LOL @ Randy Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree he's a good coach. But he's not DC material either, Dog. At least not at a BCS team like UF or Miami.

He is one of the best DCs to ever coach at UM tf u talking about??

Do you smoke Crack?

He was a product of first rouders at every position IMO.

He was **** when butches dudes left and would get torched by gt

Randy was a good DC. When he became head coach he turned those duties over. Obviously a mistake.

Then he was a terrible coach because if he handed those duties over wtf did this dude do? He landed the number one class in 08 (thanks Nevin) and then he was terrible after that in recruiting. Dude didn't take devonta freeman and had a similar thing like golden with tall cornerbacks. Both golden n Shannon's tenures were similar.....both control freaks Shannon with his taking the name off jerseys **** and golden with controlling the media. Both guys put blinders on when they knew they were in trouble....both *** recruiters IMO because they let all the guys leave sfla. Randy had bad raps with a ton of high schools in sfla and golden too. They both suck period and need to be led because they r not leaders of a CFB program.

Advertisement
Miami fans are the only people who think Randy can't coach......dude is very knowledgeable & is good DC...

Except for the rest of college football HC, who have never given him a chance to be a DC.. other than the 17 days UF did before hiring another one.

Except for the rest of college football HC, who have never given him a chance to be a DC.. other than the 17 days UF did before hiring another one.

LOL...dumbest $h!t I've ever read.

So I guess Richt doesn't think He's a good HC because He hired Kuligowski to be the AHC...huh?

Your post is totally devoid of logic.

Miami fans are the only people who think Randy can't coach......dude is very knowledgeable & is good DC...

Yep......10 years ago with supreme athletes in that basic 4-3 man under scheme. The cracks in the Armour began to show once offenses began to evolve. He consistently got torched by spread teams and teams that utilized the TE down the middle.

Advertisement

Yep......10 years ago with supreme athletes in that basic 4-3 man under scheme. The cracks in the Armour began to show once offenses began to evolve. He consistently got torched by spread teams and teams that utilized the TE down the middle.

Spread teams torch the best of the best see Clemson vs Bama....or Ta&m vs Bama.....but Nick still great right???

His defense can't stop the spread....it's one thing not to like Randy but he can coach defense...

Spread teams torch the best of the best see Clemson vs Bama....or Ta&m vs Bama.....but Nick still great right???

His defense can't stop the spread....it's one thing not to like Randy but he can coach defense...

vatech scored 44 points against the likes of sean taylor, vilma, johnson, wilfork yadda yadda yadda..

7 of those was a returned TD but still..

radio is so good, he's just been turning down offers to be a d coordinator because he's having so much fun coaching linebackers!

this guy couldn't even stop the simple crossing route vs louisville..

That's because we've had the pleasure of watching his work beyond the 2001 Rose Bowl.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Randy Shannon is a good coach and like has been said not head coaching material. I think it gets lost in the shuffle sometimes around here. Yes, Miami gave him some incredible opportunities. Randy as a high school athlete earned a scholly to Miami. Randy earned an opportunity to coach. He developed under some quality coaches. He added value to Miami. And let me say this. The 2016 defensive squad vs the 2015 squad, what do you think? Which D was better? Which D would you want now? What is the difference in them? Lets not kid ourselves here. Coaching makes a big ******* difference. IMO Diaz had the better staff, but had to do more to get his D as tough as they were compared to Dorito's D. Dorito had less staff, but better players (in a weird sense . . . ) so he should have had his D playing better imo than the 2016 version. Point is Randy may have had world class talent, but he still coached them up. I do not think he gets enough credit for that. I think some of the reasons may be because he is black and comes across like a recluse. I think if he were white and recluse he would be seen more positively.

Advertisement
Every team as a Co-Defensive coordinator.

Randy is the head guy who has an assistant to help with certain task.

It is the same way every team has a Co-offensive coordinator

They didn't even let Randy be the lone DC for a full month.

Chris Rumph now Florida's co-DC as all staff positions are set

Florida defensive line coach Chris Rumph has been promoted to co-defensive coordinator, the school announced Friday.

He will serve in that capacity alongside Randy Shannon, who was promoted earlier this year after serving for the past two seasons as the team’s linebackers coach. Shannon had replaced Geoff Collins, who left to become coach at Temple.

Every defensive coordinator has an assistant.

Every team as a Co-Defensive coordinator.

Randy is the head guy who has an assistant to help with certain task.

It is the same way every team has a Co-offensive coordinator
Not every team has a co-DC. However, people are glossing over the fact that Geoff Collins also had a co-DC at UF (Randy Shannon). This is not a big deal, IMO. It's just the way UF does it.

I'm not a big Shannon fan, but people are reaching for **** to bash him with. Regardless of how long it took, he is the DC at Florida.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon is a good coach and like has been said not head coaching material. I think it gets lost in the shuffle sometimes around here. Yes, Miami gave him some incredible opportunities. Randy as a high school athlete earned a scholly to Miami. Randy earned an opportunity to coach. He developed under some quality coaches. He added value to Miami. And let me say this. The 2016 defensive squad vs the 2015 squad, what do you think? Which D was better? Which D would you want now? What is the difference in them? Lets not kid ourselves here. Coaching makes a big ****ing difference. IMO Diaz had the better staff, but had to do more to get his D as tough as they were compared to Dorito's D. Dorito had less staff, but better players (in a weird sense . . . ) so he should have had his D playing better imo than the 2016 version. Point is Randy may have had world class talent, but he still coached them up. I do not think he gets enough credit for that. I think some of the reasons may be because he is black and comes across like a recluse. I think if he were white and recluse he would be seen more positively.

so are you saying because Randy is black and a recluse he should have had better opportunities than to be (up to now) a journeyman lb coach at TCU, AK, and Florida? So now he is a co-dc at Florida. You think McEnamelstain doesn't trust Randy to have full reigns due to his skin color and reclusiveness?

