Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

I didn’t realize there was a limit to portal visits. Good to know.
Mario is a great recruiter, but dang, seems like there an awful lot of different mismanaged nuances, from TO utilzation to visit utilization.
Thought with Unlimited OV now they adjusted numbers of OV for schools too??
Limit to overall number of OVs. They upped it a little but not much for this cycle and then at the end of last cycle because we ran out then too but had more to use after the rule change.

Advertisement
Family member of a kid in the portal said the staff told him they had no more visits left to use but he could come on his own dime

Finishing off the portal class I'd expect nothing else or very few additions.

Brutal mismanagement of the 2024 class to bring in all of those JAGs and not cut ties and waste visits we needed.

Guess we'll go into the season with 4 corners and 4 safeties. What could possibly go wrong? Also probably why they're all in on Ward.
AGAIN THIS HAPPENED???!!! Why are we the only school who can’t forecast visits correctly to stay under the caps

Are we the only school that never has enough OVs? lol
That or we just didn't care about getting this particular kid and didn't want to waste a visit on him?

Limit to overall number of OVs. They upped it a little but not much for this cycle and then at the end of last cycle because we ran out then too but had more to use after the rule change.
Would explain why so many visits are getting canned rn. I'm sure a lot of schools are in or near this predicament. Yay!

Scouting and evaluating. Probably more along the lines of Dennis Smith, Stephen Field, and Mackenzie Rizzi but really all on Mario.

from what I understand, Zo is mostly focused on current team player evals, portal scouting/evals. He doesn't delve too much into the HS stuff.

Advertisement
Judkins from Ole Miss to the portal. Want!

Animation Money GIF

Advertisement
Alabama native. Gotta think Bama or UGA
Very odd for him to enter being a star player on a good team. UGA just got Etienne so that'd be surprising. Bama maybe, but they do have Haynes who will be a beast and their other freshman RB Miller looked good this year too.

They upped it from 56 to 70 OVs allowed in a year. Effective April 1 - So I assume some of the post spring guys we pursued counted against that too. Fresh 56 (or 70 if they keep the trial limit) should start April 1, 2024 - so if we're going to be active in the portal it won't be anyone currently in there. It will be post spring window.

Should be less than a big deal due to NIL - it can be covered after the fact - but tough to convince someone like Kaidon Salter to come in who had no NIL deal and is probably strapped for cash at the moment.

Or we can be dirty about it... hasn't stopped schools like Georgia and Ohio State for several years for giving unofficial visitors the OV treatment. Slippery slope and haven't seen us really try to bend the rules to date under Mario. We don't even tamper like those other programs are doing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very odd for him to enter being a star player on a good team. UGA just got Etienne so that'd be surprising. Bama maybe, but they do have Haynes who will be a beast and their other freshman RB Miller looked good this year too.
Could just be a money grab too. Seems to be the new wave

Family member of a kid in the portal said the staff told him they had no more visits left to use but he could come on his own dime

Brutal mismanagement of the 2024 class to bring in all of those JAGs and not cut ties and waste visits we needed.

Guess we'll go into the season with 4 corners and 4 safeties. What could possibly go wrong? Also probably why they're all in on Ward.
Surprising that a guy that doesn't know how to utilize timeouts or take a knee would mismanage a roster.

Advertisement

So I heard they weren’t bringing kids on visits that have previously visited officially before… they were saving it for certain ones

Advertisement
Back