Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
There’s going to be a lot of regrets from the transfer portal on both sides. Some teams will pick up players based upon their 247 HS rankings vs. actual production, while there’s going to be a **** ton of players who enter the portal & will be on the next YouTube Episode of “whatever happened to…”

Guys w/ multiple transfers are red flags.
Im curious how the NFL approaches those players. Do you think guys get penalized for bouncing around?

Advertisement
Im curious how the NFL approaches those players. Do you think guys get penalized for bouncing around?

The NFL look at production, first & foremost. I know this for a fact speaking w/ scouts, but character does play a role. I also know if a player has transferred multiple times, it’s ?’d about work ethic, overcoming adversity, dedication, etc.

In fact, I’m trying to recall how many players have been drafted that’s been at more than 2 schools w/in their collegiate career since the transfer portal became a thing.

The 2020 draft was when the TP became a recruiting toool (the 2019 season), & I legit can’t think of one, especially not w/in the 1st 3 rounds.

The NFL look at production, first & foremost. I know this for a fact speaking w/ scouts, but character does play a role. I also know if a player has transferred multiple times, it’s ?’d about work ethic, overcoming adversity, dedication, etc.

In fact, I’m trying to recall how many players have been drafted that’s been at more than 2 schools w/in their collegiate career since the transfer portal became a thing.

The 2020 draft was when the TP became a recruiting toool (the 2019 season), & I legit can’t think of one, especially not w/in the 1st 3 rounds.
My thoughts as well.

Weird.... I remember him and his brother's recruitment from a few years ago. Both are Longhorn legacies and it was a complete shock to everyone at UT that they committed to Bama. Wonder where he goes if he can't do UT or A&M with the inter SEC spring rule.
Brother was at TCU and medically retired. I'd guess there most likely.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back