• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Lonnie apparently is hurt

Notsince1985

Retired staff
I spoke with a family member who is a rheumatologist. They said after surgery, you're off crutches in 4-6 weeks. He said he should be fine to practice/play in 8-10 weeks (maximum, at the absolute worst, 3 months). First regular season game is November 10, which is almost exactly 16 weeks (4 months for those who suck at math) from today. We don't play a real opponent until November 29. Our first ACC game won't be until the very end of December of beginning of January. How's that weak ass schedule looking now, boys?

I spoke with a family member who is a rheumatologist. They said after surgery, you're off crutches in 4-6 weeks. He said he should be fine to practice/play in 8-10 weeks (maximum, at the absolute worst, 3 months). First regular season game is November 10, which is almost exactly 16 weeks (4 months for those who suck at math) from today. We don't play a real opponent until November 29. Our first ACC game won't be until the very end of December of beginning of January. How's that weak ass schedule looking now, boys?

I'd probably keep him out until we play LaSalle in Reading. That's almost 20 weeks from now.

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker

The downside is him losing practice with the team, especially with the newcomers. But all told it could've been so much worse.

CTCANE

Junior
You're still posting on here?

I'd probably keep him out until we play LaSalle in Reading. That's almost 20 weeks from now.

Canedude08

Sophomore
This sucks, but depending on the damage, there is a good chance he ends up playing this season. I wouldn't be shocked if he is up and running by the time conference play begins, especially if it isn't totally destroyed.

caneinpsl

Senior

Lol! Let's just hope it's only the meniscus, and recovery goes smoothly. That GD CBS Sports article jinxed us......

TheU1988

You broke me, Miami.

Lol! Let's just hope it's only the meniscus, and recovery goes smoothly. That GD CBS Sports article jinxed us......

THIS. GOD DAMMIT. Every single time I get excited about Miami sports someone gets suspended, hurt, or the University gets investigated by the NCAA. Fucking hell.

Morey161

Sophomore
Terrible news but considering it's not season ending and should be fully ready by the ACC schedule. Should be playing during the ooc schedule