Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Advertisement

Seems rather easy to me to team up w/ Fifita & be opposite of TMAC than Billy, Mertz and the ****show schedule but
IMG_9459.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree. Same story on repeat for Mario, itā€™s been bad for a long time.

Bro, do you, @mcnaire2004 and @cway313 have a string trio going where you get together, play the violin and drink WHINE? I understand the skepticism. But **** it's nonstop negative energy. Don't you all want to feel happy at some point?

High School recruiting has been crushing it for two consecutive classes. We got the best transfer QB in the portal, probably a top 5 guy when all is said and done, at least at the college level. We got an all PAC RB who averaged 6.2 yards and a shiit-ton after first contact. We brought in an 800+ yard receiver from Houston ... we have 2700 yards of returning receiving yards counting him, X and George. We brought in Alston and Powell, and Clark. Arroyo is healthy. Our OL is stout. Our DEs and LBs are stout. Our NIL is among best in class ... who would have thought THAT, especially after the Ruiz crash and burn?

Yes, we have a shiity situation at DT and at the moment a mediocre situation at DB. The former is concerning, the latter is going to get fixed. Why all the mopery? You were so optimistic a couple years ago and things are getting better..

Those names never crossed my mind. The departure of any of these players would be considered a level above "hurt" or "sting." "Devastation" comes to mind.
Yeah I was just kinda being dramatic

Thereā€™s lots of guys of course I want to keep around on the team but realistically I can only think of a few that as of right really move the needle

But also hoping to keep the 2023 class together as much as possible because those guys should start separating themselves

Bro, do you, @mcnaire2004 and @cway313 have a string trio going where you get together, play the violin and drink WHINE? I understand the skepticism. But **** it's nonstop negative energy. Don't you all want to feel happy at some point?

High School recruiting has been crushing it for two consecutive classes. We got the best transfer QB in the portal, probably a top 5 guy when all is said and done, at least at the college level. We got an all PAC RB who averaged 6.2 yards and a shiit-ton after first contact. We brought in an 800+ yard receiver from Houston ... we have 2700 yards of returning receiving yards counting him, X and George. We brought in Alston and Powell, and Clark. Arroyo is healthy. Our OL is stout. Our DEs and LBs are stout. Our NIL is among best in class ... who would have thought THAT, especially after the Ruiz crash and burn?

Yes, we have a shiity situation at DT and at the moment a mediocre situation at DB. The former is concerning, the latter is going to get fixed. Why all the mopery? You were so optimistic a couple years ago and things are getting better..
I donā€™t talk to mcnaire, not familiar with the other poster.

Itā€™s all data, baby doll. Mario needs an overwhelming talent advantage to win. He needs every variable that could result in a loss to be neutralized, and even then he creates ways to avoid the dub. Everything youā€™ve listed should result in an easy playoff berth and if weā€™re honest, ACC crown. But no one is predicting that level of finish, because even the most ā€œoptimisticā€ fan saw the man literally give away a win last year. Theyā€™ve lost their voice screaming at him through the TV, they know having an advantage isnā€™t enough, Mario needs an insurmountable edge to secure victory.

Cam Ward is a phenom. Martinez is a stud, Brown is the guy weā€™ve been waiting for. You canā€™t look at this team and stop at the advantages, because they have yet to matter in the results. We have to study the deficits. Right now those deficits are massive and in the most critical areas of the defense. They are season-wreckingly bad. And even if we do find the dudes, we really starting 60% of the team with guys who were not a campus 6 months prior to kickoff? Youā€™re happy with that in year 3? With all the monetary benefits youā€™ve discussed, this is what a healthy investment looks like to you?

If so, ignore me. Be happy.

Advertisement

Itā€™s all data, baby doll. Mario needs an overwhelming talent advantage to win. He needs every variable that could result in a loss to be neutralized, and even then he creates ways to avoid the dub. Everything youā€™ve listed should result in an easy playoff berth and if weā€™re honest, ACC crown. But no one is predicting that level of finish, because even the most ā€œoptimisticā€ fan saw the man literally give away a win last year. Theyā€™ve lost their voice screaming at him through the TV, they know having an advantage isnā€™t enough, Mario needs an insurmountable edge to secure victory.

Cam Ward is a phenom. Martinez is a stud, Brown is the guy weā€™ve been waiting for. You canā€™t look at this team and stop at the advantages, because they have yet to matter in the results. We have to study the deficits. Right now those deficits are massive and in the most critical areas of the defense. They are season-wreckingly bad. And even if we do find the dudes, we really starting 60% of the team with guys who were not a campus 6 months prior to kickoff? Youā€™re happy with that in year 3? With all the monetary benefits youā€™ve discussed, this is what a healthy investment looks like to you?

Thereā€™s a level of clarity and lack of brain fog here that pleases me

No Way Wow GIF by Bounce

Advertisement
Back