Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Not great because LSU was the early favorite.

Raikes just got Crystal Balled to Auburn. Eliminates them from DT contention.

Texas is getting Bill Norton and maybe Toia I believe got crystal balled.

LSU is hosting CJ West and Barrow.

Damonic Williams is going to OU I believe. And in the hayes fawcett graphic we didnt reach out to him.

Only possible DT is maybe Barrow if he doesn't commit to LSU. If Barrow commits to LSU any other DT that enters would be FSU vs Miami battle I would assume.

Advertisement

Next January
Dont Like In And Out GIF by 421

Advertisement
The problem with Gary is he straight up lies or makes up stories to help fill in time if something is dragging out. Like Manny , Mario and the AD situation being a few. He literally made up stories that people around UM were cracking up about. There’s times my guy be writing fan faction lol. He deserves some of the heat he gets. Gaby doesn’t do bs like that.
There was a point a while back where Gary would post recruiting rumors under a burner account so he wouldn't look bad if a kid changed his mind. At the same time, he put a rule in that if an "insider" posted a recruiting rumor and it turned out to be wrong, you were banned for a period of time. I believe it was a month for the first offense and permeant for the second offense. There was a mass exodus of members once that was put in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2 years is too many. I'm not a fan of the take.
Wes was up and down last year so we'd be relying on true sophomores outside of Kiko, who is also coming off an injury himself. Alderman started every game last year at Louisville so totally fine with the take

Wes was up and down last year so we'd be relying on true sophomores outside of Kiko, who is also coming off an injury himself. Alderman started every game last year at Louisville so totally fine with the take
He has a low ceiling. Guys like Pop, Bobby x2 and Hayes all have higher ceiling. I was even a big fan of Marcellus, this is not helping guys that will have to make mistakes develop.

Advertisement
He has a low ceiling. Guys like Pop, Bobby x2 and Hayes all have higher ceiling. I was even a big fan of Marcellus, this is not helping guys that will have to make mistakes develop.
Hayes and Pruitt are true freshman and are going to take their lumps. So then you have Kiko, Wes and three true sophomores who haven't played a ton of snaps. Cloyd ended up being a much better linebacker than most expected and this kid is better than he was coming in. We're going to have to replace Kiko and (potentially) Wes if he balls out this year so don't see the harm of bringing in a plug and play guy with 2 years left.

Hayes and Pruitt are true freshman and are going to take their lumps. So then you have Kiko, Wes and three true sophomores who haven't played a ton of snaps. Cloyd ended up being a much better linebacker than most expected and this kid is better than he was coming in. Again, I wouldn't mind having another veteran in the mix. Worst case is he gets passed but the younger guys and portals out in December.
Yeah, I was on the fence here until I saw how many snaps Cloyd and Flagg got last year. Ideally 1 of the young kids steps up (looking at you Aguirre) to give us 300-400 quality snaps. Basically replacing Cloyd's spot.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 10.17.23 AM.png

Then you can add an INEXPENSIVE depth LB to take another 200-300 snaps and have Pruitt, Pulliam, Bobby, or Hayes take the rest then that's an ideal scenario.

But no transfers + 1 injury to Kiko or Wes and we're in a really bad spot.

Hayes and Pruitt are true freshman and are going to take their lumps. So then you have Kiko, Wes and three true sophomores who haven't played a ton of snaps. Cloyd ended up being a much better linebacker than most expected and this kid is better than he was coming in. We're going to have to replace Kiko and (potentially) Wes if he balls out this year so don't see the harm of bringing in a plug and play guy with 2 years left.
Was Cloyd anything better than ok? I'm not convinced the answer is yes. If we are setting the bar at was he not bad then 8-4 will be our ceiling. The harm is he doesn't make your team better. He makes team safer. He is a player you take year 1 or year 2 to steady the ship. We don't need to steady **** it's time to get this ship moving.

Advertisement
Back