Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

I would trade staffs with Oregon in a millisecond

Lanning & Co has taken them to another level past whatever Mario did
let's see how they do in the big 10

they are by far the most talented team in the pac 12 and they couldn't win the pac 12 despite inheriting a roster that won it twice under mario.

only gonna get harder for them with Michigan, penn state, ohio state, Washington, and eventually Wisconsin and USC getting their acts together

Last edited:
Advertisement
CIS told me Lane can’t recruit.
This isn’t recruiting. It’s portaling.

1702137886801.gif

Drinkwitz went 5-5, 6-7, 6-7 his first three years before finally breaking through and winning 10 this year. Amazing what happens when a coach is given time to build a program.

Its amazing not having any expectations and lowering your teams to fit ...guess we are Mizzou.

If Mario wins 6 wins i promise u we would have posters that may slap him personally. Lol

Advertisement
This isn’t recruiting. It’s portaling.

View attachment 270575
True, but you still have to recruit the kid to your program. They’re just proven players at the collegiate level, not high schoolers. It’s a different kind of selling - it’s about production and development for the NFL, not “you’ll start here and rebuild a program” kind of deal (for the most part).

As of now, Norvell and Kiffin are two of the top portal recruiters in the country. Last year USC and LSU were as well (differing results, however). But, things can change. More teams are looking for quick-fixes at certain positions (or multiple positions, or in the case of a Colorado or Nebraska, a whole new team). Very curious to see how it all shakes out this year, especially with more programs emphasizing the portal as a fast-track to rebuilding a roster and challenging for a spot in the 12-team playoff.

True, but you still have to recruit the kid to your program. They’re just proven players at the collegiate level, not high schoolers. It’s a different kind of selling - it’s about production and development for the NFL, not “you’ll start here and rebuild a program” kind of deal (for the most part).

As of now, Norvell and Kiffin are two of the top portal recruiters in the country. Last year USC and LSU were as well (differing results, however). But, things can change. More teams are looking for quick-fixed. Very curious to see how it all shakes out this year, especially with more programs emphasizing the portal as a fast-track to rebuilding a roster and challenging for a spot in the 12-team playoff.
Crazy he still gets decent portal WRs after the past few have gone there and done nothing.

Advertisement
JHH - tbd if he’s returning
Burroughs - tbd
Moten - played sparingly
Horton - played in one game
Gore - played a bit but too small to be a reliable DT
Campbell - hasn’t played
Collins - dealing with a long-term injury

The rest are recruits that while talented, are unproven.

We absolutely need multiple experienced and productive bodies at DL.
I would thank Gore and Campbell for their service and look to upgrade those spots as well

Advertisement
Advertisement

- 50-50 as to whether he will take the visit to Washington. Visited with his family and they are all on board if Miami is the choice.
Says if he doesn't go to Washington that would end his recruitment in Miami's favor.

He will graduate next week and then would enroll in January.

“It was great, I enjoyed it,” Clark said. “Great trip, great people, the vibes, they welcomed my family, all the coaches, coach (Mario) Cristobal, (Jason) Taylor, (Joe) Salave’a, they were great to me the whole time, very real to me, let me know what they see in my future. A great time overall.”

Clark also says he was sold during the visit by his time around the team, and he had a meal with DL Akheem Mesidor and LB Francisco Mauigoa he says was enlightening.

“They talked highly about the coaches and just the environment at Miami,” Clark said. “I got a good feel from them. I also met with guys at the facilities, they were all genuine people, I communicated, got to know them.

Apparently Clark was wowed by Mario. “He is a great, great human, was very honest with me, told me the need they have for me, the opportunity I have to come there and really just was real with me, explained about the guys they have coming in, the upside of the program coming up,"

Advertisement
Back