LOL some USC poster ain't playing games..

Advertisement
but actually, with the current stipends and pell grants an the fact they have room and board covered, A lot of these cars would be affordable for players at about $300-500/month.

Absolutely nothing to see here, fellas. Those student athletes merely dipped into their college trust funds to purchase those cars. That cash being waved was (most likely) nothing more than an allowance, or a kid splurging after earning some money at the college book store.

The NCAA

fBSL5tk.jpg

Bama's pockets run deep. They most likely have someone whose sole purpose is to cover these types of things up.

This happens everywhere, probably not as blatant as Bama though. Quan was living the life when he was enrolled.

Advertisement
but actually, with the current stipends and pell grants an the fact they have room and board covered, A lot of these cars would be affordable for players at about $300-500/month.

This is very plausible.

I saw this same **** when I was at Northern Illinois. Guys driving around in Magnums and Chargers. NIU ain't got the boosters that Bama does. No way players were receiving money bags in ******* DeKalb, Illinois.

This is very plausible.

I saw this same **** when I was at Northern Illinois. Guys driving around in Magnums and Chargers. NIU ain't got the boosters that Bama does. No way players were receiving money bags in ****ing DeKalb, Illinois.

Andre Johnson was driving around an H2 (those were in at the time) while playing on the team.

Advertisement

Not really. With all of the new banking regulations, you couldnt do that even for a guaranteed number one pick.

Not really. With all of the new banking regulations, you couldnt do that even for a guaranteed number one pick.

You don't think you can lease a car for $300-500/month? You're wrong if that's what you think.

Not saying you're wrong, but I would like to see the math on that.
Take this with a grain of salt:

Well typically colleges are offering between $2k-$5k per year for the stipends (link at bottom). I'm not sure what the maximum you can give is but I'd expect its around $6k. Its supposed to cover the rest of the COA, like transportation, food, movies etc. But Miami being a private school doesn't report how much we give....though Brooklyndee said we spend the most out of any P5 school on stipends.
Anyways. You have this stipend money, plus I'm fairly sure most of these athletes are eligible to receive pell grants or whatever the Fafsa aid is called, so thats another like $5k/yr. Plus if they live offcampus the money they receive for housing might exceed what they actually need to cover their bills, in which case they'd pocket the rest. So you're talking about having up to $10k/yr in extra spending money which would translate to about $800/month.

And since they already get free meals which is the biggest drain on college students wallets, they should be able to pay for lease on a car, phone bill, and still have a couple hundred left over per month for other stuff.
And they all get ipads and free clothes and **** so its not like they should really be spending any money on that. I mean books are expensive but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't buy them. I graduated in Engineering and I didn't buy a book after my sophomore yr.

Cincinnati athletes lead in benefit boost from cost of attendance

Last edited:

You don't think you can lease a car for $300-500/month? You're wrong if that's what you think.

Wrong point. The Lessor, if they are a bank or finance company, wouldnt do the lease because it would not meet their credit requirements.

Advertisement

Wrong point. The Lessor, if they are a bank or finance company, wouldnt do the lease because it would not meet their credit requirements.

Well then thats where boosters could come into play. They could make it happen without actually paying the guys anything. And It not like it would be wrong to push the paperwork through if you know the dude is going to be able to pay for it via school/govt money.

Advertisement
Back