Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

With us being more than halfway home on day one of this portal window, I’d say the USC center would be the player that I covet most. Carpenter leave alot to be desired and this kid has multiple years of eligibility.
I think no matter if we get the USC guy or not, I don’t think he’d take carpenter’s spot. He’d be the guy next year and for a few after, he’s a guy for the future. He’s the makeup for losing Lew & the guy to Bama.

Advertisement

Big men with production are at a premium. We will probably have a good bit of solid competition for him. *I see LSU has offered.

He is listed at 6’2 315 so he is probably slightly under 6’1 300+, but as long as he can hold his ground and give us 10-15 quality early down snaps….

There will be w handful or so more of these guys. I liked that we jumped on this quickly but I’d like better and we NEED better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok so DT is officially on the shopping list (not surprising). Graded out as a top 10 DT based on PFF.

View attachment 286911

IMG_8713.jpeg

Advertisement
I think no matter if we get the USC guy or not, I don’t think he’d take carpenter’s spot. He’d be the guy next year and for a few after, he’s a guy for the future. He’s the makeup for losing Lew & the guy to Bama.
I can get with that. I look at options if Carpenter goes down and they seem… bleak. I think this kid provides the depth and if Carpenter struggles in the slightest you can give him the hook quick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Sophomore, wasn’t there with Dawson, but was still under Dana. Seems like he has some attitude issues/ fighting teamates.
If it's a trait I want in my #1 WR it's a ****ed up attitude as long as work ethic is elite.

Advertisement
Back