Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
I personally don't give a **** about who agrees with Dmoney or anyone else on a message board. He is a grown man that has 0 bearing on my thoughts. It's unfortunate that the board is comprised of mostly sheep that wait to be told what to think and believe. If you choose to be a gulible dip**** I'm not here to stand in your way.

Must figure out who agrees or disagrees with you to see whether to agree or disagree…

But what happens when D$ doesn’t agree with a MariBro that everyone believes their gospel… ****. People may need to think on their own.

This may get dangerous…

DBs in the portal are actually looking pretty good imo. So I feel we should DEFINITELY get 2 there. May not even be too expensive if we get like Dyoni Hill and one other guy...
WR we should honestly only be going for Sam Brown or a top player if they end up entering. Otherwise I say we are good at WR. I'd expect this to be pretty expensive.
RB just get Martinez and we are good. This will also be decently expensive. But it looks like we don't have too much competition. Doubt he was actually getting $400k at OSU, and Arizona probably isn't offering him that much either.
LB we honestly don't need. If the Louisville guy is cheap, sure. But otherwise we shouldn't be choosing to spend on LB instead of EDGE for the same relative quality player. Like we have 2 starting LBs already and a **** load of young guys with potential. We should be fine at LB. Get a solid rotational EDGE so we don't have to rely on freshman in the 2/3 deep, and we're good.

That leaves DT, which is by far our biggest need. This is where the majority of our money needs to be spent. I'd rather get 1 Top DT, and not be able to spend on WR & LB without question.

Imo that LB from Louisville is a luxury. Take that money and added to the DT money. Not saying it's enough but should help.
i agree unless they know they may lose 2 lbs...and i belieb nicholson coached the alderman kid prior as well.

If they bring in Alderman i would expect Chase Smith or a young lb to bounce. If we are able to keep them...we cooking with grease.

I personally think Wes spot shouldnt be locked up..dare i say Cloyd was better than him last year

Advertisement
i agree unless they know they may lose 2 lbs...and i belieb nicholson coached the alderman kid prior as well.

If they bring in Alderman i would expect Chase Smith or a young lb to bounce. If we are able to keep them...we cooking with grease.

I personally think Wes spot shouldnt be locked up..dare i say Cloyd was better than him last year

The kid from Louisville was a starter for them last year. I think they definitely need to keep the pressure on Wes to improve. I could see us possible moving on from Chase and Bobby Washington.

I expect Chase Smith to leave regardless...
And Cloyd probably was slightly better. But he already played less snaps than Wes. And all indications are Wes has improved and staff believes he's going to be one of the top 2 for sure at LB.

Advertisement
I'm sure this isn't going to happen and many probably disagree but I'd pull whatever money we plan on giving Martinez and allocate it to Harmon.
Why Martinez when RB is a major need, while WR and LB aren't. WR is expensive, I'd much rather get a Top DT + Martinez than a top DT + Sam Brown. Its not even a question. Now next season/normally that isn't the case because I do think WR is much more valuable. But we really need a top RB right now.

Sam Brown honestly probably costs more than Martinez. Sure Martinez was rumored to be getting $400k. That may be true because it appears they really don't have anyone else they're likely spending big on so he may be their biggest nil player... but right now our only competition seems to really be Arizona... I really don't think we are in some massive bidding war for martinez. Meanwhile Sam Brown is at a more premium position and is going to be also visiting LSU and ******* Texas A&M...

The kid from Louisville was a starter for them last year. I think they definitely need to keep the pressure on Wes to improve. I could see us possible moving on from Chase and Bobby Washington.
i like the potential of both chase and bobby of the two i would keep Bobby if he is healthy due to age. Chase llooked pretty solid in the spring game...but h emay can go somewhere n start g5 level

Advertisement
if they werent going ot pay JHH dont expect them to pay a guy like Harmon....

We gonna be bargain shopping for a DT not shooting at these types that dude gonna command big bucks....just hope it isnt fsu that ponies up,...andmaybe an lsu which would open us up to other guys that we both have interest in
You wanted to overpay for a kid playing on his Covid year because he wasn't good enough to be drafted after his 5th year?

Must figure out who agrees or disagrees with you to see whether to agree or disagree…

But what happens when D$ doesn’t agree with a MariBro that everyone believes their gospel… ****. People may need to think on their own.

This may get dangerous…
I'm old enough to remember a week ago when people were agreeing to bring in Romello Height.

Advertisement
Back