Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement

f u l l b a c k?
Live look at Mario:
ted hump GIF

I'm not gonna start another thread but I had some observations/opinions...I've gotten negged to Bolivia on here lately but fvck it - here goes.

1) I'm really happy with the HS haul we got in the 24 class...how could you not be? The only thing that could have made it better is maybe someone higher ranked at QB than Judd, but he's solid too and could develop well. Over the moon with the HS kids, really.

2) 1 above notwithstanding, the portal has been a massive dud for us this offseason. I know we got some good solid takes that help at positions of need between Cook/Clark at DT, Carpenter at C, and Riley at S...credit where due for those, but whiffing at QB thus far and not going after certain guys that could have been instant impact (Jackson at CB stands out the most for me, Nic Scourton, Peny Boone, Okunlola, etc) is truly disappointing and head-scratching.

3) Given 2, the only way I could possibly even say this is a really good Portal class for us is if we somehow landed either Ward or Tagovailoa at QB, AND Judkins at RB. Past that...******* embarrassing and we should be doing so much better. You revamp our offensive backfield like that, and some of our WRs step up for the new guy at QB...the only thing standing in the way of success next season would be things like Mario/the staff mismanaging gamedays (which we all know is an issue).

We could *possibly* find someone transferring out after Spring at QB or another impact guy that fits us at another position, but I'm not holding my breath for that. Especially for a QB, we need to get our guy here for the Spring to be fully good to go for the Fall. We need to hit the ground running opening up in The Swamp.

Just to reinforce this, our portal takes after early January the last couple of years under Mario have been pretty mediocre. So unless something changes, we need to lower our expectations.

On the other hand, we really don't have quantity needs but quality needs left. QB1, WR1, 1 DL, 1 DB. You want a RB, to me that all depends on Fletcher and Citizen. If those guys are healthy we are good there. 4 maybe 5-6 guys max. But they've got to be good.

George is cancerous. If Miami gets a #1 like Daniels, I'm letting George walk. Did he get better this year? Yes, he did. But the bonehead penalties and the inconsistency of is game are no good in my eyes. He acted like a ***** in that Rutgers game. I'll roll with a new #1 and the incoming freshman.

Ridiculous take. Daniels would be replacing Colbie Young.

Jacolby was by far our most explosive player and you want to get rid of him? Lmao. As if we have an abundance of playmakers.

Yes he had a bunch of frustrating penalties, ala James Williams in 2022, but as #20 showed this season that is something that can be corrected.

Ridiculous take. Daniels would be replacing Colbie Young.

Jacolby was by far our most explosive player and you want to get rid of him? Lmao. As if we have an abundance of playmakers.

Yes he had a bunch of frustrating penalties, ala James Williams in 2022, but as #20 showed this season that is something that can be corrected.
Yes, he was our most explosive playmaker but he is also REPLACEABLE. He isn't a special player. He didn't make aggressive plays to draw those penalties. He made "I come first" penalties. I am saying there are other explosive kids out there who will not do the dumb **** that he did and can produce at the same level, if not better. You are getting trapped into thinking Jacolby is a stud. In my OPINION he is replaceable and not worth the bull****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back