Looks like Matthew may become a Nole...

Crimpy

Big Time Outsider
...and go wide right of us here in South Florida. Heh! At least according to the 11:00 am advisory.

I'm in Broward, so I'm cautiously breathing a bit easier.

Maybe this will save the game? Stay tuned.

Advertisement
Anybody who thought the game would be cancelled in the 1st place was a moron.

This sounds a little positive but this storm could potentially knock out power grids

This sounds a little positive but this storm could potentially knock out power grids

154742W5_NL_sm.jpg

I think we're good on that front

If miami power grids are affected by storms in palm beach, then yes it's possible.

Advertisement

The stadium will be the 1st place in South Florida that FPL will restore power to.

First of all there's the Hurricanes and Dolphins game, second of all there is Huzienga and Ross's money and power.

If it loses power at all Hard Rock Stadium will be missing power for all of 30 minutes.

Gtfoh. It's obvious you've never been involved in a serious disaster. Quit downplaying the severity of the situation.

You're a ******* moron and the board was better before you started posting here. Many are going to die and lose their homes not to mention lose power for weeks.. So no its not crazy to think the game would be canceled

You're a moron for thinking that hurricanes always follow those little charts that the weather center displays.

Hurricane Charley didn't follow those charts and rocked everyone in central Florida who was stupid like you thinking that it's a pre determined event. It's uncontrollable and can go wherever it wants

This hurricane put a spotlight on all the posters who reject fact and accept ***ggottrryy. And for that we're better off.

At first glance I thought that this was a thread about some recruit I have never heard of before flipping his commitment.

Advertisement
This hurricane put a spotlight on all the posters who reject fact and accept ***ggottrryy. And for that we're better off.
You do understand that everyone on here wants the game to be played.

I know with your profound ability to read a map on the weather channel, you have deduced that the game will be played.. As we all already know

Nobody is saying game will be canceled but you're an idiot if you think it was never in question with how much damage is gonna be done just north if Miami. Last time something like this hit that area was Andrew and if you don't know about it I would Google the after math

If miami power grids are affected by storms in palm beach, then yes it's possible.

I think the Turkey Point Grid in Homestead is what supplies power to pretty much all of Miami-Dade county.

Homestead will hardly be touched by the hurricane so it's a good place to have the power grid right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gtfoh. It's obvious you've never been involved in a serious disaster. Quit downplaying the severity of the situation.

You're a ****ing moron and the board was better before you started posting here. Many are going to die and lose their homes not to mention lose power for weeks.. So no its not crazy to think the game would be canceled

You're a moron for thinking that hurricanes always follow those little charts that the weather center displays.

Hurricane Charley didn't follow those charts and rocked everyone in central Florida who was stupid like you thinking that it's a pre determined event. It's uncontrollable and can go wherever it wants

It's amazing the mods haven't yet banned him.

I know with your profound ability to read a map on the weather channel, you have deduced that the game will be played.. As we all already know

Nobody is saying game will be canceled but you're an idiot if you think it was never in question with how much damage is gonna be done just north if Miami. Last time something like this hit that area was Andrew and if you don't know about it I would Google the after math

Are you kidding me? Andrew was a category 5, historical monster of a hurricane. Matthew doesn't even come close to being similar. We've had several storms since Andrew more similar. Mainly the storms during 2003-2005 blitz we had. To even mention Andrew is beyond ridiculous.

Also, this storm shined a spotlight on premature, panicky posters who rejected the tracking models and timing. We've always had the luxury of time, the storm is hitting today, we can easily make a call on the game on Friday. And yet posters were calling for the cancelation as early as Monday based on absolutely nothing.

Advertisement
Wrong there are 2 power plants in broward port everglades and on Griffin Rd. These supply Noth Dade and broward.

Are you kidding me? Andrew was a category 5, historical monster of a hurricane. Matthew doesn't even come close to being similar. We've had several storms since Andrew more similar. Mainly the storms during 2003-2005 blitz we had. To even mention Andrew is beyond ridiculous.

Also, this storm shined a spotlight on premature, panicky posters who rejected the tracking models and timing. We've always had the luxury of time, the storm is hitting today, we can easily make a call on the game on Friday. And yet posters were calling for the cancelation as early as Monday based on absolutely nothing.
https://weather.com/storms/hurrican...ew-bahamas-florida-georgia-carolinas-forecast

I guess it's crazy to mention Andrew when Matthew already was a category 5 and may become one again over night (unlikely but certainly not 'crazy')

And I never called for cancellation. The game will be played as it should. But for those who prance around pretending to be weather experts because you can read a ******* tracker map (that is a protection by the way, not a certainty) it's crazy. They can go any way they want.

If you can't handle logic then maybe the Internet is not a place for you, becuase other people have opinions on here. If it was so cut and dry I'm sure every Miami reporter wouldn't be giving updates on the game being played or not every hour wasting their time. I'm not sure how you can sit back and call people pussies of fa g for worrying about the worst natural disaster in over a decade hitting our coast

It's pretty apparent who lives in the affected areas and who doesn't

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back