Looking WAY ahead past Wake (long).. to our 2014 Miami Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomb

Band
Banned
Looking at the most recent depth chart and the roster, because there is absolutely nothing to be excited about with Miami Football right now, you have to be fired up about 2014 (and onward). Just like the staff has to recruit ahead, its fun as a fan to get speculative when examining the roster. If you cheat a bit, and factor in the verbal commits... you have to be really ******* stoked.

You take a deep look at the roster, and start to think about 2014, and you have to immediately feel really good about every unit outside of DT, and if course we're going to need a QB to step up and play efficiently.

I'm nervously confident that between Stuckey, Pierre, the young ones, and whatever Golden finds on the waiver wire, we will be solid at DT. Especially with the momentum we have. Maybe that's just me being all in on AG, but I feel good about getting that squared away this offseason. QB has me worried though. Williams has physical limitations and the other alternative will be to start a freshman (I don't see Crow as being a factor). Golden and Coley have some work to do.

But wow, RB, TE, WR, OL, DE, LB, DB... All look very, very good. I always look at what a potential 2 and 3 deep would be, not a starting lineup. Here are the potential positions groups for next year. Remember, **** changes every offseason (NOT including any incoming freshmen, some of which will of course make an early impact):

QB:

Williams, Olsen

Comments: One of these guys is going to have to step up as said above (duh).

Cheating: Don't think Kaaya has enough experience in HS to come in polished enough to take the job, but I am excited to see him hopefully push the group. Don't you wish Baby Jesus and Handsome Brad we're both already here? Competing on the field, and in the locker room? And by that I mean the Sunsations locker room, naturally.

RB:

Duke
Crawford
Bus

FB:

Tucker

Comments: **** yeah. I love the thought of a Duke Johnson as an upperclassman, a very, very seasoned and experienced Crawford pushing him (yeah, really), and Bus after a year of UTough, playbook, and the ***** at the NCAA not ******* with his head (I see you, Clearinghouse).

Cheating: While I really would have liked 2 RB in this past class, I am very excited about Yearby and Powell. Both have early impact skill sets, especially on ST.

WR:

Dorsett
Coley
Waters
Scott
Lewis
Jones

Comments: Our top 5 will be experienced, talented, and lethal. Coley is a potential AA next year. But right now only having 5 we can count on is a major cause for concern. Our numbers are slight again. I could see Scott making a major move. At least one staff member thought he was our 3rd best offensive player going into Fall Camp. He has a ton of potential. Can Jones step up and get in the rotation at #6, providing much needed depth? Meh. Or will he be a transfer candidate? His Spring will be one of the most important on the team IMO- if he's here.

Cheating: Wow, what a great opportunity for an incoming freshman or two. Those guys need to come in ready, as they may be called upon early if we have any injuries or adversity. We've got two good ones in the fold, and a GREAT opportunity for any others that want to come, not only just because of the depth, but because Dorsett and Scott are gone after next year as well.

TE:

Walford
Sandland
Dobard
O'Donnell

Comments: Walford and a 2nd year Sandland could provide one of the better 1-2 punches in CFB in 2014. If Dobard or O'Donnell develop, we're talking about some serious depth and size with hands. We're going to need one them to be ready.

Cheating: Dare I mention he who's name shall not be mentioned? Yes, some think he's a WR, and others think he's a Prep School ghost... but HE IS TALENTED and a possible instant impact guy. Herndon will have his shot too.

OL:

Comments:

LT: Flowers
LG: Feliciano
C: McDermott
Bunche
Gadbois
Gall
Isadora
Odogwa
Wells
Knighton

Dare I say those first three positions are locked? Who knows with the Kehoe shuffle, but unless they are moved out of need, you're taking about three really good ones right there. I didn't pencil in the other two positions as its a fool's errand with Art, but Bunche and Gadbois, who have both played OG and OT are the strong favorites there. Gall and Isadora will push those guys for a spot, and Odogwu, Wells and Knighton will provide depth most likely.

Cheating: Good god you have to love this incoming OL class. **** the star system, BTW (unsolicited comment). They are all even once they hit Greentree, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the next Flowers in that group, making an early impact.

DE:

Chickillo
McCord
Muhammad
Hamilton (could be a DT, depends on Spring and scheme)
Kamalu (could be a DT, depends on Spring and scheme)
Hoilett

Comments: Deep, and nasty. Chickillo is a lock one one side, and the competition to book end him will be intense. Muhammad, McCord, Hamilton, and Kamalu are all going to get their chance at it next Spring. Expect us to continue to rotate to keep guys fresh. Hoilett has some work to do.

Cheating: Good god. Thomas, Harris, Jackson (to date). Too much talent to keep off the field. Look for one or more of them to play situationally a la McCord this year.

