Lorenzo Lingard

homer seems to have that homerun hitting ability but it remains to be seen if he can play between the tackles and run for consistent gains and can hold up in pass protection.

Advertisement
Homer is going to have a breakout year. The following year him and The Gawd share carries with Cam getting some in there as well

Lingard is uber talented, but don't sleep on Homer. He will have been in his 3rd year in a College training schedule working with and against NFL talent all over the field. If he plays to his abilities, knows his blocking assignments & holds on to the football Homer may play a much larger role of the 18 team than many are thinking.

I just haven't seen the vision with Homer. Love what he did on special teams last year and he's clearly fast, but does he have the vision.

Based off what exactly? Spring scrimmage lol okay

Homer is going to have a breakout year. The following year him and The Gawd share carries with Cam getting some in there as well

I hope so, Lingard is just a different back IMO. I feel like it will be similar to the Mike James-Duke Johnson situation where Mike was the starter and then Duke took over and got a lot of the snaps.

Lingard is uber talented, but don't sleep on Homer. He will have been in his 3rd year in a College training schedule working with and against NFL talent all over the field. If he plays to his abilities, knows his blocking assignments & holds on to the football Homer may play a much larger role of the 18 team than many are thinking.

Too many people sleeping on Homer. Their in for a big surprise.

Advertisement

I just haven't seen the vision with Homer. Love what he did on special teams last year and he's clearly fast, but does he have the vision.

Yeah because he got so many carries last year. Oh wait........

Go back and watch the highlights, Lingard is on a different level.

I didn't compare him to Lingard. You said "I just haven't seen the vision with Homer". Maybe that's because you haven't actually seen Homer yet except a couple garbage time runs and a spring game that means squat. There's a reason Saban was after Homer so hard. Kid has elite speed and the tools to be better than anyone since Duke. he's better than Walton and fans will get a taste of his skills this year.

Advertisement

I didn't compare him to Lingard. You said "I just haven't seen the vision with Homer". Maybe that's because you haven't actually seen Homer yet except a couple garbage time runs and a spring game that means squat. There's a reason Saban was after Homer so hard. Kid has elite speed and the tools to be better than anyone since Duke. he's better than Walton and fans will get a taste of his skills this year.

How do you possibly go to "you haven't actually seen Homer" to "better than Walton" all in one paragraph.....lol.

This fan base is always about the next best thing. First Walton wasn't better then Scarlett and Williams. Now homer has no business competing with Lingard. Just wait a few more months and will know is Homer has it. He's only been in the system for a year. Patience

Too many people sleeping on Homer. Their in for a big surprise.

Hands down the most underrated player on the team. Complete stud. I think hes going to explode this year.

Advertisement
This fan base is always about the next best thing. First Walton wasn't better then Scarlett and Williams. Now homer has no business competing with Lingard. Just wait a few more months and will know is Homer has it. He's only been in the system for a year. Patience

Never said Homer doesn't have any business competing with Lingard, simply stating thre is an obvious difference in talent level between the 2. Watch Lingard in the highlights I provided and he's hitting the hole and then has the ability to take it the distance because he has the vision to see the openings.

Went back and watched Homer's hudl, and agree that I'm off about him not having vision, seems I was grasping at straws for reasons why he didn't get more of a look last year. Here is his film. I will still say Lingards film is a step above Homer.

Travis Homer - Hudl

I think he didn't get touches because he couldn't protect the ball, at least that's what I understood from something Richt had said in one of the interviews, when he was asked about the RB depth.

How do you possibly go to "you haven't actually seen Homer" to "better than Walton" all in one paragraph.....lol.

Yes it was a pretty dumb comment on my part. What I should have said is I think his potential is higher than Walton considering he's stronger and faster. But at this time he's NOT better than Walton.

Advertisement

Homer aint on lingard level.

You are very possibly right from a talent and rushing productivity standpoint. To be an every down back I would guess Lingard has a lot of learning to do. Has he ever been asked to pass protect, or hold on to the ball with 22 yr old grown men ripping at it? Those are every bit as important as what he does with the ball in his hands. If he can't block we become 1 dimensional when he enters the game & he'll be getting 1st or 2nd down carries vs a 9 man box.

E

I don't understand...you say Homer lacks vision for the running back position based on his special teams play? Not sure how that assessment can be made, especially since he was pretty **** stellar on ST.

How does special teams play and vision at RB equate?

Sarcasm my friend.

Football Recruiting and Basketball Recruiting, Rankings, and News at PrepForce.com

Looking at these highlights and one thing that stands out is that a majority of his runs are between the tackles. Kid is following the hole and not bouncing everything outside like a lot of young backs do, especially with the speed that he has. Kid has some great feet and acceleration as well.

I can see this kid starting as a true freshman with Walton likely leaving for the NFL after the season.

I'd be amazed if anyone else on the roster gets the majority of the snaps in 18

As stoked as I am about getting LL on campus, and as much as I think he is destined to be an All-American, everytime I see Cam Davis highlights I'm equally impressed. Just blessed to have both these kids. When these two sign, we are going to be impossible to stop on the ground.

Football Recruiting and Basketball Recruiting, Rankings, and News at PrepForce.com

Looking at these highlights and one thing that stands out is that a majority of his runs are between the tackles. Kid is following the hole and not bouncing everything outside like a lot of young backs do, especially with the speed that he has. Kid has some great feet and acceleration as well.

I can see this kid starting as a true freshman with Walton likely leaving for the NFL after the season.

I'd be amazed if anyone else on the roster gets the majority of the snaps in 18

As stoked as I am about getting LL on campus, and as much as I think he is destined to be an All-American, everytime I see Cam Davis highlights I'm equally impressed. Just blessed to have both these kids. When these two sign, we are going to be impossible to stop on the ground.

My bad didn't mean to dv. I agree Cam is a beast too but watching that film I see Todd gurley's clone

Advertisement
Back