Lonnie Walker is ballin….

Advertisement
How is Canes bball "missing out"?"

Fact is, John Salmons remains the program's best pro since 1985 when UM returned to the court. I hope Lonnie goes on to top Salmons (not THAT hard to do) and we can introduce him to the sold out Watsco as an NBA great All-Pro who played for UM.

But ... not at this point. Lets see him have al least a couple standout seasons, not just a couple nice games.
Its not a big deal. Just that a former cane in one of biggest playoff games with this eras biggest stars in 4th qtr takes over and carries a storied franchise, is trending worldwide and not even a tweet from them? Just a missed opportunity because I see others do it all the time.. Again not a big deal, but always be marketing.

I think you took what I meant out of context also but no worries.. Great night for Lonnie.

Advertisement
Its not a big deal. Just that a former cane in one of biggest playoff games with this eras biggest stars in 4th qtr takes over and carries a storied franchise, is trending worldwide and not even a tweet from them? Just a missed opportunity because I see others do it all the time.. Again not a big deal, but always be marketing.

I think you took what I meant out of context also but no worries.. Great night for Lonnie.
Yes, it was a great game. Lonnie has showed out in this series. And, I'm def with you in terms of it being nice to be able to "market" a successful, modern day UM pro.

Salmons, hardly a household name, had a couple NBA seasons where he averaged 18-19 ppg but he did it in anonymity on bad Kings teams. Rick Barry is an all-time great NBA player but hes 80 yrs old. Hoping Lonnie can keep it up!

I am ecstatic for Lonnie and his family. His presser was a testament to how hardworking of a guy he is. He stayed confident despite being on the bench for the second half of the year, and it paid off on the biggest stage alongside the biggest names in the game.

Hat to see the Spurs crap the bed yet again on a young prospect, but it isn’t about them. This was Lonnie’s game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bruce Brown has played well for the Nuggets as well.
Huge game last night for Brown. In 27 min off the bench. Scored 25 points with 5 boards.

Lonnie played the same number of minutes the night before and scored 15, with 3 boards. Got 10x the national publicity. Thats the diff between playing in LA or Denver.

Huge game last night for Brown. In 27 min off the bench. Scored 25 points with 5 boards.

Lonnie played the same number of minutes the night before and scored 15, with 3 boards. Got 10x the national publicity. Thats the diff between playing in LA or Denver.
Bruce is only 26 too. I could see him taking the next step and matching what Salmons did at his peak in those couple seasons he averaged like 19ppg.

Advertisement

Yea definitely, context matters tho.. Lakers with Lebron and playing defending champs GS with Curry. That game is drawing more viewers even in late night time slot and game was closer (i turned off den-Suns game last night even though its been an exciting series, they were up 20).. Lakers game was in balance in 4th, AD and lebron dead tired (they couldnt even get lebron more than 15 seconds on bench), they go to Lonnie who has Curry trying to hide on him and he starts cooking.. He scored all his points in that time and almost matched GS point total in 4th (17 points)

Advertisement
Back