Looking back at Miami's 2013 offensive class

And just because I'm a gluten for punishment, a list of the kids we missed on that I remeber us being in on:
1. Greg Bryant (RIP) - 5* RB, Signed ND
2. Alex Collins - 4* RB, Signed Arkansas, drafted 5th round by Seattle
3. Denver Kirkland - 4* OL,Signed Arkansas, UFA signed by Oakland
4. Jordan Cunningham - 4* WR, Signed with Vanderbilt, transferred to UNC
5. Levonte Whitfield -4* ATH, Signed with FSU, solid option and good ST player
6. Bobo Wilson, 3* ATH, Signed with FSU, starter with FSU entering senior year
7. Matt Dayes, 3* RB, signed with North Carolina St, Career stat line of 1690 yards, 24 TDs as Wolf Pack's featured back
8. Roderick Johnson, 3* OT, signed with Florida, career ended in 2015 due to neck injury

That's all I can remember. Missing Collins and Kirkland were massive at the time. Just wait until the list for defense; it will give you brain damage.

Wasn't Keith Bryant and Matthew Thomas apart of these misses as well?

This thread is about offense, but yea.

The defensive misses are epic for 2013. Jesus, it's bad. Just wait for that list

Advertisement
And just because I'm a gluten for punishment, a list of the kids we missed on that I remeber us being in on:
7. Matt Dayes, 3* RB, signed with North Carolina St, Career stat line of 1690 yards, 24 TDs as Wolf Pack's featured back
8. Roderick Johnson, 3* OT, signed with Florida, career ended in 2015 due to neck injury

That's all I can remember. Missing Collins and Kirkland were massive at the time. Just wait until the list for defense; it will give you brain damage.

The defensive misses are epic for 2013. Jesus, it's bad. Just wait for that list

2013 was the first time I took off work to see NSD. It hurt so bad to see us miss on so many ppl that I mentally blocked out that year. Can't wait til Pete post the defensive side of the ball.

I've said it before but if Asante Cleveland can be an NFL blocking-only TE, then Standish can!

Cleveland showed great potential his freshman year before he got hurt. Unfortunately after the coaching change he disappeared for his remaining 3 years. In the couple games he played as a freshman I saw more of a receiving threat than I ever saw from Dobard. That being said Dobard is big and a decent blocker. If Richard Gordon made it by being an exceptional athlete that could only block but couldn't catch a cold thsn Dobard could make it.

Yeah, but if any of these kids signed here, theyd probably just be average as well

Advertisement
That 2013 NSD was one that will go down in infamy. Three things I remember from that day: 1) Stacy Coley being the lone bright spot in what was an awful close. 2) The look of a defeated Al Golden. 3) Franchise and his jokes on how Pete was floundering around taking blow after blow while attempting to soothe the pain of signing day. Talk about a complete disaster.

Gus is a RS Junior. He played the first two seasons then would've been a junior next year. Got hurt and we shirted him. He has two years left

Basically, the class hinged on baby Jesus panning out and being an anchor for future classes. Too bad he was over rated and a spoiled brat.

He struggled mightily in the UA All Star game. I just remember texting my boy that if he was this bad during a premadonna game, then have mercy on the U if he's the future QB

I've noticed that if a QB struggles in one of the All-Star games, they usually don't end up doing well in college.

Advertisement
Pete, whens the defensive list coming? And will you be doing lists for all of Goldens recruiting years?

Out of the list i looked up, Artie only one to turn out good so far

That 2013 NSD was one that will go down in infamy. Three things I remember from that day: 1) Stacy Coley being the lone bright spot in what was an awful close. 2) The look of a defeated Al Golden. 3) Franchise and his jokes on how Pete was floundering around taking blow after blow while attempting to soothe the pain of signing day. Talk about a complete disaster.

Lol I remember that.... last time we ever saw percentages for the probability of a recruit signing with UM from our boy lmao!

Advertisement

That's a pedestrian list provided by jmmcomber, and those 2 guys you mentioned have made 2 more plays combined for FSU than I have. They are 2 massive busts.

Advertisement
Derrick Griffin was one of those weird recruiting cases - and probably more trouble than he was worth - but he's every bit the athlete he was billed as.

He finally played last year at Texas Southern.

Football - 36 catches, 709 yds., 11 TD's - Texas Southern - Derrick Griffin - 2016 Football

Basketball - He was 10th in the NCAA in Rebounding (11.2) and 32nd in Blocks (2.3) per game - Derrick Griffin Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Texas Southern Tigers - ESPN

Granted he was a 22 year old Freshman and it was a small school, but still...he would've looked great in a Canes uniform.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back