lol Cristobal

Let's see he left Miami and the ****tiest coach in UM history where he would of been fired. Check!
He went To Alabama and got a huge pay raise. Check!
He went to Alabama and won several national championships for his resume. Check!
He went to Oregon, got away from Napoleon and got another pay raise! Check!
Once again he left AL GOLDEN. Check! Check!!

Say whatever you want about Mario but leaving Miami at that time was the smartest thing he did for his career. And now he might get another raise to go to Florida? Lulz that means three raises by leaving Al Golden. You should applaud the man. Quit being a hater!

I don't think anybody is arguing he's made bad career decisions. He is a prototypical scumbag weasel coach though.

That hasn't stopped people from worshipping at the feet of Botch.

Smart man for doing what he did here. Anyone questioning that or the reasons for it should get their head examined.
You can try to rationalize it by invoking Golden's name (or Saban's if that is your angle) but it doesn't change the fact that Cristobal took a massive dump all over his alma mater. The message he sent to south Florida high schools with that move was Miami is no longer a relevant college football program. Why should a recruit choose Miami over Alabama when a former player just did the exact opposite? The fact that ****ting on his alma mater worked out for him doesn't make it any more palatable to me. **** him.

"Business decision"

Where do people think these kids get it from?

Advertisement
Mario made the move to Oregon to be an OC because he finally realized an OL coach at Alabama was not a pathway back to being a Head Coach. I honestly doubt they are offering Mario the same kind of deal at Florida.

Why are people so mad at Mario? Coaches leave assistant positions all the time. Nobody hates Chud for leaving. And Chud's departure has had a much worse impact on Miami football than Mario's departure did. Chud's departure was one of the big reasons Coker fell apart (along with the loss of Butch Davis recruits and move from the Big East to ACC.)

Nobody needed that to happen for people to think we weren't relevant at the time. Golden at the helm, nobody should choose us over Alabama if both have offered. Truth hurts and while I see what you're saying, nobody but the blindness of homers would've sent their kid here over Bama at the time.

Any employer that would ask you to stay when a 30, 40, or whatever it was percent raise with essentially another company is someone you don't want to work for. They don't have your best interest at heart and asking him to stay would be selfish as ****. It was business, the right call was made.

This isn't business, this is sports. In sports we don't give rat's *** about other teams. I don't have any sympathy or pity for them because only one team gets to win, and you're on the wrong board if you can't see that. I get why mario left, but I don't see any reason why I shouldn't take that **** personally. As I said, he could have chosen not to take the job at Miami, but he did. As an alum he owed us better, and that's some **** I won't forget. To be clear, Randy is still a Cane...all he does is talk **** as part of his job. mario is no longer a Cane because he made a promise to Miami then he broke it leaving us scrambling to fill his position.

Feel however you like, I take no issue with it. I do find it interesting how you pick and choose who is or isn't a Cane. In his shoes, I would've done the same thing and if you wouldn't, you're nuts or aren't being objective.

One could certainly question his decision to come in the first place and make all kinds of assumptions as to why he did. Perhaps it was the best job offer he had, maybe it was equal to others, but the tipping point was it was his alma mater....somewhat like Richt coming back after proclaiming he intended to take some time off. Perhaps he saw the circus that was Golden and said I have to get the **** out of here. Best question I would have for him, why did you take that dead end head coaching gig? I never understand those kinds of moves as they can be career killers, even if you're young and just starting out.

By "dead end" I assume you mean FIU? At the time that was the next step on his rise to coaching greatness.

You're right, i do pick and choose. In this case, my judgement hinges on the fact that he is an alum, and treated Miami as no different than any other school. How he treats his positions at other school that's business but, in my view, your alma mater deserves a higher level of respect.

My question has always been what Cristoball knew about Golden when he took the job and what did he see firsthand when he got here?

Was it that he saw a career killing shît show circus he didn't realize he was getting into when he took the job or did he accept the job with Golden as a safety valve and simply leave his alma mater for Bama when the better offer came?

It was the latter. He essentially did what the s.fla recruits he goes after did.(used us a s a placehokder ( He had no job was fired...he PREVIOUSLY worked with Golden and No Frio so reached out and they gave him a gig. He then ran for greener pastures. He aint/wasn't some elite coach n saw a **** show an ran off cause quite frankly he was a circus and sh-t show at fiu. He was dead to me the moment he left for a lateral move. Because those years at Bama brought....what to his coaching resume?..because he can't get a job as a hc..and is still getting hired just for recruiting prowess. He can't even get a mac gig currently

Last edited:
This isn't business, this is sports. In sports we don't give rat's *** about other teams. I don't have any sympathy or pity for them because only one team gets to win, and you're on the wrong board if you can't see that. I get why mario left, but I don't see any reason why I shouldn't take that **** personally. As I said, he could have chosen not to take the job at Miami, but he did. As an alum he owed us better, and that's some **** I won't forget. To be clear, Randy is still a Cane...all he does is talk **** as part of his job. mario is no longer a Cane because he made a promise to Miami then he broke it leaving us scrambling to fill his position.

Feel however you like, I take no issue with it. I do find it interesting how you pick and choose who is or isn't a Cane. In his shoes, I would've done the same thing and if you wouldn't, you're nuts or aren't being objective.

One could certainly question his decision to come in the first place and make all kinds of assumptions as to why he did. Perhaps it was the best job offer he had, maybe it was equal to others, but the tipping point was it was his alma mater....somewhat like Richt coming back after proclaiming he intended to take some time off. Perhaps he saw the circus that was Golden and said I have to get the **** out of here. Best question I would have for him, why did you take that dead end head coaching gig? I never understand those kinds of moves as they can be career killers, even if you're young and just starting out.

By "dead end" I assume you mean FIU? At the time that was the next step on his rise to coaching greatness.

You're right, i do pick and choose. In this case, my judgement hinges on the fact that he is an alum, and treated Miami as no different than any other school. How he treats his positions at other school that's business but, in my view, your alma mater deserves a higher level of respect.

My question has always been what Cristoball knew about Golden when he took the job and what did he see firsthand when he got here?

Was it that he saw a career killing shît show circus he didn't realize he was getting into when he took the job or did he accept the job with Golden as a safety valve and simply leave his alma mater for Bama when the better offer came?

It was the latter. He essentially did what the s.fla recruits he goes after did.(used us a s a placehokder ( He had no job was fired...he PREVIOUSLY worked with Golden and No Frio so reached out and they gave him a gig. He then ran for greener pastures. He aint/wasn't some elite coach n saw a **** show an ran off cause quite frankly he was a circus and sh-t show at fiu. He was dead to me the moment he left for a lateral move. Because those years at Bama brought....what to his coaching resume?..because he can't get a job as a hc..and is still getting hired just for recruiting prowess. He can't even get a mac gig currently

You're right. The Bama job seems to have stunted his coaching career and made him looked at as more of a recruiter.

Advertisement

That sounds accurate.

Advertisement
Back