Lorenzo Lingard now a 3 star - Gaytor Math

Advertisement
He's in all likelihood a dented can. Surely, he can be serviceable...but once that speed gets taken down a notch or two he's depreciated value because - as has been outlined here - he's not exactly the most natural or savvy running back.

I long thought Cam'Ron (Davis) Harris was a better football player than Lorenzo Lingard. Don't get me wrong, I'd take that high quality back like Lingard every year, but I thought it was pretty clear he'd be moving down the depth chart pretty quickly with Knighton and Chaney here.

Advertisement
You take a 5 star every chance you get. But something wasn't right and the coaches knew it and I think his best bet was to get out of Miami before he became a dinosaur.

The argument was that some people didn’t think Cam was better than Limptard. I still don’t think Cam is a top back. But I hope he has a better career than that gaytor ****.

It was a Cam versus Lingard argument I think.

I said Cam would see the field before Lingard based on what I saw in practice.
MF'ing Lingard was running into the back of his O-lineman on simple zone running plays. Not to mention he let Robert Knowles tackle him one-on-one in the flats on a swing pass.

I will say this though...

The one time I saw him get a clear down-hill running lane, he looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

Advertisement
It was a Cam versus Lingard argument I think.

I said Cam would see the field before Lingard based on what I saw in practice.
MF'ing Lingard was running into the back of his O-lineman on simple zone running plays. Not to mention he let Robert Knowles tackle him one-on-one in the flats on a swing pass.

I will say this though...

The one time I saw him get a clear down-hill running lane, he looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

Cant believe people thought there was conspiracy agaisnt Lingard, it’s like they only remember his one nice run against a FCS school

1590268034015.gif

Cant believe people thought there was conspiracy agaisnt Lingard, it’s like they only remember his one nice run against a FCS school
I would beg to say it was at least 80% of the board..most were scared to take the contrary stance that maybe just maybe Lingard coming off injury and limited reps didn’t prove to a fresh Eyes of offensive coaches that he could make a difference..80% here acted as tho were hiding Todd gurley on the depth chart

Lingard is an elite athlete. Looks like a million bucks and runs like the wind. However, he isn’t a very good running back. It was that way from practice number 1 here. The reports were never good. Running up the backs of his blockers, getting knocked off balance, not breaking tackles. Maybe he puts it all together eventually but he probably is what he is. Ultimately, we can’t miss him because he never played and I think Chaney/Knighton would have quickly passed him anyway.

Advertisement
Lingard is an elite athlete. Looks like a million bucks and runs like the wind. However, he isn’t a very good running back. It was that way from practice number 1 here. The reports were never good. Running up the backs of his blockers, getting knocked off balance, not breaking tackles. Maybe he puts it all together eventually but he probably is what he is. Ultimately, we can’t miss him because he never played and I think Chaney/Knighton would have quickly passed him anyway.
Never know how fast he’s gonna be now

Advertisement
We have 3 guys better than him on our roster. All his transfer did was open up a scholarship. The bench is plenty full we didn’t need him taking up more room.

Advertisement
Back