Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Advertisement

This is actually an interesting plot to follow. The fact that the SEC cant take transfers from within the conference really limits them and means they are going to go hard after the same non-SEC portal guys that we go after. It might not be an issue but still something to follow especially since posters are falling in love with Martinez (Pac-12) and Hampton (ACC).

This is actually an interesting plot to follow. The fact that the SEC cant take transfers from within the conference really limits them and means they are going to go hard after the same non-SEC portal guys that we go after. It might not be an issue but still something to follow especially since posters are falling in love with Martinez (Pac-12) and Hampton (ACC).
Could def see a few of our guys like Okunlola, Wayne, Ray-Ray, etc. potentially getting poached by SEC teams

Last edited:
Y’all already setting ourselves up for disappointment

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Advertisement
Could def see a few of our guys like Okunlola, Ray-Ray, etc. potentially getting poached by SEC teams
I think there is a reason why they are giving Samson every chance to be in the starting 5..even switching him to OG if need be. Because to your point, if hes sitting the bench this year..you have to know someone will get in his ear that its time for him to look elsewhere.

I think there is a reason why they are giving Samson every chance to be in the starting 5..even switching him to OG if need be. Because to your point, if hes sitting the bench this year..you have to know someone will get in his ear that it’s time for him to look elsewhere.
How do people think he looked during the scrimmage?

I think he’d come in and immediately push to start imo, at worst he’s solid depth. I like him better than what I’ve seen from Richard at corner. Could also allow Powell to play a bit more safety in his traditional role if we go that route.

Hopefully we add 2 CBs and he could be one. I wonder if the Gator will sniff around. Familiarity with Chevis is a nice selling point.

Advertisement

I think he’d come in and immediately push to start imo, at worst he’s solid depth. I like him better than what I’ve seen from Richard at corner. Could also allow Powell to play a bit more safety in his traditional role if we go that route.

Hopefully we add 2 CBs and he could be one. I wonder if the Gator will sniff around. Familiarity with Chevis is a nice selling point.

I'd feel a lot better if Richard was the 4th or 5th corner on the depth chart. I absolutely agree that we need 2 CB's and probably a safety although Richard ironically could be better served there as well.

Advertisement

Yeah if you're not going to spend the big bucks for a bonafide one-year All-ACC type starter then this is probably the next tier you probably want to get into while getting 2 of those.

Experienced, played a ton of snaps last season, but still young with room for development. I'd still want a 2nd CB in this case where you basically swap this kid for Demetrius Freeney or someone similar.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 10.34.19 AM.png

Advertisement
Back