DT:

Pierre
Hamilton (could be a DE, depends on Spring and scheme)
Kamalu (could be a DE, depends on Spring and scheme)
Moore
King

Comments: Yikes. The only way you can feel good about this is if you have unbridled faith in what AG can do in an offseason, and you think he can replicate the Renfrow/Gilbert heists. Pierre should be solid, if not special, and Miami will need him to stay healthy. After him, a lot of question marks.

Cheating: Pay attention recruits. You have an opportunity to be an instant impact guy on a national championship contender. Get on board. Stuckey, who is coming in as a 2/2 guy will NEED to be ready. If he isn't we may be in trouble. Valentine and Jenkins need to put the extra effort in this offseason to come in ready. Look for AG to add another Juco and/or 5th year senior here.

LB:

Perryman
Armbrister
Figs
Kirby
Blue
Grace
Tucker

Comments: Right now, the three best OLB's we have are also the three best LB for 2014. Unless Kirby can develop and show he deserves to start over one of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone move inside. Perryman is a guy who could leave early, but in the end I think he stays. Grace is a guy who we will need to step up for depth, as he has a ton of promise.

Cheating: Have a feeling a new guy is going to pass some others and get on the 2-deep. I see "DE" recruit Mike Smith as more of a future OLB in many of our sets, and McCray, Owens and Young will have their chances as well. Especially since some of them will probably needed on ST and won't redshirt.

CB:

Gunter
Howard
Burns
Crawford
Elder
Dortch
Hope
RL III?

Comments: I mean, really? This could be a special, special group next year, and a few years from now in the NFL as well. The first four have already climbed all over each other all year to get to the top of the depth chart, and all four will get a ton of burn in 2014. Add in the very promising Elder, who the staff loves, and its going to be tough for anyone else to crack the 2-deep, even if they continue to develop.

Cheating: I'm rooting for Dennis Turner cause STARS! Glad we flipped Bethel too.

S:

Jenkins
Bush
Fentress
Carter
RL III?

Comments: A healthy Bush and Jenkins will be the best pair of starting safeties in the conference next year, IMO, and yes, that includes FSU. Depth is a question mark. Can Fentress continue to improve and take on an increased role? What position will Ray Lewis III play next year? Will all the guys who forgot to complain when we recruited Class 1A Jenkins continue to complain that we recruited 1A Lewis, Son of God? Will Batman escape the Joker's trap?

Cheating: Mayes will have a real opportunity to crack the 2-deep. A few people think Owens could come in as a safety. I think those people eat cat food voluntarily. Would like to see another impact safety added.

K: Goudis seems solid, and has two years left.

P: Who is punting for Cincinnati this year?

What did I forget? What are your thoughts? What did I **** up? Tito's Vodka is awesome. :crownpour:

:neonu:

References:

326.jpg

Roster:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&SPID=103763&SPSID=658368

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perryman will leave early most likely. Need a lot of help at DT, LB, S

real thin at DT, S, and LB (especially if Perryman leaves). Will need Coach Golden to hit the waiver wire one more time and find some guys.

Advertisement
There is also talk of a potential Juco safety being a silent or a lead, but I don't have a name so I am not sure I am buying it. Could slot him in there. Would certainly be a good idea if the right guy is out there.

Best Secondary in College Football

CB's, starting safeties... could quite be. Only concern is depth at safety. And its a legit concern. Right now, 2 of 3 of Carter, RLII, and Fentress are going to be on the 2-deep, no?

Advertisement
On O McDermott,Yearby and (yes i will call it) dixon/ lane will push for time. D Im not going to address the dline but Smith, Owens, and bethal will push for time.

On O McDermott,Yearby and (yes i will call it) dixon/ lane will push for time. D Im not going to address the dline but Smith, Owens, and bethal will push for time.

Lane isn't coming. I'm not even sure how much the staff wants him, if at all.

The key will be the trigger man.

I think Williams is solid, but not spectacular. If Olsen is the truth, maybe he steals the job and puts up video game numbers with all of those playmakers.

Plus, factor in next year's schedule:
Duke
FSU (SL Stad)
UNC
Pitt
@GT
@Louis (W/o Teddy)
@UVa
@VT
FAMU; Arky St & Nebraska.

Advertisement
At LB we'll start out playing: DP, Kirby, Thurston, Figs and Grace will be worked in. He'll need to bulk up a lot to make that grind through the season.

I think Owens and Young will be brought along slowly. Golden doesn't like throwing freshman to the fire right away.

Hopefully Blue gets his **** together in his third year in the program to make an impact.

We still miss the Dark Knigga and Compton *** Gabe Terry.

Perryman will not be here next year. From what I know, very slim slim chance he comes back. He is going pro. And I completely understand why

Advertisement
Hulkacaniac searches for all threads started by one guy, and uses phrases like "guzzle ***". I think the closet door is creeping open right in front of our eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back