Look at norvel

Advertisement
What an original post. Thanks.

I mean it's not off base.

Dude was 3-6 year one, started year two 0-4 with a home loss to Jacksonville State and was again 3-6 entering the Miami game that fall—6-12 career at that point.

Eked out the win over Miami, beat Boston College, lost to a garbage Florida team and finished 5-7 year two.

By that point their fans were seething and were talking buy-out but couldn't afford it as they paid Taggart so much to go away.

A few average recruiting classes by that point, hit the portal hard and wound up a fugazi 10-3 last year—losing to the only three ranked team the Seminoles played—and gifted a 6-6 Oklahoma team for a bowl game, which they barely won.

Now they're 9-0 year four as Jordan Travis—who looked like a total bozo in 2021—is a Heisman candidate and has FSU on a 15-game win streak.

The difference between these two teams is literally a quarterback. Miami would be 9-0 or 8-1 right now if Van Dyke was merely playing decent and not like hot garbage; one interception his first four games and 10 his last three starts.

Pïssing and moaning about year two coaching when the issue is literally a damaged goods quarterback is nonsensical.

At this point, get to 8-4, win the bowl game, keep recruiting, keep purging, get a serviceable transfer QB, prepare for 2024, next year 10-2.
8-4? It's very possible that we don't win another game this year. I'd actually say it's likely.

They wanted to hang him. It took 3 yrs . So be patient. U all say about ken dorsey. If hired. You'd do the same if he didn't produce. WHAT A bunch of....
U act like FSU isn’t gonna be battling for 6-6 next year and they will want his head again

Advertisement
I tried so hard not laugh at this and I failed miserably
A lot of people laughed at it.
But it was actually to point out that Norvell gets a bunch of credit for being an offensive guru when in fact he’s bailed out by a very good qb.
Just another in a long list of head coaches being bailed out by good qb play.

Actually the blame for those coaches you listed was the initial hiring practices and the state of program funding. Once the hiring happens, yes, patience is required. The only thing complaining does is make the program look bad for the players, recruits, and other fans.
I think you may have missed the point.

Advertisement
Back