Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I underestimated the impact Saban's departure is having on Bama's roster. I expected attrition but this is excessive. [I know Saban is the GOAT...etc.]

DeBoer is a heckuva coach. At a minimum, players on offense (especially skill players) should be excited to play in that system.

I'm not shedding a tear 'cuz I despise teams from the SEC and Bama is an incredibly arrogant program (deservedly so). But, some of these kids are receiving poor advice.

As long as these cats don't end up at Fspoo or UiF, I'm cool with it.

Bama absorbing a disproportionate amount of high level talent is pretty closely correlated to our struggles here.....Not that it's the cause entirely, but it certainly didn't help losing the Coopers, Ridleys, Dallas Turners, etc of the world. The quicker that turns into a dumpster fire the better it is for college football.

So u didnt see FSU 2 year run culminate in 63-3? Or that didnt happen? What about Michigan St, and TCU before that? Yall can keep on about this but until its proven to be some sustainable season on season way to build your roster....sugar high.
trying to figure out what TCU Did int he portal?.

FSU won 10+ games 2 years in a row....... They beat us...we didnt beat them 63-3 so it aint matter to me. I realized the winning led them to a to 10 recruiting class in 2024, and continued transfer portal success apparently. Now we shall see how thi stransition year how far they fall.

Michigan state?. Is i treference to the portal? They never were a portal destination, the 1 year folks hype up their portal ranking still were in the teens when they got the kid from wake.

The crazy part is ...We are in the portal just like all of the ther schools heavy we just land alot of mid for every good one we sign.

Mario hits 9+ wins next year and the trajectory changes a bit.

trying to figure out what TCU Did int he portal?.

FSU won 10+ games 2 years in a row....... They beat us...we didnt beat them 63-3 so it aint matter to me. I realized the winning led them to a to 10 recruiting class in 2024, and continued transfer portal success apparently. Now we shall see how thi stransition year how far they fall.

Michigan state?. Is i treference to the portal? They never were a portal destination, the 1 year folks hype up their portal ranking still were in the teens when they got the kid from wake.

The crazy part is ...We are in the portal just like all of the ther schools heavy we just land alot of mid for every good one we sign.

Mario hits 9+ wins next year and the trajectory changes a bit.

TrumpyCane wants to know if actually believe this?

They got a bunch of college kids who haven't put any numbers at their previous schools which leads to the second bolded part to ask who have they gotten that is suppose to be good? Maybe the RB from Bama?

Advertisement
So u didnt see FSU 2 year run culminate in 63-3? Or that didnt happen? What about Michigan St, and TCU before that? Yall can keep on about this but until its proven to be some sustainable season on season way to build your roster....sugar high.
Sign my *** up for a sugar high if it means we:

Make the ******* national championship game

OR

Finish an undefeated regular season + championship game

Sometimes y'all are ******* delusional, we haven't even been COMPETENT in like 20 years (minus one good run) and we're looking down our noses at TCU...

Sign my *** up for a sugar high if it means we:

Make the ******* national championship game

OR

Finish an undefeated regular season + championship game

Sometimes y'all are ******* delusional, we haven't even been COMPETENT in like 20 years (minus one good run) and we're looking down our noses at TCU...
I guarantee most of the porsters here think Miami had a better season last year.

There's no evidence that coaches/teams can have prolonged success building primarily through the portal. The jury is still out though because the portal is still fairly new but so far there's been ZERO playoff teams that were portal built and the best heavy portal team ever got destroyed by 60 in a bowl game by a team that was built through traditional recruiting methods. Maybe Mike Norvell can be the first coach to have prolonged success this way. Michigan State fell off a cliff just two years after building their best team in recent history almost completely with transfers. The next team that wins a championship with mostly portal players will be the first.

Advertisement
There's no evidence that coaches/teams can have prolonged success building primarily through the portal. The jury is still out though because the portal is still fairly new but so far there's been ZERO playoff teams that were portal built and the best heavy portal team ever got destroyed by 60 in a bowl game by a team that was built through traditional recruiting methods. Maybe Mike Norvell can be the first coach to have prolonged success this way. Michigan State fell off a cliff just two years after building their best team in recent history almost completely with transfers. The next team that wins a championship with mostly portal players will be the first.
FSU didn't lose by 60 because of the portal. They lost by 60 because 35% of their team didn't play in the game.

Advertisement
There is certainly a correlation between all the opt outs and the way they ended up with a heavily upper classmen team......a lot of that was due to the portal.
Anyone that watches football could tell you UGA has the best backups in the nation. The line was -21. A blowout was expected.

Look man, my personal Christmas was when FSU got left out of the playoff and their fans melted down. I watched every second of that Georgia beatdown and was ****ed UGA let them off the hook near the end. I hope they lose every game they play. These are my bona fides for hating FSU.

Anyone who thinks that the fact they were on their 3rd string QB is less relevant than them being good at using the portal the past few cycles is on that high grade copium.

Advertisement
I guarantee most of the porsters here think Miami had a better season last year.
Cut the ***ry. No one in their right mind thinks we had a better season than FSU. I know i would take us over them now though. Which is my fkn point. Everyone is in the portal but yall want us to build the team like Colorado and FSU. No way. I totally disagree with that. We needed a Qb, we got the best one we could get and trying to get other proven players. Show me all these proven elite players FSU, Louisville and Colorado got. Oh and FSU just got put on probation for what they been doing. I know yall would be jerking your meat if it was us, Since we wanna say outrageous things

Advertisement
Back