Miami Nights
Junior
- Joined
- Oct 26, 2014
- Messages
- 3,381
interesting
Lake, AR82, and D$ all said he would startProof? Or we just guessing
Lake, AR82, and D$ all said he would start
They said there guessing like everyone else lolLake, AR82, and D$ all said he would start
Agreed on the rotation. Practice is different than games aka Lyle. Excited for Samson at LT. This should help out outside run game. Let's dial up some perimeter runs for Pringle as he can hit the edge faster than any RB we've had since Lamar Miller or Portis. More diversity in the run game please. We don't need teams like Indiana sending all 3 LB's and both safeties inside to stop our DUO and inside zone gameGaby agreed as well. Pretty sure he’s locked in as a starter at guard. Gaby and Lake also both were adamant that he’d be an amazing center but he can’t snap the ball consistently. It’s clear the staff really likes SJ and he’s gonna play.
I’d except to see a pretty heavy rotation early in the year. Even before any garbage time. I wouldn’t be shocked to see 7 or possibly 8 linemen play across the 5 traditional spots in the Stanford game.
I’ll say this, he’s got the wingspan of a 6’4 player and his arguably the strongest person on the team. Just because he’s on the shorter end people forget he was the number one inside offensive lineman recruit in the country the year he came out. So if he’s earned it, he’s earned it. We’ll see if he can keep it now because when it comes to run blocking, he’s excellent, now he’s got to prove he doesn’t get swallowed up in pass blocking.interesting
I would be an amazing accountant, but I just can't figure out debits and credits.both were adamant that he’d be an amazing center but he can’t snap the ball consistently.
The first 2 jobs of a center are snap the ball, 3 is to set the protection and 4 is to BLOCK SOME BODEE. He'll be a fine guard, but you can't play C if you can't snap.Gaby and Lake also both were adamant that he’d be an amazing center but he can’t snap the ball consistently
I'd be curious to know if it's still a snap issue or is it the mental side. Part of the reason they portal'd the first few years is you need experience at center. Much easier to play guard/tackle from a mental standpoint.The first 2 jobs of a center are snap the ball, 3 is to set the protection and 4 is to BLOCK SOME BODEE. He'll be a fine guard, but you can't play C if you can't snap.
If he spent 4–5 hours on an off day just nonstop snapping the football, he’d probably get pretty good at it. I’m not trying to be mean, but is snapping really that difficult if you spend a couple hours learning? Or is he having trouble adjusting to blocking post-snap?Gaby agreed as well. Pretty sure he’s locked in as a starter at guard. Gaby and Lake also both were adamant that he’d be an amazing center but he can’t snap the ball consistently. It’s clear the staff really likes SJ and he’s gonna play.
I’d except to see a pretty heavy rotation early in the year. Even before any garbage time. I wouldn’t be shocked to see 7 or possibly 8 linemen play across the 5 traditional spots in the Stanford game.
He’s gonna be a beast pulling and hitting blocks in space I would guessI’ll say this, he’s got the wingspan of a 6’4 player and his arguably the strongest person on the team. Just because he’s on the shorter end people forget he was the number one inside offensive lineman recruit in the country the year he came out. So if he’s earned it, he’s earned it. We’ll see if he can keep it now because when it comes to run blocking, he’s excellent, now he’s got to prove he doesn’t get swallowed up in pass blocking.interesting
Proof? Or we just guessing
I'm a HUGE fan of the dead snap. If you do it right the ball shoots back perfectly with the laces into the QB's hand every time. No need to flip the ball at all.Back to the point on snapping, I wonder how far along they are with deadball snaps lol. Alot of kids find that much easier than the conventional shotgun snap.
He’s gonna be a beast pulling and hitting blocks in space I would guess
I’d be concerned about his pass blocking but we will see. Also I’d push back on him being stronger than Cantwell
But his he more powerful within 0.45 seconds of the snap? OL/DL plays are won and lost in the first 0.45 seconds. Not the 5.5 seconds it takes to hit a 1RM on bench while laying down after some smelling salts and a 30m break between setsAlso I’d push back on him being stronger than Cantwell