Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

I believe some recent OL Portal entries have been No Contact but I just can't recall who they were!
I do not think any of the current portal lineman could come in and start LG over what we have. Why I think it's a new portal player not public yet....
I believe some recent OL Portal entries have been No Contact but I just can't recall who they were!

Advertisement
Fina was also getting 1st-team reps at right guard apparently before this development.

Wonder if we’ll take a look considering his experience at LT. Bruins led the PAC-12 in rushing last season, but admittedly do not know much about his capabilities other than he was a starter in 2023. Seemed like he was considered a starter for 2024 but was being cross-trained elsewhere.

Advertisement
Lol wild they think there are 681 transfer players better than Alderman and 382 transfers better than Alston.

Not because I think they're world beaters but that transfer ranking system still has a LOOOOONG way to go.
They really have no idea how to rank transfers and it is hard I admit. You never really know a player is about to transfer so you dont really have time to evaluate or camp like you do in the HS rankings. And when a kid (say like the Zandermela OL) is a top 100 recruit, goes to USC, redshirts, puts out almost no tape and decides to bounce, how TF do you rank him? Has he really changed since HS? Prob not much, but rumors are USC didnt like how he progressed after the year but do you tank a kid based on rumors?

Some are obvious such as your Downs or Caleb Williams, you KNOW those guys are studs since they already proved it. Yet they had Zandemla as the #7 OVERALL transfer recruit and it seems his only options are UF and UCF. Yet he is right behind Julian Sayin and ABOVE Cam Ward, Dante Moore, Judkins, etc. basically they dunno what they doing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know this is unfair because the kid probably took a couple of years for his mission or whatever...but he is averaging 12 tackles per year of eligibility.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back