Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t argue

I’m just high on Washington and Joseph and what we have coming in

Now if a Colbie Young bolts then you have to go all out.

I’m not high on Young and would love a WR1 pickup. But budget may be better spent elsewhere with what we have and have coming in.

He said it himself in an interview. How many of those carry’s were designed compared to being pressured out of pocket?

Rogers is TVD mobile if not less.

Riley is a projected day 1 QB but we saying he not a fit but Rogers isn’t any we saying he’s a big upgrade over TVD. I’m just confused.

Beside Rogers who’s a guy for what Mario wants to run?
why would we want a guy just because he does a higher rate of designated runs vs scrambling? If a guy can scramble well then every play is like a rpo. You only want to do designated qb runs less than a handful of times per game over the course of a season.

I’m not high on Young and would love a WR1 pickup. But budget may be better spent elsewhere with what we have and have coming in.

Young looked excellent to me this year…Looked so much more explosive this year and obviously the size has always been there. I think just about any team in America would make room for Colbie Young right now. Maybe not an OSU or another 2 or 3 teams based on what they have returning.

Oh of course, if you are talking a true stud WR, I'm all for it…I'm all for upgrading everywhere. No doubt…I'm justifying saying WR is WAY down on the list, I like what we have even though I think there is only a slim chance that both B.Smith/Restrepo are still BOTH not he roster next year. But yes upgrade all talent if possible

Point is take what you can, but don't get outbid at DT,QB, and probably Safety

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
why would we want a guy just because he does a higher rate of designated runs vs scrambling? If a guy can scramble well then every play is like a rpo. You only want to do designated qb runs less than a handful of times per game over the course of a season.
I don’t want just because of that. I want a tune or not more mobile QB. I also want a QB that’s not 1 read and take off. Rogers isn’t mobile and doesn’t like to run, can he scramble a little yeah. So we saying Dawson likes mobile QBs and he wants a QB that after going thru reads is willing to make plays with his legs like Tune? But some how that’s Roger’s and he’s a perfect fit. I’m just confused how he’s a perfect fit when he lacks those things

Where did you get the idea that Dawson doesn't like mobile QB's?

Clayton Tune rushed for 546yds & 5TD's off 128 carries last year for Houston.
Id say dawson offense is at its best with someone who can make plays on the ground and out of structure. Not having that in any offense these days is kinda limiting yourself

Advertisement
Back