Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

It would be great if Justin Scott can give us a "Bain" type TF season. But thats too much to ask. **** I would even accept him just playing like a 5* kid and I think we could be okay with bringing in 2 "solid" DTs who can hold their own and hoping Horton or Moten have the light come on.

Advertisement
It would be great if Justin Scott can give us a "Bain" type TF season. But thats too much to ask. **** I would even accept him just playing like a 5* kid and I think we could be okay with bringing in 2 "solid" DTs who can hold their own and hoping Horton or Moten have the light come on.
I have high hopes for Jones, think he may end up being a better player than Scott

Exactly which is why unless the school is tampering its a bunch of booty in the portal. Need horton to come on and be a difference maker if not its back to bargain bin shopping for DT's.
Agreed, absolutely need guys to develop. I'm actually not as terribly concerned about DT as others. Clark was a good add and Scott and Jones are also about to enter the chat. To me, biggest needs are RB, safety, and probably another IOL. We've recruited enough talent at WR and DT, we just need guys to step up.

Advertisement
Agreed, absolutely need guys to develop. I'm actually not as terribly concerned about DT as others. Clark was a good add and Scott and Jones are also about to enter the chat. To me, biggest needs are RB, safety, and probably another IOL. We've recruited enough talent at WR and DT, we just need guys to step up.
The "step up" part is what I think we are all worried about. We are basically hoping the light turns on for Moten and/or Horton to save the DT rotation. Gore, Campbell and Cook seem to be not catching on as fast as we thought they would.

Blah…

We got a starting DT from the B1G last off season with similar production and honorable mention accolades as well. Would be more of the same.
Deen certainly wasn't an impact player and missed time with injury, but our DL as a whole did pretty good despite some lackluster recruiting (20th in YPC defense).

We need more impact guys to be Miami. This is DTU. That is going to be accomplished through recruiting guys like Scott and Blount out of high school, which we struggled with the first full cycle. But I think sometimes we overlook the less exciting moves that helped make our DL adequate over the past two years. That unit hasn't been the reason we've been losing games, even though it was barren when Mario got here.

Deen certainly wasn't an impact player and missed time with injury, but our DL as a whole did pretty good despite some lackluster recruiting (20th in YPC defense).

We need more impact guys to be Miami. This is DTU. That is going to be accomplished through recruiting guys like Scott and Blount out of high school, which we struggled with the first full cycle. But I think sometimes we overlook the less **** moves that helped make our DL adequate over the past two years. That unit hasn't been the reason we've been losing games, even though it was barren when Mario got here.

I wouldn’t be opposed to taking him if we hadn’t already taken Cook/Clarke…but adding him on top of those 2 is just adding bodies IMO. He isn’t a needle mover at all and again, it’d just be more of the same. We need better, and I’m not one to take bodies just because.

We need more impact guys to be Miami. This is DTU. That is going to be accomplished through recruiting guys like Scott and Blount out of high school, which we struggled with the first full cycle. But I think sometimes we overlook the less exciting moves that helped make our DL adequate over the past two years. That unit hasn't been the reason we've been losing games, even though it was barren when Mario got here.
I don't want to derail this thread, but Josh Horton has not been talked about too much. Are you expecting him to contribute?

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be opposed to taking him if we hadn’t already taken Cook/Clarke…but adding him on top of those 2 is just adding bodies IMO. He isn’t a needle mover at all and again, it’d just be more of the same. We need better, and I’m not one to take bodies just because.
Unless he replacing Gore and we add a big boy DT

I agree we have to add needle-movers. I just think it’s more likely to come via recruiting due to the nature of the position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMG_4555.jpeg

This is a Tough one because based on what’s in the portal right now, I think we’d be desperate enough to take. But with 12 days left and DTs starting to slowly enter and check their market value, I’d take the risk and wait.

It’s almost like the NFL per position where guys see what x player will get, and think they can get similar price (or sometimes more). Then their agents sniff around and see what their client can get.

I said when Deion took the job that he'd be a disaster there
The players finally realized he only cares about his Sons and Hunter. I’d say he won’t be there long but can’t see another program hiring Deion unless they were desperate like Colorado was and he is not even remotely an Xs and Os guy for the NFL.

does he even play ...another brokde d*ck rb shouldnt be high on the list. He was a beast that frshmnn year at houston int he games i caught big physical runner
IDK how bad his injury was, UH seemed like it was bad and he would be ready middway through the year. But his pops after the portal news broke said this:

"If my sons not RB1 We Gotta Go.... He was ready last year! He’s a 100% this year! Unfortunately have to find another home where there’s no favoritism and he is valued, appreciated and has no doubts about RB1... He is the best RB in Colorado...But He Not settling! We Going! Thank you Colorado for your hospitality! #McCaskillStrong #WeGoing #RB1 #Proven"

Now dont get me wrong, I am sure Deon screwed this up somewhere but having pops this involved claiming he should have played more makes me think he was 100% but perhaps lost a step like Citizen and just has not recovered to his TF form.

McCaskill then tried to distance himself from Pops since his dad deleted the post and the kid posted:

"The only person that has any input or any influence with my decisions is me. My apologies some opinions were voiced that may leave people appalled . Please do not let that be a reflection of my character and the integrity of my career."

Advertisement
Back