lol

All ACC
Premium
"The surprise of the day came from receiver Brandon Holifield, who committed to Miami back in the summer but announced he had 'decommitted' and is now considering the University of Massachusetts, among other schools. 'I just wasn't feeling it,'" Matt Vautour of the Daily New Hampshire Gazette relayed.

Advertisement
Word is Victor Cruz gave Brandon a call last week.

Gotta give the UMass coaching staff credit for this one.

Lulz

Advertisement
Not sure what's so funny. This kid took a bullet for our class. We all know he was essentially dropped last minute. I feel bad for the kid because the likely reality was he was looking forward to coming here for months.

Not sure what's so funny. This kid took a bullet for our class. We all know he was essentially dropped last minute. I feel bad for the kid because the likely reality was he was looking forward to coming here for months.

This. The staff offered this kid a legit ship and then pulled last minute. Nothing is funny about that, Its embarrassing for the kid. I hate when staffs do this. Its part of the business but I really wish we just hadn't offered in the first place.

This. The staff offered this kid a legit ship and then pulled last minute. Nothing is funny about that, Its embarrassing for the kid. I hate when staffs do this. Its part of the business but I really wish we just hadn't offered in the first place.

Why do people keep saying this when his own coach told us that wasn't the case?

Did I miss something?

If he was dropped last minute I am sure he was offered a grey shirt option to come in by December. He probably said no and he and we moved on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Best of luck to him wherever he lands, but he was just not going to play here.

Those that keep saying Hollifield was dropped last minute are just flat out wrong. He had papers on signing day....but just didn't sign them.

If you think Holifield had a scholarship here for this year and he just didnt sign it...your crazy

Those that keep saying Hollifield was dropped last minute are just flat out wrong. He had papers on signing day....but just didn't sign them.

I don't know the details in full, I'll ask hollyhood when the smoke clears a bit from signing day...but this wasn't a typical de-commit and sign elsewhere...there was some behind the scenes shenanigans there somewhere. The details are just that, but this doesn't sound like a classic break. Kid doesn't drop down from Miami to UMass without something behind the scenes going on.

Advertisement

That's not true. At all. The staff was very open and honest throughout the entire process with the kid and the family, and there is zero ill will between the kid, the HS, and UM. We did nothing wrong. In fact, we did everything right.

That's not true. At all. The staff was very open and honest throughout the entire process with the kid and the family, and there is zero ill will between the kid, the HS, and UM. We did nothing wrong. In fact, we did everything right.

I don't know the story but seeing the way Al deals with things I'm sure this is closer to the truth. I doubt Golden led the kid on thinking he had an offer all the way to signing day.

I mean they told Blue he could commit but if Avery Young chose Miami he was going to have to greyshirt so the staff seems to be honest with these kids. It would have been easy for Golden to just not tell Blue and then if Young came he would basically be **** out of luck.

Advertisement
Hey I taught HS for seven years. Duval even teachers make mistakes!.. We are humans not robots.

your and you're are ridiculously simple

no excuse for a kindergarden teacher to mix those up

i weep for the florida school system

I worry for our youth. This ***** Vern is part of the problem when it comes to the South Florida educational system. Somebody remind where this cat teaches so my kids don't go there

Advertisement
Back