Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Yes and then the NCAA bailed him out by upping visits to 70 so we got an extra 14
Bad Day That Hurt GIF by Tim Poulton

Advertisement
Family member of a kid in the portal said the staff told him they had no more visits left to use but he could come on his own dime

Finishing off the portal class I'd expect nothing else or very few additions.

Brutal mismanagement of the 2024 class to bring in all of those JAGs and not cut ties and waste visits we needed.

Guess we'll go into the season with 4 corners and 4 safeties. What could possibly go wrong? Also probably why they're all in on Ward.
Not to discredit your info, but is it possible that this is the messaging specific to this player? I surely would use this line so as to keep a decent relationship in place with the player regardless of our actual visit situation?

I don't know who the player is, so that may discredit my argument as well if they are a hot commodity.

Advertisement
They upped it from 56 to 70 OVs allowed in a year. Effective April 1 - So I assume some of the post spring guys we pursued counted against that too. Fresh 56 (or 70 if they keep the trial limit) should start April 1, 2024 - so if we're going to be active in the portal it won't be anyone currently in there. It will be post spring window.

Should be less than a big deal due to NIL - it can be covered after the fact - but tough to convince someone like Kaidon Salter to come in who had no NIL deal and is probably strapped for cash at the moment.

Or we can be dirty about it... hasn't stopped schools like Georgia and Ohio State for several years for giving unofficial visitors the OV treatment. Slippery slope and haven't seen us really try to bend the rules to date under Mario. We don't even tamper like those other programs are doing.
That explains a lot about our portal strategy. Starting to think our war room is something like:

Mario texting exactly one kid per week, 24/7.

Dawson refreshing Matt Zenitz’s Twitter feed.

Dennis Smith drinking vodka Red Bulls out of a giant Stanley coffee cup, scrolling CiS.

Zo on OnlyFans but got the room convinced he’s scouting the depth chart at Vanderbilt and Georgia State for hidden gems.

Not to discredit your info, but is it possible that this is the messaging specific to this player? I surely would use this line so as to keep a decent relationship in place with the player regardless of our actual visit situation?

I don't know who the player is, so that may discredit my argument as well if they are a hot commodity.
I confirmed with someone else on here that would likely know

At first I assumed it was specific to this player

Advertisement
Family member of a kid in the portal said the staff told him they had no more visits left to use but he could come on his own dime

Finishing off the portal class I'd expect nothing else or very few additions.

Brutal mismanagement of the 2024 class to bring in all of those JAGs and not cut ties and waste visits we needed.

Guess we'll go into the season with 4 corners and 4 safeties. What could possibly go wrong? Also probably why they're all in on Ward.

Valid concerns in the defensive backfield. Just think it'll be a year where if it gets to that point, it'll be freshman time. Bold strategy, Cotton.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Update from a staff member - we have a few set aside for emergency. Guessing 2-3

Not totally inept, but close.
And not to keep harping on this, or you specifically, but others on this board used to claim incompetency when manuela would keep open 15 OV's that would never get used. 🤣 I choose this incompetence, but yes, dear Lord we need more help than 2-3 OVs haha

Advertisement
Back