Advertisement
They didn't even let Randy be the lone DC for a full month.

Chris Rumph now Florida's co-DC as all staff positions are set

Florida defensive line coach Chris Rumph has been promoted to co-defensive coordinator, the school announced Friday.

He will serve in that capacity alongside Randy Shannon, who was promoted earlier this year after serving for the past two seasons as the team’s linebackers coach. Shannon had replaced Geoff Collins, who left to become coach at Temple.

Randy Shannon was a true Cane, and you can't blame him for earning his living. But the only reason he even sniffs a DC job is because of his recruiting connections into So FL, all due to the University of Miami. I know he was a good DC at Miami back 12 years ago. But that was with some world-class athletes in an era before innovative offenses dominated college football. He's a great LB coach, and I'm sure a great assistant head coach. Couldn't even sniff Diaz' jock strap.

Come on man. A "true" cane wouldn't go work for Florida. He can find work elsewhere, but chooses to work for the gayturds. For that, Fu ck him.

Randy Shannon is a good coach and like has been said not head coaching material. I think it gets lost in the shuffle sometimes around here. Yes, Miami gave him some incredible opportunities. Randy as a high school athlete earned a scholly to Miami. Randy earned an opportunity to coach. He developed under some quality coaches. He added value to Miami. And let me say this. The 2016 defensive squad vs the 2015 squad, what do you think? Which D was better? Which D would you want now? What is the difference in them? Lets not kid ourselves here. Coaching makes a big ******* difference. IMO Diaz had the better staff, but had to do more to get his D as tough as they were compared to Dorito's D. Dorito had less staff, but better players (in a weird sense . . . ) so he should have had his D playing better imo than the 2016 version. Point is Randy may have had world class talent, but he still coached them up. I do not think he gets enough credit for that. I think some of the reasons may be because he is black and comes across like a recluse. I think if he were white and recluse he would be seen more positively.

You really believe that?

Randy was loved by all when he was hired as Miami's HC.

I was thrilled and was hoping it would be the beginning of a long and successful career. Unfortunately, he was not head coach material and failed. Since then he's been nothing more than a journeyman linebackers coach, getting a final shot for the DC job at Florida. Which he chose to go to by the way, so ***** him for that.

So he has the D.C. job a total of a week before someone else also becomes defensive coordinator. If you want to talk about race, that's a slap in the face to him by the gators. That saying you're not good enough to do the job by yourself. That's what I would focus on if you want to talk about race.

He had his chance down here and he failed not because of race but because of his own ineptitude.

Randy Shannon is a good coach and like has been said not head coaching material. I think it gets lost in the shuffle sometimes around here. Yes, Miami gave him some incredible opportunities. Randy as a high school athlete earned a scholly to Miami. Randy earned an opportunity to coach. He developed under some quality coaches. He added value to Miami. And let me say this. The 2016 defensive squad vs the 2015 squad, what do you think? Which D was better? Which D would you want now? What is the difference in them? Lets not kid ourselves here. Coaching makes a big ****ing difference. IMO Diaz had the better staff, but had to do more to get his D as tough as they were compared to Dorito's D. Dorito had less staff, but better players (in a weird sense . . . ) so he should have had his D playing better imo than the 2016 version. Point is Randy may have had world class talent, but he still coached them up. I do not think he gets enough credit for that. I think some of the reasons may be because he is black and comes across like a recluse. I think if he were white and recluse he would be seen more positively.

so are you saying because Randy is black and a recluse he should have had better opportunities than to be (up to now) a journeyman lb coach at TCU, AK, and Florida? So now he is a co-dc at Florida. You think McEnamelstain doesn't trust Randy to have full reigns due to his skin color and reclusiveness?

no i am saying that many of the people who hate him, hate him bc he is black and a recluse.

I dont hate Coker, Shannon, or Golden. I wouldn't want any of them as my head coach. I do think that they all have positive qualities with regards to coaching.

For some reason, Shannon who has been ALL MIAMI almost all the time seems to get more venom and hate than other former coaches. I think Shannon comes across poorly at times, bc he seems reclusive, inflexible, unwilling to change, etc;

And as far as co this or co that, I just assume that it is a title to hire or retain a coach along with a pay increase. If Shannon wasn't trusted he wouldnt have DC attached to his name.

vatech scored 44 points against the likes of sean taylor, vilma, johnson, wilfork yadda yadda yadda..

7 of those was a returned TD but still..

radio is so good, he's just been turning down offers to be a d coordinator because he's having so much fun coaching linebackers!

this guy couldn't even stop the simple crossing route vs louisville..

Just like every DC & defense will have bad days.....but I thought Randy had so many good players he didn't have to coach right??

So why ST & Wilfork Vilma let VT score over 40pts huh? Oh that's coaching but when that same group shut teams out it's the players lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back