Lonnie walker McDonald All American highlights...

brock

All-American
[TWEET]846892803342917636[/TWEET]
.... he's elite player. Should be ranked top 10 in this class he can do everything....

Advertisement
It's hard to believe a top 20 recruit/McDAA can be underrated, but he is underrated. Kid is the goods. I would be surprised if he is here 2 years.

He looks like a pure #2 . What does our lineup look like? This kid is a 30 minute guy from go.

He looks like a pure #2 . What does our lineup look like? This kid is a 30 minute guy from go.

I had thought Walker was more of a wing, but you're right. He's a 2. Looks like Brown will be the 1. Both of those guys need to be getting 30+ minutes. A 3 guard lineup of Walker, Brown and Lykes will be sick. Looks like Newton, Amp and DJ will be squeezed for minutes. Next year's team is deep and talented from 1 through 5.

Advertisement

I had thought Walker was more of a wing, but you're right. He's a 2. Looks like Brown will be the 1. Both of those guys need to be getting 30+ minutes. A 3 guard lineup of Walker, Brown and Lykes will be sick. Looks like Newton, Amp and DJ will be squeezed for minutes. Next year's team is deep and talented from 1 through 5.

And if Huell can live up to expectations we are going to dominate next year.

I saw McDonald's game last night. I tried to concentrate solely on Walker. He appeared some what mechanical in his movements compared to the other guards in game. He never tried to attack basket and was content staying on the perimeter. It appears that he may be weak in setting up his own shot and is mainly a player that needs an open look to be successful. Sexton, a guard going to Bama is the real deal. Great ball handler, distributor of ball, and good shooter. In my opinion, Walker is a little raw but I'm sure coaches capable of bringing out the best in him.

It's just a practice highlight video, but I didn't realize he was that good of a long range shooter. And he really seems to understand the game. It's gonna be fun to watch he and Brown in the back court together.

Advertisement
It's just a practice highlight video, but I didn't realize he was that good of a long range shooter. And he really seems to understand the game. It's gonna be fun to watch he and Brown in the back court together.

Is Brown staying?

Just wanted to say that if anything, he's probably a little tired. I'm from his hometown and this kid has been swamped with stuff lately with everything from winning the state championship for a city that never had one before. The city has gone nuts and the team is in demand everywhere. They're having a parade next Wednesday. Lonnie has had a pretty busy schedule with just winning the state and then suddenly having to get to the all-star game and he'll be heading home to more celebrations--having to fit school into all of that and then moving on to Miami. Believe me--he's a special player and a great kid. Reading is very proud of him. I look forward to rooting for him when he joins the Hurricanes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seen him in person twice this year. Walker/Brown watch the **** out world. Straight up.

Advertisement
Back