half inning, or is finishing the 6th some kind of stop gap?

Does this cycle get repeated every half inning, or is finishing the 6th some kind of stop gap?

The 6th is only relevant this time because that’s when the lead changed. So the 6th has to be completed. If we have and keep the lead after the 6th, the game would be complete no matter when it rains.

Every inning the cycle repeats. So lets just say we get out of the 6th 10-3. Then score 4 runs in the top 7th but Louisville doesn't finish their AB's in the 7th and they call the game the final score would be 10-3.

Advertisement
Doesn’t look great right now, but hopefully they can find an hour window at some point this afternoon.

Is that snow?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190420-100125_The Weather Channel.jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-100125_The Weather Channel.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Advertisement
Back