Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

FSU will be looking for a QB too. Maybe UF as well…

Not only are we going to have to nail this one, but we need to be one step ahead of our in-state rivals as well.

I’m on the phone with Leonard’s reps asap.
I have a bad feeling we are already late to the party. You know how Mario operates. Hope this has changed

Advertisement
Riley Leonard is a Mario type QB no doubt. He may follow his HC to Texas A&M, who knows? I would love Weigman.
FSU will be looking for a QB too. Maybe UF as well…

Not only are we going to have to nail this one, but we need to be one step ahead of our in-state rivals as well.

I’m on the phone with Leonard’s reps asap.
Add Auburn to that mix.

Thorne's been doodoo butter, they made a run at McCall last year but i think his grades were ****ed. Riley is an AL native. Its been rumored throughout the season, to the point Lake and Gaby said it in one of their more recent pods.

Behind Thorne is Robby Ashford, also ***. Holden Geriner who hasnt done **** yet. They have Walker White coming in 2024 and Riley would give them the year for White or Hank Brown their '23 signee, who followed Freeze from Liberty.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The nice thing about Miami theres a bunch of South Florida kids balling elsewhere who’d like come home:

If you were a betting man, would you say we have favorable odds on having a good portal season between the net losses/additions?

Advertisement
Imo it’ll be our best portal class. Guys coming and going though. This might be the wildest portal season yet. Thats all campuses.
I can understand if some offensive guys just don’t fit the system and decide to leave but how can any defensive player not want to play in Lance’s system unless he is just hopelessly buried on the depth chart?

Last edited:
I’m guessing Moten haven’t seen him play much since September
That’s one of the problems I have with this staff when it comes to personnel decisions. If the young guys flash when you put them in and you know they’re better than some older depth guys, you play the young guys some as well, because they will gain experience. That way they can be the next man up or get even more snaps the following year. Moten flashed enough to deserve PT. He generated pressure when in and plugged up the middle well enough. Set him up to where next year he is one of your top DTs and has some game experience. Now we’re going to have Mario crying about lack of depth, but when really he mismanaged the snap count of young guys. You cannot tell me Moten is not good enough for 10-15 snaps per game when he is really the only big body DT on your roster. If he’s not, it’s on the coaches. You should have dude studying film all day and teaching him everything it takes to be a good DT because he has somethings you can not teach which are size and motor. Even if he lacks quickness.

Advertisement
Imo it’ll be our best portal class. Guys coming and going though. This might be the wildest portal season yet. Thats all campuses.

Oh **** with an agree from Leeds

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

My Keep List:
QB: Williams
RB: Chaney, Fletcher
TE: Arroyo, Skinner, R Williams
OL: Lee and Rivers if they are willing to wait on the NFL, Francis, Cooper, Pancake, McCoy, Williams, Kinsler, Tinilau
S: All of them (Markeith, Harris and ether of the starters if they're not happy with the NFL projection)
CB: All of them
LB: Francisco, Bissainthe (flashing more and more), Chase Smith, all the freshmen
DE: Mesidor, Bain, Kelly, Collins, Harvey, Wayne ... no idea about Moss
DT: JHH, Moten, Horton, Campbell

Top Portal Targets:
QB1 Best available (only push TVD out if we can trade up!!!)
QB2 lower P5/G5 starter who's willing to battle for backup with Emory like when we landed Ryan Williams from Memphis in 2012
2 Top DT, 3 if we don't get another Top 100 high school DT besides Jones
2 S Best 2 available
2 CB from Memnon's list

People don't realize how much deeper and more talented we are as a team than this time last year. And just as importantly, we are settled at coaching so should have already been backchanneling friends & family on the above portal spots (all within the rules of course), which means we should jump out of the gate strong in the portal. Retain the talent I named above, go get those 8 players we need to get, and we're ready to contend for the ACC Championship. That's doable.

Advertisement
Back