Lonnie Walker opens up about his past

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
When I saw the headline I thought his painful past was referring to when he dribbled the ball off his foot in the NCAAT game.

Man this hit me hard..dude has been genuinely one of the nicest athletes I've seen come through here in some time.
When you think of the world we live in where so many casual people always have to quip with "just shut up and dribble the ball" or "your job is to entertain me, not voice your opinion" as if struggles dont exist within the life of an athlete simply because they're an athlete.

Advertisement
What an awful story. I thought he was about as solid of a person as you can be before reading that, but to overcome that and have his disposition and attitude. Unreal. We can all stand to learn a lesson from him.

A story of his perseverance. Love Lonnie - both as a Cane and as a Spur fan, but he's just a great human being on top of that. The fact that he's overcome such hardship is a testament to the man he is. He's been a treat to watch for both my alma mater and my favorite NBA team, on and off the court.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back